Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

On 2/13/2019 at 9:10 AM, mistertim said:

To be fair to @CousinsCowgirl84I don't think she's what I'd consider a "Trumpkin". She's voiced a decent amount of criticism towards him. I think in this case she just made an incorrect assumption about the allocation of funds and when given more info she realized that and thanked the person who provided it.

We all know a true Trumpkin would NEVER do that.

Yeah, I did not mean to imply that I was referring to her. I was only referring to trumpkins.

21 hours ago, nonniey said:

Ok having Serius I get to listen to the Patriot and Progressive stations. Both had programs and call-ins complaining congress selling out in this deal.  Patriot obviously claiming McConnell/the Senate betraying Trump and Progressive claiming Schumer and company gave into blackmail. 😵

Sounds like an accurate gauge of our modern political landscape.

This is one of the reasons I felt AOC and other progressives should vote for the bill -- a veto override could be explained to voters.

I already saw right- wing folks talking about "amnesty provisions" being snuck into the bill.

Needs to pass 80+ in the Senate....

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

The Machiavellian political operative in me, which is just me generally, wants Trump to sign the bill and declare a national emergency.

Sign the bill because that reopens g'ment and ends the needless worry of hundreds of thousands of Americans.  

But also PLEASE declare a national emergency, because (1) it will very likely get dunked on by the courts and have no actual impact, (2) even if it goes through, there isn't enough time to actually build any substantive amount of wall, which the next POTUS can just take down anyways, and (3) Trump governing via national emergency would seriously fire up voters that don't like Trump or the concept of the wall, which is most of them.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The Machiavellian political operative in me, which is just me generally, wants Trump to sign the bill and declare a national emergency.

Sign the bill because that reopens g'ment and ends the needless worry of hundreds of thousands of Americans.  

But also PLEASE declare a national emergency, because (1) it will very likely get dunked on by the courts and have no actual impact, (2) even if it goes through, there isn't enough time to actually build any substantive amount of wall, which the next POTUS can just take down anyways, and (3) Trump governing via national emergency would seriously fire up voters that don't like Trump or the concept of the wall, which is most of them.  

This is why Dems shouldn't have put fence/barrier funding in the bill. Trump isn't acting or negotiating in good faith so why give up anything? Give this doofus the rope and let him hang himself. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think that overestimates a lot of people's ability to stay outraged about something Trump does.   If this were right before an election it would be one thing.  Also just because Trump's orders are defeated or held up in court doesn't mean they don't go forward in some manner anyway.  He's been ignoring the courts or going around them for a while, and often when he is defeated, he keeps changing the order so that it can eventually pass through with a thin suspension of disbelief.  Trump tends to get his way on this things one way or another.  ☹️

Edited by visionary