Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Does anyone remember when that games ended?  Seemed like it was 2am.  I was up due to excitement then passed out from the long day lol.

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

What a shame that had to happen on the road where you could hear a pin drop as the ball left the stadium.

How nice would that have been for Kendrick's to do with 40 thousand fans deafening the place.

I told my wife that despite not being a nationals fan I'm super happy they won because Redskins fans definitely need something to feel good about. 

I'll unquestionably be pulling for this Cinderella team the rest of the way and I'll bet most of America will be too.

I actually love silencing 50K+ fans multiple times.  Payback for 2016 heartbreak.  I hate the Dodgers. I love breaking their WS streak and crushing their hype this year.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Any word on Suzuki's injury and status?

FP Santangelo on the Junkies just said he was celebrating with them all afterwards at the hotel.  He didn't say anything about the injury, but the fact that he was up and about like that is a good sign.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

FP Santangelo on the Junkies just said he was celebrating with them all afterwards at the hotel.  He didn't say anything about the injury, but the fact that he was up and about like that is a good sign.

The injury to worry about is the wrist. The ball only glanced off his face/helmet. I'd imagine they'll have an xray done to confirm no broken bones... then it's just a matter of pain with the bruise. 

In their first season since star slugger Bryce Harper left as a free agent, the Nationals became the first team in major league history to rally from three or more runs down twice in elimination games during the same postseason.

''It's not just one player, it's a team,'' left fielder Juan Soto said.

• Like 4

I feel bad for Kershaw.  He's been so amazing for so long, and he seems like a decent guy.  To have that much abject failure in the post-season is just super weird.  

That said, I'm thrilled he failed for at least one more game last night...

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bryce was just too emotional in these moments. I feel like he would've K'd every damn time

He's high strung.  But I think the main thing is that the locker room is more collegial and loose without him.  Not as many bull**** hierarchies and conflicts.  Rendon has such a different temperament, and the personality of your leaders sets the tone for everyone.

I still wish we had one more big bat though.  I would have so much more confidence in our offense if it didn't become such an adventure after Soto hits.

• Thanks 2

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I still wish we had one more big bat though.  I would have so much more confidence in our offense if it didn't become such an adventure after Soto hits.

Zimmerman gave the big blow in Game 4
Howie in Game 5.

Everyone chipped in Game 3.

We do.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I feel bad for Kershaw.  He's been so amazing for so long, and he seems like a decent guy.  To have that much abject failure in the post-season is just super weird.  

I'd gladly take him on the Nats if the Dodger fans want to discard him so easily

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

He's a class act and arguably the second greatest player of his generation behind Trout, no matter what the hot takers will say.  Judging a baseball career on the small sample size theater of the postseason is crazy.  Even a generational pitcher like him can only really effect a series twice.

That's a really ****ty way to end his Dodgers career.  I hope he doesn't opt out of his deal and leave.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

In their first season since star slugger Bryce Harper left as a free agent, the Nationals became the first team in major league history to rally from three or more runs down twice in elimination games during the same postseason.

''It's not just one player, it's a team,'' left fielder Juan Soto said.

They better back the ****ing truck up for Soto.  I get not paying for Harper and I think as time goes on it'll be shown that letting him walk was the right move.

Soto is better and it's not really close.  He's produced more in his age 19 and 20 seasons than Harper had.  

9 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I feel bad for him a little bit, too.  He's a very good dude, he is the defining pitcher of his generation and he just can't get it done in the postseason.  I hate seeing all time greats not get a ring but I think that's an increasing possibility for Kershaw.  

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Zimmerman gave the big blow in Game 4
Howie in Game 5.

Everyone chipped in Game 3.

We do.

Howie was great during the season but neither he nor Zimmerman are everyday players any more.  And as good as he was during the regular season, Howie's ABs before that incredible slam had been trash.  We've gotten third bat by committee, but it'd be nice if we just had a big everyday first base or second corner outfield bat and do fourth bat by committee.

• Like 1

LA loves Kershaw, he is great for the community.  It is easy to 2nd guess Roberts and say, "after he struck out Eaton, go with Urias".  Its just sports things.  See Ovechkin and Capitals until they won.  In fact, the pre-Cup winning Caps are a great analogy for these Dodgers.  

Their bats went to sleep after the 3 run lead.  

It seems dumb to fire Roberts after this run.  Wait a week and then the emotions will die down.  

Bellinger is a great young player, but that series was a demonstration to me that Rendon should win the MVP.  He's in his absolute prime and his composure is palpable.  Bellinger is a bigger talent but he's not even the leader of his team.  He's still a year or two away from being that championship caliber cornerstone player and leader.

21 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

It’s the thing I hate about our dunking culture, the national narrative is Kershaw & how the Dodgers screwed up vs a “stay in the fight” Nationals team who found a way to win. 

It's the Dodgers.  They have a gigantic fanbase and a huge payroll and they won 106 games.  They're going to get all of the attention unless they're playing someone like the Yankees or Redsox.  I don't mind it.  All that **** has got to be part of why they played so tight.  Millions of people getting let down by every bad pitch or swing.  It would get to anyone and baseball is a very emotional game.

We're playing with house money on the other hand, and I love it.

• Like 3