Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

20 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Yeah that is one of the strangest things I've ever seen in my life. It looks like a clear band-aid but he was clearly using it or doing something with it, intentionally. Do players use a band-aid reversed for the tackiness to get a better grip?

I doubt it. It doesn't get any better than good ol' pine tar or talc powder. Add that today's batting gloves are some sticky mo'fos 

32 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Yeah that is one of the strangest things I've ever seen in my life. It looks like a clear band-aid but he was clearly using it or doing something with it, intentionally. Do players use a band-aid reversed for the tackiness to get a better grip?

if I saw the clip right the tape (or band aid) was stuck in the concave dent at the end of the bat.  There was a tiny silver disk stuck to the tape. 

Again, weird. I’d like to see an explanation - or at least a rational theory - of what the was all about. 

5 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Again, weird. I’d like to see an explanation - or at least a rational theory - of what the was all about. 

The maker of the video is purporting that this is "buzzer" tech. Dovetailing to the Altuve "don't take off my jersey" buzzer hiding theory. 

Defenders, propagandists and apologists for the Astros are saying it's an MLB authentication hologram sticky. 

But those stickys seem to be smaller in length than what is shown in the video, imo.

cut.png.ba953397f0e32e72b1a5626655afa31a.pngmlbf_32835867_th_45.thumb.jpg.5e388e32e2a47987ef1cac5f8d8b9494.jpg

The sticky above does not have a transparent clear surround and the circular reflective hologram is at the righthand side edge, not center. 

The video shows something longer in length I'd say, it also looks like both ends are transparent clear with the reflective part in the dead center.

1.thumb.png.05f0abf8dc8f85ff7d5760ddcf030ed2.png2.thumb.png.54d22d2d0f86ee56e931c6bc76dea90c.png

There doesn't seem to be an explanation currently why Chirinos would have an authentication sticky on a bat he's using in game. For a bat being retired and saved for auction or otherwise, sticky makes sense.

Edited by Monk4thaHALL

The Chirinos reflective tape video came from Game 4 of the WS, in which Houston had 13 hits and won the game 8 to 1.

The video above shows Corbin pitching to Chirinos in the top of the 1st. After the reflective material is jettisoned from the bat Chirinos grounds into an IEDP.

Later that same game Chirinos hit a HR off Corbin in the 4th inning, also had a double that game, went 2 for 5 with two RBI and a run. Statistically he had a good offensive game compared to his career averages.

Edited by Monk4thaHALL

26 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

The Chirinos reflective tape video came from Game 4 of the WS, in which Houston had 13 hits and won the game 8 to 1.

The video above shows Corbin pitching to Chirinos in the top of the 1st. After the reflective material is jettisoned from the bat Chirinos grounds in an IEDP.

Later that same game Chirinos hit a HR off Corbin in the 4th, also had a double that game, went 2 for 5 with two RBI and a run. Statistically he had a good offensive game compared to his career averages. 

To me, it's pretty obvious the tape incriminating. There's no way a batter picks up whatever flew from his hand & jams it in his pocket. That's bat boy/ball boy stuff to do. HOU had some sophisticated cheating going on for the past 3 years. **** them. 

Oh, and besides being a HS catcher, I did have the complete honor to be a ballboy - only for a few times - for the Senators in the late 70s...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:
Mike talked about his Dad a lot. So glad he got to see a World Series. Sad to hear of his loss.

Father and son achieve ultimate career goal a few months before father passes away...

See the source image

Damn near Shakespearean. RIP Mr. Rizzo.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 2

Caleb Welsh

@calebwelsh07

AJ Hinch: “By besting us in the World Series this year, with 4 wins in our ballpark, I can confidently say that the Washington Nationals saved the sport of baseball.”

Quote Tweet

@MLBNetwork

For the first time, A.J. Hinch talks about the Astros investigation. See Tom Verducci’s full sitdown with the former manager, Friday at 6pm ET on MLB Tonight.

674.5K views

8:06 AM · Feb 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

• Like 4

The Barry Svrluga article about the Astros cheating scandal is a great read. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/mlb/astros-cheating-open-secret/2020/02/11/1830154c-4c41-11ea-9b5c-eac5b16dafaa_story.html

It talks about how it was an open secret around the league before it actually broke into public view and that many teams complained to MLB's front office about it. 

Also talks about how, when the Nats punched their ticket to the World Series, as one Nat put it: “It was amazing, once [it was assured] we were playing the Astros, how many people were coming out of the woodwork to let us know what they were doing.”  Then it explains in detail what the Nats did to guard against the cheating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1