Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Would be great if he could develop into that solid #5 starter.

He seemed well on his way back before shoulder and elbow problems.  It's now been 2 1/2 years since his July 2017 Tommy John surgery.  He's got more velocity now than he had pre-surgery.   His spring outings look promising.  If nothing else, he's staked an early claim to the spot over Voth or Fedde.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan T. said:

He seemed well on his way back before shoulder and elbow problems.  It's now been 2 1/2 years since his July 2017 Tommy John surgery.  He's got more velocity now than he had pre-surgery.   His spring outings look promising.  If nothing else, he's staked an early claim to the spot over Voth or Fedde.

Definitely penciled in as #5 starter as of right now.  It’s his to lose.  The man started a World Series game for us, let’s not forget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking 🤔We have our concerns with Kieboom and if he can step up this season and try & fill the huge void @ 3B... BUT ... What about the O’s & Adley Rutschman?  He hasn’t hit a LICK since being the #1 overall pick.  He’s what 22 years old?  Obviously not a lost cause YET.  I’d be worried if I were an O’s fan.  The guy still hasn’t had a single base hit yet this spring.  Just sayin 🤷‍♂️

Edited by -JB-

7 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I was thinking 🤔We have our concerns with Kieboom and if he can step up this season and try & fill the huge void @ 3B... BUT ... What about the O’s & Adley Rutschman?  He hasn’t hit a LICK since being the #1 overall pick.  He’s what 22 years old?  Obviously not a lost cause YET.  I’d be worried if I were an O’s fan.  The guy still hasn’t had a single base hit yet this spring.  Just sayin 🤷‍♂️

i wouldnt be concerned if i were them. Adley was pretty much seen as a cant miss type. i'm certain he'll acclimate and come around soon enough. they dont need him to do anything but get comfortable at the moment

26 minutes ago, -JB- said:

You’d be worried if a guy drafted 10 months ago isn’t lighting up MLB pitchers in spring training? Maybe give him a chance to go through the minors for a year first?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

You’d be worried if a guy drafted 10 months ago isn’t lighting up MLB pitchers in spring training? Maybe give him a chance to go through the minors for a year first?

Eh.  He only hit .154 at Aberdeen last season and after a full offseason hasn’t hit a lick thus far in spring training.  I’m not saying the guys career is over.  Just throwing caution to the wind 🌬 

28 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

i wouldnt be concerned if i were them. Adley was pretty much seen as a cant miss type. i'm certain he'll acclimate and come around soon enough. they dont need him to do anything but get comfortable at the moment

One cannot forget the cant miss Matt Wieters ha 

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Eh.  He only hit .154 at Aberdeen last season and after a full offseason hasn’t hit a lick thus far in spring training.  I’m not saying the guys career is over.  Just throwing caution to the wind 🌬 

One cannot forget the cant miss Matt Wieters ha 

He hit .325 at Aberdeen and .154 moving up to low A ball for 12 games. 

9 ABs in spring training. Yup, definitely a bust. 

43 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He hit .325 at Aberdeen and .154 moving up to low A ball for 12 games. 

9 ABs in spring training. Yup, definitely a bust. 

I just said I’d be worried that guy that played 3 years of college ball isn’t hitting the ground running.  Never said he’s a bust.  Just that I’d worry a little bit 🤷‍♂️

My guess is we'll be in another tight playoff race and Rizzo will trade for a fairly big name 3B at the deadline. Not sure who though. Would be interesting though since Rizzo's big FA/trade moves thus far have all been for pitchers with the exception of Jayson Werth in 2011.

If Kendrick is any good this year, the top 4-5 of our lineup will still be looking pretty nasty. Good OBPs and a lot of speed to worry about. 

Castro is an interesting wildcard and I think Thames off the bench has potential to be a real threat for opposing pitchers. 

• Like 1