Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Beaning the batters isn't a punishment.  Their players sullied the sport.  They need to receive a real punishment to deter future cheating.  Bregman and Altuve and everyone else who participated need to be suspended the same as players who get caught using PEDs.  The commissioner's decision not to punish the players who did the cheating was chicken **** and just invited more cheating.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beaning the batters isn't a punishment.  Their players sullied the sport.  They need to receive a real punishment to deter future cheating.  Bregman and Altuve and everyone else who participated need to be suspended the same as players who get caught using PEDs.  The commissioner's decision not to punish the players who did the cheating was chicken **** and just invited more cheating.

I agree. With the new story that Tony Kemp refused to join the sign stealing scam when he was called up in September 2017, it's obvious MLB did a ****ty job investigating this. MLB didn't need the players involved cooperation to figure out the cheating scam. There were plenty of players not involved that could provide information that the scheme had actually occurred. Once the players involved were identified, they should have been given 2 options: Cooperate & get a 1 year suspension; Don't cooperate & receive a lifetime ban.

The Astros ****ed with the integrity of the game. That, to me, is the worst thing you can do as a player or organization. HOU fired the people who let it happen. MLB did nothing to the players who actually did the cheating. Manfred needs to resign.

• Thanks 1

The more the Astros talk, the more I think they’re completely deserving of having their championship vacated. Players need to be suspended. MLB needs to put the team up for sale. Listening to their owner the other day, it’s clear where their organizational culture comes from. No accountability. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Correa really just used the word "audacity" while defending his team from criticism...

I was totally fine with the Astros accepting their punishment and moving on until they got to spring training and got in front of cameras. It’s abundantly clear nobody on that team feels any bit of remorse or accountable for their mistakes. They’re defensive and bristle at criticism. They have zero right to stand up for themselves. 

Take their title. Sell their team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow, every single hot post on r/baseball is about the Astros. They've somehow managed to screw this apology up so badly that we're still talking about the scandal like it's breaking news three months later. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

won the world series, arrived early into training. big year coming for Mr. Robles

People forget that Robles was actually a higher touted prospect than Soto. If he ever gets his bat going, with his already Gold Glove caliber glove...look out.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

People forget that Robles was actually a higher touted prospect than Soto. If he ever gets his bat going, with his already Gold Glove caliber glove...look out.

...and Robles was coming off a pretty significant elbow/wrist injury before last year started. He missed most of the 2018 season with that injury (hurt in April, 2018 not sure when he returned). You could see the rust at the beginning of last year. He only got better at the plate, on the bases & in the field during the season. I'm really looking forward to a healthy Robles this year.

13 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Tony Kornheiser is an embarrassment to our city. At least we can claim that Wilbon is from Chicago. Both of them should know enough to ride off into the sunset. 

the worst part is watching their deterioration in real time. They were not always like this, they used to be genuinely funny & more important, insightful. They were a huge part of my late childhoold/early adult years, to see them reduced to what they have become is sad to me.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/15/2020 at 1:43 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Image result for why not both

• Like 1