Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BitCoin falling like a Dotcom

joeken24

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 2:59 PM, abdcskins said:

I'm buying if it hits $15,000.  Other than that I'm staying away.

“Fortune favors the brave”, man! Don’t miss out!!

For almost a decade Bitcoin was less than $1000. What’s changed since then to make it 15 times more valuable?

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

He should have gotten out when he could.  But it does appear he might have some Federal crime issues to worry about. 

Crazy times.  He was smart enough to amass a fake paper wealth, but not smart enough to know when to get out of it... I am sure he is still  few $Million richer than I...

12 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

How do you ever sleep again after doing something this unimaginably stupid?  This man beat the dealer of life itself, but couldn’t force himself to take his chips to the bar and buy every pretty lady a drink. Nope, he instead remained at the table and shouted “hit me”, repeatedly, at the universe until he went bust.  

I don’t know exactly what sort of demons 16 billion lost dollars leaves behind, but I’m betting they’re loud.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

How do you ever sleep again after doing something this unimaginably stupid?  This man beat the dealer of life itself, but couldn’t force himself to take his chips to the bar and buy every pretty lady a drink. Nope, he instead remained at the table and shouted “hit me”, repeatedly, at the universe until he went bust.  

I don’t know exactly what sort of demons 16 billion lost dollars leaves behind, but I’m betting they’re loud.

Maybe he has a few hundred million in other assets to get by but creditors are probably coming after him for that.

People regularly do this at much smaller scales. During tech bubbles such as the dot on crash people lose huge portion of their life savings through irrational greed. When you’ve won the game, stop playing. The NASDAQ declined by almost 80% in the early 2000s and many people wiped out a very affluent and comfortable retirement and had to go back to work, going from >$5M in net worth to $1M or worse. You have to ask, how would your lifestyle change with $10M versus $5M? $1M ain’t starving but it’s very, very different to $5M.

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

More gullible customers

Yeah … the 21st century mania.

There are some interesting technical applications of blockchain, and cryptocurrency as an asset to diversify part of your wealth if you live in a totalitarian state might make sense, but the implementation has enormous drawbacks and will most likely be replaced by better tech and backed by people who operate like a business that understands legalities, trust, usability, etc.. Advocates seem to think it’s great that no one entity is in charge but governments and users want to know how they are protected when things go wrong.

Written in the 19th century about previous bubbles … 

https://www.amazon.com/Extraordinary-Popular-Delusions-Madness-Crowds/dp/157898808X

and Matt Damon shilling crypto … giving money you can’t afford to lose to some clueless or scammer cryptobro is exactly like Wright Brother inventing powered flight.

23 hours ago, Destino said:

I heard he still has 1billion. Should make him feel a little better.