Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

i'm under the weather in more than one way so this is a drive-by....but i'd never seen "bricky" before (and don't watch daily show though i see clips here and there and noah & co seems fine) , but thought this was worth the effort...the good stuff for me starts about 3 mins in, but the build up is fine too

i like bricky...i like his (snl claymation star)  mr.bill-like noises

• Haha 2

"It's a national emergency! I didn't really have to do anything! It's a national emergency! Yeah, the numbers are at a ten year low and my own party doesn't think there's any problem and the wall is a waste of time and money, but it's a national emergency. Any more questions? Good. I'm going to go golfing now. Sure, I have time. it's only a national emergency. It's not like I have to monitor the situation or anything."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Emergencies_Act#Emergency_powers

Congress has delegated at least 136 distinct statutory emergency powers to the President upon the declaration of an emergency. Only 13 require a declaration from Congress; the remaining 123 are invoked by an executive declaration with no Congressional input.[18]

Emergency presidential powers are dramatic, and range from suspending all laws regulating chemical and biological weapons, including the ban on human testing (50 U.S.C. § 1515, passed 1969); to suspending any Clean Air Act implementation plan or excess emissions penalty upon petition of a state governor (42 U.S.C. (f) § 7410 (f), passed 1977); to authorizing and constructing military construction projects (10 U.S.C. (a) § 2808 (a), passed 1982) using any existing defense appropriations for such military constructions ($10.4 billion in FY2018[19]); to drafting any retired Coast Guard officers (14 U.S.C. § 331, passed 1963) or enlisted members (14 U.S.C. § 359, passed 1949) into active duty.

😮

Edited by visionary

12 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How do I reconcile the graphic above with the GOP claims that Obama ignored border security and that Dems just want illegals pouring in?

The same way you reconcile reality and the rest of their claims?

• Like 1