Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

On 5/23/2019 at 9:45 AM, Springfield said:

This team is just really really bad and I think it was a huge mistake to let Harper walk.  Total waste of having guys like Scherzer here.  How does Rizzo get of keeping this **** coach and never supplying the team with middle relief?

Every time I turn on the TV it seems like they are blowing leads.

From May 23.  I had this gem of a take...

Really ****ing awesome to see these guys make it to the WS.  The way they turned it around and have been playing just impeccable baseball.  I don’t want it to end.

• Like 5

dumb question that probably has already been asked, but you guys are swell, so whatever...

tickets - im assuming everything sold by the Nationals are spoken for, correct? im not seeing any option to purchase through them. just want to make sure before i give the evil empire (stubhub) hundreds of dollars in fees alone

Edited by mammajamma

On 5/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, skinsfan_1215 said:

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

(it was a mistake not trading him last year) 

^in response to Springfield about resigning Harper

On 5/23/2019 at 1:33 PM, skinsfan_1215 said:

This is shaping up to be a “straw that broke the camel’s back” game.

Assuming Nats lose this game with 0 for 9+ with RISP, getting swept in 4 games by the pathetic Mets, I would not be shocked if this is the end of the line for Davey. 

Glad we didn't.

On 5/24/2019 at 8:47 AM, skinsfan_1215 said:

All he needed was the Nats to take a nose dive and he suddenly turns it around just to rub it in our faces and kick us while we're down.

Btw- lotta chatter amongst Yankee fans about Scherzer and Rendon. Yankee fan chatter is of course meaningless but they've got some interesting pieces the fans floated as a possible return for those guys (Clint Frazier, Miguel Andujar, and their top rotation prospect Jonathan Loaisiga). 

Giolito turning into an ace.. also **** the Yankees, Scherzer and Rendon are ours. 

On 5/28/2019 at 10:57 PM, skinsfan_1215 said:

Watching Barraclough and his complete inability to pitch a clean inning, you can’t help but wonder where we’d be if we had a single reliable bullpen pitcher outside of Doolittle. Nats kinda rolled the dice on him and Rosenthal and didn’t hit on either. 

If Rosenthal was a halfway reliable 8th inning guy, Nats would have at least 10 more wins, right? Even with all the errors. 

The potential was always there, even early. 

On 6/3/2019 at 3:11 PM, skinsfan_1215 said:

The readiness timing is a concern with Kimbrel given how far back the Nats are. That said, now that we’ve got our regulars mostly back and contributing we’ve been starting to win games. 

Nats would be over .500 and pretty close to the Phillies if we had one more competent reliever all year. One more guy to bridge them from the rotation to Doolittle would be worth at least 8 more wins on the year vs our current record. 

Needed bullpen help bad. Glad Kimbrel wasn't the guy. And again, the team had potential from day 1. The disastrous bullpen combined with early injuries to Rendon, Soto, AND Turner just killed us. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

dumb question that probably has already been asked, but you guys are swell, so whatever...

tickets - im assuming everything sold by the Nationals are spoken for, correct? im not seeing any option to purchase through them. just want to make sure before i give the evil empire (stubhub) hundreds of dollars in fees alone

there are so many better sites than stub hub.  I'm surprised people use that website still.  Use TickPick!

There is no more presale for public.  You have to buy 2020 Nats Plus if you want tickets.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

there are so many better sites than stub hub.  I'm surprised people use that website still.  Use TickPick!

There is no more presale for public.  You have to buy 2020 Nats Plus if you want tickets.  

All of those sites are the same.  The ones that say they don't have "fees" have the fees they just are in the full ticket price.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

All of those sites are the same.  The ones that say they don't have "fees" have the fees they just are in the full ticket price.  

Ya just looked at "TickPick" and the same seats as stubhub are $400 more on tickpick. guessing thats the fees

Some kind of new regulation really needs to happen with these resale sites

On 5/25/2019 at 5:11 PM, Bacon said:

Part of me wants this team to temporarily fall into Cleveland Spiders territory so we can make some long-term progress, but I also enjoy seeing them win. It's conflicting. 

Well then. Guess the team answered that quandary for me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Metalhead said:

I'll have to dig up my post on Davey's record from around that week too. IIRC, I broke down the slumps and small winning streaks and it wasn't positive, lol.

lol, we prob all have posts from earlier this summer that need to be burned at the altar.  

14 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I ate a piece of ****ing cheesecake this morning for breakfast because I can!  That’s what kind of **** happens when you win the pennant.

Lol, atta baby!  Stayed at the Intercontinental at the Wharf and had raw oysters and soft crabs for breakfast.  

Also, American Idol auditions.  Pffft. Be quiet?  **** that, don’t care about your yodeling.  Just won the pennant ****es.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Thanks 1