Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Eaton with the clutch 2 out, 2 strike RBI single.

Ernie Johnson just read a stat that we led the NL in 2 out RBIs with 335. Don't recall hearing that the first watch, or talked about during last season. 

Bats were clutch all year, kept it going in the postseason.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Forehead said:

I saw a demo of The Show and it looked intriguing.  Are you able to play an entire game (bat as everyone) or are you restricted to just your player, which is what the demo was doing.

I’m playing the show right now, in Franchise mode, which makes you the GM and you play the entire game, bat as everyone and pitch. 

Of course, I created a player that may or may not be named after myself who is a cross between Mike Schmidt and Babe ****ing Ruth because I didn’t like the Nats options at 3rd. 

• Haha 1

A friend of mine is a long time Dodgers season ticket holder. When they left Kershaw in in the top of the 8th, he got up and left, the others around him were like "We're winning, WTF?!" His response "Kershaw will blow it." It was tied by the time he got back to the car.

• Haha 2

On 4/4/2020 at 8:47 PM, CRobi21 said:

Eaton with the clutch 2 out, 2 strike RBI single.

Ernie Johnson just read a stat that we led the NL in 2 out RBIs with 335. Don't recall hearing that the first watch, or talked about during last season. 

Bats were clutch all year, kept it going in the postseason.

Eaton was a low key stud the entire playoffs. I actually think he had a legit argument for World Series MVP.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:18 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

You guys should be playing the crack that's Out Of the Park Baseball.  I'm kinda sorry I picked up The Show.

it looks entertaining but didn't look like it had a feature where you could actually play the games.  Does it?  If so, Steam may get my money.

19 minutes ago, Forehead said:

it looks entertaining but didn't look like it had a feature where you could actually play the games.  Does it?  If so, Steam may get my money.

You don't button mash and try to time your swing, control your fielders, run the base and all that stuff, but you manage the game.  Fill out the lineups, manage your pitching staff, manage the game from a managers perspective.  The graphics aren't amazing but there's a game to watch.  You control whether your batter takes a pitch or swings away, but whether or not they make contact is up to the ratings.  Stealing bases, hit and run, run and hit, double steals.  Manage the bullpen, manage the matchups.

So you play the game but there's no button mashing.  Each game takes about 15-20 minutes.  Didn't think I'd like it more than The Show but I'm absolutely hooked.  It's more about managing your franchise, developing your minor leaguers, making trades, free agent acquisitions, drafting, etc.  

In 3 days on my sim, Trey Mancini will be back from the IL and I will do what my Orioles will not do...which is DFA Chris Davis.  I might even crack a beer.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You don't button mash and try to time your swing, control your fielders, run the base and all that stuff, but you manage the game.  Fill out the lineups, manage your pitching staff, manage the game from a managers perspective.  The graphics aren't amazing but there's a game to watch.  You control whether your batter takes a pitch or swings away, but whether or not they make contact is up to the ratings.  Stealing bases, hit and run, run and hit, double steals.  Manage the bullpen, manage the matchups.

So you play the game but there's no button mashing.  Each game takes about 15-20 minutes.  Didn't think I'd like it more than The Show but I'm absolutely hooked.  It's more about managing your franchise, developing your minor leaguers, making trades, free agent acquisitions, drafting, etc.  

In 3 days on my sim, Trey Mancini will be back from the IL and I will do what my Orioles will not do...which is DFA Chris Davis.  I might even crack a beer.  

and that takes you only 20 mins? I remember when i used to play triple play or map, games would go 1 hour if i was each batter. are you serious?

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

and that takes you only 20 mins? I remember when i used to play triple play or map, games would go 1 hour if i was each batter. are you serious?

Yeah.  I've got my lineups mostly saved for matchups vs. lefties and righties so filling out the order doesn't take that much time.  And then in game, it moves along pretty quickly.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

This guy is a bit obnoxious but he starts playing the game around 17 minutes so you can see how quickly the game can move along.

He's got it streamlined a bit faster than I do, I've got it so that I'm controlling whether or not batters are taking or swinging away.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

People dont realize that Victor Robles played in 150+ games as a rookie and had a great rookie year.  Hes been overshadowed by all time great rookie campaigns in Bryce or Soto, otherwise id argue robles had the best rookie year for a Nat.  Maybe Zimm?

• Like 2