Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

welp.  where the idiots saying the season was over?  3 out of 4.  

People actually said that, or that the offense looked average again?  This is all well and good until we play someone in October who can pitch and hit, can we?  Will enjoy season in the meantime.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

People actually said that, or that the offense looked average again?  This is all well and good until we play someone in October who can pitch and hit, can we?  Will enjoy season in the meantime.

This is a completely different type of team than year's past.  We no longer rely on the 3 run homer.  It will take time for this offense to find its style.  This team can win in the postseason, our other styles in the past couldn't.  We have alot of slap hitters this year and it reminds me of those cards teams that would always kill us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

This is a completely different type of team than year's past.  We no longer rely on the 3 run homer.  It will take time for this offense to find its style.  This team can win in the postseason, our other styles in the past couldn't.  We have alot of slap hitters this year and it reminds me of those cards teams that would always kill us. 

This is a continuation of years past.  If they prove they can play small ball, I'm all for it.  Boston can hit home runs, though.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is a continuation of years past.  If they prove they can play small ball, I'm all for it.  Boston can hit home runs, though.

Boston can hardly win a baseball game right now. 

One game at a time. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So he goes to Philly and is suddenly a die hard Philly fan. Here in DC all he did was wear the opponent's colors.

Dude is just trying way too hard.

The "How I longed to" stuff just completely made me wash my hands of him.

Not because it's Philly, but because it was readily apparent this dude is just a used car salesman. Gave me RG flashbacks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Your post seems contradictory.  I hope you get my point.

My point is to be patient with this team, as I'm sure Red Sox fans are being with theirs. Small sample sizes and all that.

I got frustrated at 1-3 like anyone else, but there's too much talent on this team for it to be a non-factor. Hopefully it will have developed a strong, positive identity by the time Trea comes back.

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

One thing I did like was Davey openly saying that, even though we won against the Phillies, he didn't like how we were playing. Yesterday's game was fairly clean (despite 2 errors). It really was just Strasburg not getting over. He made up for it. The Rendon error was a bad hop, tough call.

Clutch hitting though was there, no TOOTBLANS, bullpen was lock down.

• Like 2

the nats tryna make a big deal about the new food there like "everyone loves the food at nats park" and "come try our new oyster po boy" but what they DON'T tell you is that it costs 16 dollars

I had a brisket sandwich at the park the other day for 16 dollars

Then I went back for Harper's return to DC and I brought in a sandwich. I paid 16 dollars at my local wegmans and got a bag of cough drops, 2 pizza slices, and a medium sandwich. Then I brought the sandwich into the stadium. You get more for your money when you bring food in, which is permissible in most ballparks :laugh:

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

the nats tryna make a big deal about the new food there like "everyone loves the food at nats park" and "come try our new oyster po boy" but what they DON'T tell you is that it costs 16 dollars

I had a brisket sandwich at the park the other day for 16 dollars

Then I went back for Harper's return to DC and I brought in a sandwich. I paid 16 dollars at my local wegmans and got a bag of cough drops, 2 pizza slices, and a medium sandwich. Then I brought the sandwich into the stadium. You get more for your money when you bring food in, which is permissible in most ballparks :laugh:

I love the food options at the park but I also go in knowing I’m about to drop $100 bill on it.  I’m sure I could pull it off for less but, meh.   

A dozen raw oysters (not sure I’ll be doing that in non R months) were pretty pricey, apps (empanadas and roasted corn) at the restaurant not crazy bad, $8-10 at the Brew House restaurant and a great view of the field.  

If you’re going to go hot dog, pass on the foot long and go split and grilled or add a buck and go tricked out Italian sausage.

Figure it’s a given that eating at the ballpark isn’t exactly a cost effective method of sustenance.  The best option is always going to be eat before you come, push away from the ol feedbag for 3 hrs and watch the game.  Invest in a bottomless cup and pack that in your bag ;).

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1

Corbin vs Matz tomorrow.. I think our lineup is better suited to handle Matz than New York's is to handle Corbin. Hopefully Corbin can put together a quality start.. would set us up for Scherzer vs Wheeler for the series sweep. That would be quite the thing after how we started the year.