Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden's Press Conference after Signing Foster

Reaper Skins

31 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Except no one actually talked to the players that played with him like you said you did.

Didn't bother with talking to the police on the matter.

This is a ****ing joke.

I highly doubt the Tampa police are going to share the details to an ongoing domestic violence investigation with the Redskins brass

3 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I highly doubt the Tampa police are going to share the details to an ongoing domestic violence investigation with the Redskins brass

Agreed. You aren't exactly going to find anything out are you. Redskins FO personal have no right to that information in the same manner any other member of the public would. 

45 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Except no one actually talked to the players that played with him like you said you did.

This is a ****ing joke.

I agree on the last comment, but I can hardly blame Jay here...He's being thrown to the wolves by this FO while he should be preparing a capital game on Monday Night.

We're not even shooting ourselves in the foot, we're aiming at the knees, and even higher...

When I think about it, what actually concerns me most about it, is that they decided to go get this guy with no investigation, and most importantly, without concern about how he would effect the team.  If you, as a coach, and as a GM, are confident in the team you have built, of the CULTURE you have built, you become careful about who you bring in and whether they will fit help that, or hurt that.  According to Gruden, all they care about is what the NFL decides, not whether its actually true.

Because the problem is, when you bring in a guy like this, it causes many serious issues that disrupt the team: A. Players who were competing for jobs now feel betrayed by the team because they are essentially replaced with an outsider with criminal issues.  B.  Players who may find his behavior reprehensible are now discouraged as they have to play with him, and be teamates with someone like that.  C. People who get arrested 3 times in one year for domesitc violence, and drug charges, are now well adjusted people.  This is not isolated.  He did not JUST get angry 2 times in his life.  Its the tip of the iceberg poking forth.  Any person who would act like that multiple times has deep seated and consistent issues, most likely major anger issues, a desire for violence(which is common for the NFL, but most players learn to harness it, not get dominated by it), and more.  This WILL manifest itself with his teamates.  Probably not in week 1, or week 2, but at some point things are going to be going poorly(I know, shocker for the Redskins) and then you see anger and violence issues come out, this time against teamates and coaches.

Its one thing if you want to argue the positives outweigh the negatives, but if you dont think bringing in someone like this will have a negative effect on aspects of the team, you are a fool.  My opinion is that Jay Gruden and Bruce Allen are desperate for their jobs right now, they dont feel their team is good enough to stand on its own how they built it, and they are willing to drag the Redskins franchise down for their own personal game.  They think little of us fans.

32 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

And yet the Eagles, of all teams, at least tried.

Yes...the same front office that did their due diligence and determined that DJax had gang affiliations and was going to cause alot of trouble. They were soooooo right about that one...

Everyone just put away the pitchforks and "outrage" and wait to see what the police discover. 

As has been said countless times..if hes guilty he's cut...if he's falsely accused....again...then we got a steal.

I can only deduce that the Skins claimed this guy for two reasons:

1). Hoping he beats the rap

2). He's a 1st round pick from their beloved Alabama.

Poster Peregrine makes some excellent points on how this move can be disruptive to the locker room. How long can Snyder allow Bruce Allen to screw things up? I thought we were on the verge of moving on from Bruce once Doug Williams was bumped up, it seemed Bruce may be getting phased out? Stupid me.

Snyder looks dumber and dumber with stupid moves he does and doesn't make. 

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I can only deduce that the Skins claimed this guy for two reasons:

1). Hoping he beats the rap

2). He's a 1st round pick from their beloved Alabama.

Poster Peregrine makes some excellent points on how this move can be disruptive to the locker room. How long can Snyder allow Bruce Allen to screw things up? I thought we were on the verge of moving on from Bruce once Doug Williams was bumped up, it seemed Bruce may be getting phased out? Stupid me.

Snyder looks dumber and dumber with stupid moves he does and doesn't make. 

The more this story develops, the more it looks like another Bruce's stupid move.

Maybe we won't have to wait for the end of season to have Bruce fired.

Maybe Dan will fire him, and the next Team President / GM will cut Foster ASAP and apologize for all of this. (More or less what the Ravens did to Ryan Grant somehow).

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

The more this story develops, the more it looks like another Bruce's stupid move.

Maybe we won't have to wait for the end of season to have Bruce fired.

Maybe Dan will fire him, and the next Team President / GM will cut Foster ASAP and apologize for all of this. (More or less what the Ravens did to Ryan Grant somehow).

Don't make any wagers on this happening... but I like how you think.

6 hours ago, Morneblade said:

This is a ****ing joke.

Are you insinuating that jay said that he didnt talk to the alabama players? Causr im.not sure we heard the same thing

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Better than not even trying.

This reminds me of some Jay Leno  bit from back when he was still doing stand-up...he talked about riding with his mom and the car stalls:

Mom: "Oh, dear, what happened"

Jay: "The car stalled, it's out of gas."

Mom: "Did you check the battery?"

Jay: "It's not the battery, mom, the car is out of gas. See, the needle is on "E"..."

Mom: "Your father always checked the battery..."

(Gets out of the car, looks under the hood, then gets back in the car)

Jay: "There. I checked the battery. It's fine. Happy now?"

Mom: "Well at least now we know."

3 thoughts:

1. Doug should have done a presser and Jay should not have answered 1 question about Foster, just deferred them all to Doug.

2. Having not doing that, Jay looked uncomfortable.  I don’t blame him.  I don’t think he did a good job with it, but then I also don’t think he should have been asked to do it to begin with.  I’m one of Jay’s biggest critics and I honestly felt bad for him. 

3. Don’t forget Jay comes off the Marvin Lewis/Bengal’s tree, and one of the longtime mottos is “We haven’t met a talented felon we can’t love.”

9 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

He's being thrown to the wolves by this FO while he should be preparing a capital game on Monday Night.

I have thought about this myself as well. If the FO had waited until after the game and Foster was still there then you go jump on it. If not, it wasn't meant to be. Why create such a drama when your season and division is on the line. Has the FO given up hopes in Colt and on this season then?

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

3 thoughts:

1. Doug should have done a presser and Jay should not have answered 1 question about Foster, just deferred them all to Doug.

2. Having not doing that, Jay looked uncomfortable.  I don’t blame him.  I don’t think he did a good job with it, but then I also don’t think he should have been asked to do it to begin with.  I’m one of Jay’s biggest critics and I honestly felt bad for him. 

3. Don’t forget Jay comes off the Marvin Lewis/Bengal’s tree, and one of the longtime mottos is “We haven’t met a talented felon we can’t love.”

1. I'm not sure that would have been any better...Gruden basically pleading the fifth on every single question concerning Foster would be interpreted as he was against the move and doesn't want to justify it.

2. Was Gruden asked to do a presser or was this already scheduled and mandatory (in other words, no way to get out of it)? I do agree that Doug should have given one before Gruden's presser, although that wouldn't have stopped the Foster questions for Gruden one iota in my opinion. Instead there would have been questions like "In his press conference Doug Williams said (fill in the blank). Did you (fill in the blank) or were you not involved in that?" Not to mention having two pressers so close together brings on the very real possibility of contradicting answers from both men.

this is an unnecessary distraction and makes weakens the team culture period. It’s not worth that even if Foster mearly put him self in a position to loose his job but didn’t actually hit anyone. You see. It doesn’t ****ing matter if he is actually guilty of this, his repeat history and inability to learn is enough.

Even if he isn’t charged, unless the police come out and say the charges had zero merit (unlikely) he will probably still be suspended for a year, after this case concludes because he is a repeat offender. As a football move it is dumb. You have to pay for a guy and take up a roster spot on someone who at best is two years away from suiting up.

There is nothing shrewd about this desperate move.

Agree, Allen should be the lightning rod for anything and everything related to this signing.  Jay should not have fielded questions about it. Let alone multiple questions yeesh we know its a clown show but why would they hang Gruden out to dry on this?  Maybe they want him out.  Do we still have that same doofus PR guy?

Jay getting asked about contacting police??..... smh

Dale Hunter says it best

tenor.gif?itemid=5417962

Archived