Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

To be honest, however far we advance from here is just icing on the cake for me. Getting by the ****ing NLDS hurdle was huge for this franchise. 

I feel the same way. Very relaxed at this point, just looking to enjoy some Nats baseball while I still can. 

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

A seven game series is pretty much impossible with no bullpen. 

That's why we've got to win it in four, right? :)

No, seriously, I get you. Anything is possible, but we don't have the pitching depth to drag this out very long. The fact that we eliminated one of the deepest teams in recent memory points to an astonishing effort from our starting rotation, which is truly elite, in case anyone still doubted. 

• Like 1

so, family is most important obviously.. and congrats to the Hudsons! But does that mean he's not playing? Because that very much changes our gameplan

Just now, -JB- said:

Looks like Robles still banged up.  Who knows how long he’ll be out at this point.

I guess its a good sign that he's on the roster though.. my guess is he's able to play, but they dont want to push him if they dont need to since MAT is playing so well

Edited by mammajamma

5 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

so, family is most important obviously.. and congrats to the Hudsons! But does that mean he's not playing? Because that very much changes our gameplan

I guess its a good sign that he's on the roster though.. my guess is he's able to play, but they dont want to push him if they dont need to since MAT is playing so well

Yea, he’s out at least game one.  You can miss max 3 days on paternity leave.  I would think he’s back game 2.  But yea if the bats can catch fire in the blistering cold then we won’t need his services.  Supposed to be low 40’s tonight  🥶 

• Thanks 1