Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Heard Joe Ross on 106.7 this AM. Sounded good. Confident. Of course, he says he's healthy. Would like to see him lock down that 5th spot and then figure out if Fedde/Voth can be a true long reliever. That's a tough gig.

Ross or Voth--Voth looked really good over his last 5-6 starts (2.17 ERA, .228 BAA 28 Ks over 29.1 IP) last year.

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Ross or Voth--Voth looked really good over his last 5-6 starts (2.17 ERA, .228 BAA 28 Ks over 29.1 IP) last year.

Who can get up cold in the 3rd inning and pitch to the 6th or 7th? I want to see that competition now. Have them just sitting and not "ready" per se. Then called to warm up and go. No idea it's coming.

• Like 1

^^ I like how he purposefully dropped the ball to the opposite infield gap. 

There was so much infield over-shifting in the games we saw last week by opposing teams and the Nats too. 

We walked up to a Nats practice field one afternoon and a bunch a players - infielders as it turned out -  were in short right field. Taking grounders!  They were practicing being in that shift position.  I suspect we'll see a whole lot of those shifts this season.

Some shifts against Nats lefties were extreme... the only infielder on the left side was steps away from second.  I hope Nats batters make them pay by going oppo like Garcia did. With shifts that radical, even dropping a hard bunt down the third base line past the pitcher could get them a double.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well, those 7 Line ***hats were scheduled to come the 4th, during our Ring Ceremony. So, at least we have that.

7 line what now? Explain 😂😂 

also, I’m working for the Nats, so this delayed start to the season really sucks. Hope i get paid 😂

• Like 1

WJFK 106.7 will be re-airing select broadcasts from last season's playoffs for baseball- and sports-starved fans, beginning with the National League Wildcard game tonight at 6:30 pm.

This is good, because with the social distancing, sheltering in place, and cancellation of all sports, I'm like:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

**** this. I want baseball.

I want baseball.

I want our WS Champs banner raised.

I want our ring ceremony.

I want a full year of us having gold trim on our unis.

I want a full year of the Astros getting trashed at every series on the road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

I want baseball.

I want our WS Champs banner raised.

I want our ring ceremony.

I want a full year of us having gold trim on our unis.

I want a full year of the Astros getting trashed at every series on the road.

I want to chant "1986" at obnoxious Mets fans.

"1995" and "One and Done!" at cry baby **** Braves fans.

"You don't matter" and "Not a rival" at garbage Phillies fans.

I want to enjoy our apoils.

• Sad 1

Started a replay of the last year’s entire season.  So far, it’s not looking good for the home 9 and they’re gonna have to can this manager to stand chance.

But if I make it to the end before this thing is over, I’m crowning their asses.  Back to back, AND STILL.....

• Like 1