Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BitCoin falling like a Dotcom

joeken24

• 3 weeks later...

Crypto bros paid a silly amount of actual money for a JPG. 

Meanwhile taunting skeptics “enjoy being poor”.

Now it turns out m that a currency backed by absolutely nothing is not worth anything. Who could have predicted this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok, I have delved into the NFT token industry. I think these will be the next big thing among NFT tokens:

image.png.fc93e67c11828f89379f435fcdbcbc46.png

It's a businessman with a tie.

Some info about this NFT token:

- It's a businessman with a tie. It says that in the NFT token name, too. That's a tie he's wearing.

- Only 100 ETHes...priced to sell quickly.

- Highest quality NFT token that is for sale.

- Created entirely with fresh, handmade pixels.

- He's a businessman, so he has a job.

- A non-fuggable token

Act now, and you can buy 2 tokens for the price of 2.

Hurry, before I sell it.

Now I just sit back and wait...

image.png.774350abe3aa8522f56232ee83cc9a54.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Juatin Bieber reportedly lost an estimated $1.2 mil on that dumb Ape NFT. 😁

And there are 10,000 of these “exclusive ape” JPGs.

Well worth over $1M. Attached for your convenience.

IMG_4597.jpeg

Edited by Corcaigh

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

And there are 10,000 of these “exclusive ape” JPGs.

Well worth over $1M. Attached for your convenience.

You don't actually buy the art, right?...so you're not buying a jpeg. Which is why nobody doing this really gives much of a **** if you right-click and download the jpg (or at least they shouldn't lol). But if that jpg doubled in value, only the owner could sell it and make money from it...the dudes who screen capture it couldn't sell it because they would have to prove ownership first, unless they hooked in someone naive who didn't bother checking.

24 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

There are 10,000 badly drawn apes with no real uniqueness and no artistic merit. Why would they appreciate in value?

After Trump's laughable NFT collection lol, I started trying to figure out what these things actually were. Basically, these apes things provide an online identity to the owners (they are used at profile avatars on social media) and I think at least with the apes, the creators were among the first to create NFTs in that regard so there's a bit of legacy factor connected with them. And then--get this--the different "traits" each has plays a role in their value. So maybe 15% have, I dunno...a red t-shirt and 5% have hats on, or whatever. And the more rare the trait combo the higher the value (I'm kinda guessing right here, though lol). And it's not 10,000 individual apes, it's more like 1,000 individual apes with each having an edition run of 10--meaning, 10 different owners for each ape. And there are programs out there that create these types of NFTs and you input what traits to spread out among the resulting NFTs and how rare or how common each should be...etc, etc, yadda yadda...

But really it seems to be the arena of dudes who are deeply into crypto and treat collecting NFTs like they are buying and selling stock, which from what little I understood about crypto is how that was working, too. Buy $500 worth of bitcryptodoggydoge...****, whatever lol...and for whatever reason they rise and fall like stocks and then you cash in or sell or whatever you do with them. Actual art is now sold via NFTs as well, though, that has nothing whatsoever to do with traits or online identities or any of that stuff.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

• 4 weeks later...

Buyers of Bored Ape NFTs sue after digital apes turn out to be bad investment

The Sotheby's auction house has been named as a defendant in a lawsuit filed by investors who regret buying Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs that sold for highly inflated prices during the NFT craze in 2021. A Sotheby's auction duped investors by giving the Bored Ape NFTs "an air of legitimacy... to generate investors' interest and hype around the Bored Ape brand," the class-action lawsuit claims. 

The boost to Bored Ape NFT prices provided by the auction "was rooted in deception," said the lawsuit filed in US District Court for the Central District of California. It wasn't revealed at the time of the auction that the buyer was the now-disgraced FTX, the lawsuit said. 

"Sotheby's representations that the undisclosed buyer was a 'traditional' collector had misleadingly created the impression that the market for BAYC NFTs had crossed over to a mainstream audience," the lawsuit claimed. Lawsuit plaintiffs say that harmed investors bought the NFTs "with a reasonable expectation of profit from owning them."

• Haha 3