Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

3 hours ago, -JB- said:

That is crazy to turn it off when we were only down 2-0 in the 5th inning!  Bonehead move of the century to miss Howie’s shot!  I honestly never doubted.  When they pulled Grienke and didn’t insert Cole I was happy & for good reason.  Such an awesome moment knowing that as soon as that ball hit Howie’s bat it was doing big damage down the line!!!!

Bonehead move of the century was not leaving Greinke in, but I'm not complaining! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, -JB- said:

That is crazy to turn it off when we were only down 2-0 in the 5th inning!  Bonehead move of the century to miss Howie’s shot!  I honestly never doubted.  When they pulled Grienke and didn’t insert Cole I was happy & for good reason.  Such an awesome moment knowing that as soon as that ball hit Howie’s bat it was doing big damage down the line!!!!

I texted a couple of my friends when Rendon homered: "That's one. Here we come." This team just refused to lose--it's like they didn't know how to. When Eaton drove in those two runs, I stood in my lucky office (where I watched all of the games we won), hands on head just repeating "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" After the 2nd out, I ran upstairs to be with my wife, got my 5 yr old out of bed...and celebrated. Not a moment I will ever forget.

I like being World Series Champions. It's better than not being World Series Champions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Watch this and smile.

"Integrity? I don't think I have to talk about integrity" - #Nats manager Davey Martinez during tonight's rally in West Palm Beach

I hope to see these in the stands for Houston's spring training opener with the Nats:

redirect-1805.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I texted a couple of my friends when Rendon homered: "That's one. Here we come." This team just refused to lose--it's like they didn't know how to. When Eaton drove in those two runs, I stood in my lucky office (where I watched all of the games we won), hands on head just repeating "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" After the 2nd out, I ran upstairs to be with my wife, got my 5 yr old out of bed...and celebrated. Not a moment I will ever forget.

I like being World Series Champions. It's better than not being World Series Champions.

I drank a lot. I have the video of the final Hudson K on my phone and it'll never be deleted.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, superozman said:

Ernie El's took an L with his post.  He does not speak for Phillie's fans and he has been voted out of fandom of the team upon reading this tweet.  

It's super ridiculous. It's right up there with the Braves fans saying winning the division is actually harder, and their "Best Record since May 24th" shirt:

Image result for washington does not have the best record shirt 

13 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Keith Law dropped his top 100 prospect list on The Athletic. Kieboom was the only National on the list, at #74

He's always had a pretty good read on our system. I'm interested to see his in-depth farm system report when he writes it up.

Most other publications list Kieboom in the top 25-30, so it's interesting to see the significant difference. He's way down on Luis Garcia (and I am fine trading him.) The one thing I really like about Law is that he does annual "Prospects I was Wrong About" lists. A good bit of humility from an industry that eschews it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Most other publications list Kieboom in the top 25-30, so it's interesting to see the significant difference. He's way down on Luis Garcia (and I am fine trading him.) The one thing I really like about Law is that he does annual "Prospects I was Wrong About" lists. A good bit of humility from an industry that eschews it.

Even though he was #74, he was fairly positive about Kieboom overall. No major concerns, but no real elite traits either. Expects him to be a good hitter in time with average level defense at 3rd or 2nd.

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Even though he was #74, he was fairly positive about Kieboom overall. No major concerns, but no real elite traits either. Expects him to be a good hitter in time with average level defense at 3rd or 2nd.

One of the knocks on him is that he is a good hitter, mediocre-at-best fielder, with limited power. Rendon wasn't supposed to have much power either, so we'll see. Let Kevin Long work with him.

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's super ridiculous. It's right up there with the Braves fans saying winning the division is actually harder, and their "Best Record since May 24th" shirt:

Ha, I know.  Stereotypes galore!  One stereotype though, the NL East will be a great division this year again.

Can you post the article in here, or is that against rules since it is a subscription article?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, superozman said:

Ha, I know.  Stereotypes galore!  One stereotype though, the NL East will be a great division this year again.

Can you post the article in here, or is that against rules since it is a subscription article?

It's probably against the rules. The Phillies though had Spencer Howard and Alec Brom both in the top 50.

8 minutes ago, superozman said:

You can the link and an excerpt of an article (like a paragraph or so).

Edit: hmm, I suppose it's possible that a different rule applies for a total paywall content.  Better wait for a mod clarification.

Good luck to you guys (except when you play us of course) and hope it's another fun season for all 🍻

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

One of the knocks on him is that he is a good hitter, mediocre-at-best fielder, with limited power. Rendon wasn't supposed to have much power either, so we'll see. Let Kevin Long work with him.

So far he’s looked like a prospect you don’t want to fast track ... this spring will tell us a lot I think (noticed he got his first error the other day). Having him worrying about his defense while also trying not to look like a fool against big league breaking balls is really not ideal. 

I hope he earns the job in a big way in the next month, but I’m willing to bet Rizzo has something else up his sleeve in the event it doesn’t work out. 

• Like 2