Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Burgold his national emergency will get destroyed in court, so in ready to say he'll get away doing that over and over again.  I believe that also have to be renewed annually by Congress. 

He's showing he will press any button for any loophole he can find, but that doesn't mean he'll actually reach dictator status without some help.  If Trump does Martial Law and Turtle says its good for the GOP in ballot box, then we can talk dictatorship, stuff like that.  And yes, i do believe he will try that.

Could it be Trump is just looking for an "out" with this situation where he doesn't look like a **** to his base and declaring it a national emergency and having the court strike it down allows him to say "I did all I could, blame the Dems and the so-called judges for no wall funding" and then re-open the Government.

It's pretty clear Trump and his administration didn't know who all was impacted by this shutdown (Coast Guard, TSA, FDA, IRS, etc) and if they did wouldn't have taken it here.  At least that's how I see it.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, drowland said:

Could it be Trump is just looking for an "out" with this situation where he doesn't look like a **** to his base and declaring it a national emergency and having the court strike it down allows him to say "I did all I could, blame the Dems and the so-called judges for no wall funding" and then re-open the Government.

It's pretty clear Trump and his administration didn't know who all was impacted by this shutdown (Coast Guard, TSA, FDA, IRS, etc) and if they did wouldn't have taken it here.  At least that's how I see it.  

That's my hope so we can get this over with.  There's no doubt in my mind he didn't think it would take this long.

"Bye-Bye." Dude is a toddler who loves the smell of his own diaper.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I sorta kinda hope Trump declares a national emergency about a made-up crisis to get $5 billion for a small section of border wall outside of normal Congressional appropriations.

Then the next Dem President can declare a national emergency about climate change and get $100 billion without Republican support.  

I would call the bill the Future Urgent Climate Ultimatum Act, or FUC U for short. 

That would be fun, what already appropriated funding would they use? :ols:

13 minutes ago, drowland said:

Giving Trump any benefit of the doubt is almost always a mistake.

• Like 1

DoD funds dummy...... If its infringing our National security might as well use thier funds as a piggy bank since republicans are ok with this **** and no one is punishing them..... **** is gonna get real if I was a Democrat president.... Since people will still vote this moron as president again.... All bets are off..... **** decency and norms since republicans dont give 2 ****s about those things.... Done trying to be nice guys and step on mother****ers throats when you get the upper hand like the GOP constantly do. 

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Giving Trump any benefit of the doubt is almost always a mistake.

Not sure I'm giving him any benefit.  This whole thing is dumb and he created it.  I think he didn't know what this shutdown for this long entailed, or he ignored what people were telling him it entailed.  That's not hard to believe.  But I also believe Graham, McConnell, whoever in Senate GOP are telling him behind closed doors that he needs to end it and he's looking for a exit strategy where he doesn't look like he's just caving to Pelosi.  Court strikes it down, he opens the Government and spins it like he was the bigger person and got 800K Americans their paychecks back like he's Trumpy Claus.    

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Fox News got mad last time he got to close, like when he was on the campaign trail.  Strike two, maybe, hopefully?

It should be strike three since he didn't disclose he was a client of Cohen back when he was defending him on air.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Somebody reminded him of who he really works for again. He's ****ting himself. Knows it'll go bad. Has been compromised even worse (to him) 

I think he also doesn't want to vote for it. He's spoken out against the wall in the past. It gets him off the hook and lets him blame a scapegoat at the same time.

So at point does actually call the national emergency?  Think we go past the 21 day record over the weekend, right?  So once 1/18 passes?  I know judiciary branch hq runs out of money then and will close EOB on 1/18, is there a list of what else is going to start shutting down when?

8 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

It's a crisis!  An emergency, I tell you!  The federal government can't spend money on things that the House won;t vote for!  Obviously, we must invoke emergency powers to bypass this never-before-existed problem!  

Grahams being dumb... the obvious compromise is the numbers I floated last night ($2.5B to $4.0B) with no wall for borser security measures. Dems and Repubs decide how to allocate their priorities over the $1.3B level

Trumps not doing Comprehensive Immigration Reform -- again that was obvious and when he pulled out of the deal last year, welp no one is going to trust your word.

Congress is going to have to do it themselves WITHOUT TRUMP.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Congress is going to have to do it themselves WITHOUT TRUMP.

That will tear the party apart.  

Someone, anyone, has to figure out a way to come to a compromise (which will not involve wall funding) in a way that Trump can claim is a win or, at least, not a loss.  And also doesn't involve most Republican congresspeople going against Trump.  I have no idea what that solution is right now.

If Trump declares a national emergency of his own making, two things must happen.

1. Some one or group of someones file a Federal lawsuit.

2. The House immediately hold impeachment hearings leading to his impeachment.

Enough of his BS trying to turn our country into a dictatorship. It must be dealt with swiftly.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

1. Some one or group of someone file a Federal lawsuit.

There are already 4 filed.  Ironically, one is by the a group of Border Patrol officers, who Trump claims to be doing all of this on behalf of. 

Border Protection officers sue Trump administration over pay missed during shutdown

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/09/border-protection-officers-union-sues-trump-administration-over-shutdown-after-missed-paycheck/?utm_term=.17b0c0d5b621

Edit:  Here is the actual lawsuit:

https://www.scribd.com/document/397051090/NTEU-Lawsuit-2019-Shutdown

image.png.8aae099ed1d3d239ef80ab31c26dae6e.png

image.png.af2400d92438cd746d33fde5e8211432.png

image.png.2a79b01ca1a8049489b00139ea6ebd5c.png

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1