Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is why Dems shouldn't have put fence/barrier funding in the bill. Trump isn't acting or negotiating in good faith so why give up anything? Give this doofus the rope and let him hang himself. 

Job 1 was to keep the g'ment open and not cause needless suffering to 800,000 workers.  This also has the benefit of making Dems look reasonable.  Putting in zero would have opened them up to (somewhat justified) bothsidesism.  

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

I think that overestimates a lot of people's ability to stay outraged about something Trump does.   If this were right before an election it would be one thing.  Also just because Trump's orders are defeated or held up in court doesn't mean they don't go forward in some manner anyway.  He's been ignoring the courts or going around them for a while, and often when he is defeated, he keeps changing the order so that it can eventually pass through with a thin suspension of disbelief.

Maybe.  But if he doesn't declare one, there is no reason to be enraged about it.  If he does, it will be something that every candidate can hammer throughout that campaign.  There will be a dozen people mentioning it in their daily stump speeches (and probably an active competition to see who can say it in the most devastating fashion).  

Also, if he does declare one and somehow manages to build some actual wall, "tear that **** down" (or similar) will be an applause line for every Democrat.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is why Dems shouldn't have put fence/barrier funding in the bill. Trump isn't acting or negotiating in good faith so why give up anything? Give this doofus the rope and let him hang himself. 

Oh i think this will be the last time they negotiate with him on just about anything 

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Also, if he does declare one and somehow manages to build some actual wall, "tear that **** down" (or similar) will be an applause line for every Democrat.  

I just hope if this happens dems will finally have the balls to do what needs to be done next time they have the white house 

• Thanks 1

seems like the National emergency is for show. His people have had to tell him it won’t work.?

even if the senate doesn’t block it with a vote, zero chance it holds up in 9th circuit,

maybe that is his plan though, to keep trumpers on board saying he has to take all of his failed fights to the Supreme Court...

depending how long Ginsberg makes it, he might prevail and that’s the end of checks and balances.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Probably, but they won’t tear it down. Dems have voted for walls in the past. They just didn’t want to vote to give trump money for the wall because of how he framed the argument from his opening campaign calling the illegal immigrants a bunch of rapists and killers. He put dems in a corner where they had no choice but to object to a wall he wanted built.

Almost any other republican president could have easily gotten the money for the wall, but Trump messed this negotiation up from the start.

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

seems like the National emergency is for show. His people have had to tell him it won’t work.?

even if the senate doesn’t block it with a vote, zero chance it holds up in 9th circuit,

maybe that is his plan though, to keep trumps the on board saying he has to take all of his failed fights to the Supreme Court...

depending how long Ginsberg makes it, he might prevail and that’s the end of checks and balances.

That is definitely his plan.  His plan is to make it look like he's fighting.  To act like he's trying to get it done.  But really, he knows (or should know) that it's not something that is actually going to happen.  He is, after all, a con man. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Is it too late for the House to add a clause declaring that the President may not play golf during a state of emergency?  :) 

Supreme leader divinely planned for that eventuality.  You remember the indoor virtual golf game he had installed in the White House just days before declaring national emergency right? Trump outsmarted the democrats on that one. #maga

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Job 1 was to keep the g'ment open and not cause needless suffering to 800,000 workers.  This also has the benefit of making Dems look reasonable.  Putting in zero would have opened them up to (somewhat justified) bothsidesism.  

They should have kept to their line about separating the wall/immigration from the funding bill. That was a winning argument and they had Trump on his heels. Dems might look reasonable to Dems but it's something Trump can sell as a win to his idiot cult followers. They shouldn't have given them that. Why the increase in DHS spending? Why did they remove the cap on beds? Why give him any money at all if he is just going to declare any emergency anyway. 

This was a mistake. Make that asshole shut the government down again just for his stupid wall and let him own it again. I don't see the point of this. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

Is it too late for the House to add a clause declaring that the President may not play golf during a state of emergency?  :) 

Would you rather he was playing golf or sat in the Oval Office finding **** to mess up and/or make worse?

• Haha 1

For Crying out loud Trump already has his lemmings chanting "Finish That Wall" as if Trump has been constructing a wall this entire time.  This is how sad and easily duped these folks are.

At this rate Trump can declare the wall built in a week or so, and his supporters will believe it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I swear i would let him do it and start 2020 with institutional racism day. Im talking prison reform, criminal justice reform, educational reform and free tuition and just **** everything up. Stop me lol.

Ah to dream. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Trump stole MAGA from Reagan, right?

Maybe Dems can steal a slogan from him.

thumb_tear-down-this-wall-une-12-1987-muh-treason-reeeeeeeee-34767273.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I swear i would let him do it and start 2020 with institutional racism day. Im talking prison reform, criminal justice reform, educational reform and free tuition and just **** everything up. Stop me lol.

Ah to dream. 

I don't get all the people excited about dems using emergency declarations in some possible future in which they win the presidency again as if Trump is going to stop here if he succeeds on this.

• Like 1