Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Wrong with Alex Smith?

NoVaSkins21

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Maybe with a lesser QB we'd be 3-6 and imploding. Instead we are hanging in the fight.

Maybe a implode is what we need. Our defense has got a lot better but our offense is horrible. Alex Smith is 34 and we need someone for the future. Winning will not get us the Rookie QB we need. 

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

You have clearly not seen any Bills games this year.

Or Jags come to that. 

Or Giants.

Hell or Cowboys ...

Actually what teams have you seen apart from us?

The only QBs Smith is better than from these teams you've listed is Eli and the Bills QB.

The defense gave up 3 points. We scored 16 against a historically bad defense that gives up 35 a game. No idea how anyone could be rushing here to praise Alex for this one, I'm going to pretend it's some elaborate trolling or parody. 

I don't think Smith played well today but made a few nice plays on the TD drive and didn't make any big mistakes. Credit to the OL, they looked better than I was expecting given the situation. 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Maybe a implode is what we need. Our defense has got a lot better but our offense is horrible. Alex Smith is 34 and we need someone for the future. Winning will not get us the Rookie QB we need. 

At 6-3 I'll happily defer the implode for now and take my chances this season.

7 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Kansas City Chiefs did it with a dude alot like the dude we have now. 

Actually did it alot like we are doing it right now. Build a team around a JAG and then get someone who can run it. 

4 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

What if this team still misses the playoffs? 

On offense we have Trent, Scherff, CT25, Guice and Richardson all under contract  and returning in 2019. All missing today. We need to get a WR in, probably bring AP back, and add a couple on the OL. Should be viable in FA and the draft. 

Smith isnt elite but but he's winning with **** right now.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

On offense we have Trent, Scherff, CT25, Guice and Richardson all under contract  and returning in 2019. All missing today. We need to get a WR in, probably bring AP back, and add a couple on the OL. Should be viable in FA and the draft. 

Smith isnt elite but but he's winning with **** right now.

If we're being honest, Smith isn't winning ****.  The game today wasn't won by the Redskins as much as it was lost by the Bucs.  They not only shot themselves in the foot, they cut off their legs with hack-saws.  Our defense made some nice plays to help with the four turn overs, but they also missed a lot of tackles and were out of position a lot.  They had nothing to do with the two missed field goals, the horrible snap, or the dropped passes.  Had the Bucs been clicking like they did earlier in the season, they would have blown us out because our QB can't must up more than 16 points on the worst defense currently in the league.

14 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

What if this team still misses the playoffs? 

That would suck.  What's your point?  It's bad enough people want to lose every game when were 3-6, now were talking about a 6-3 team tanking?

I get it, you want a better, younger QB.  Losing every game starting next week doesn't guarantee you that.  Nothing guarantees you that.  Stop this nonsense.

This reminds me a lot of 2008 when we started 6 - 2.  There were a few folks that didn't by into the mirage and others that jumped all over them for not being happy with the wins.  Well, we know how that all turned out, and it set us back for years to come.  It wasn't all on Zorn, it was on the QB as well.  Alex Smith is the new Jason Campbell, and being happy about his below mediocre play so that it sets up for us missing the playoffs this year and the next couple is not something i can get behind.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

**** me this place is miserable. We have high expectations for a franchise that's done **** all for nearly three decades.

I'll take 6-3 and move onto next week with an open mind.

If you have high expectations, that's great,  Just don't fall too hard with huge disappointment.  

1 minute ago, zskins said:

It doesn't matter. Alex is here for another 2 more years at least. We are not drafting a QB in 2019 in the 1st round anyways. 

Havimg watched a lot of College football this year - that’s a good thing. Not a good QB class at all.

2 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

This reminds me a lot of 2008 when we started 6 - 2.  There were a few folks that didn't by into the mirage and others that jumped all over them for not being happy with the wins.  Well, we know how that all turned out, and it set us back for years to come.  It wasn't all on Zorn, it was on the QB as well.  Alex Smith is the new Jason Campbell, and being happy about his below mediocre play so that it sets up for us missing the playoffs this year and the next couple is not something i can get behind.

There are alot of differences between that team and this one. 

Zorn is not Gruden for the most obvious. 

Vinny. Also obvious. 

Less obvious is that Gruden helped build this team. Zorn inherited his. 

2008 team was old and getting older. This one is young and our youth is playing big for us. 

Outside of the records and the QBs under preforming, they dont have alot in common. .

Just now, Taylor 36 said:

If you have high expectations, that's great,  Just don't fall too hard with huge disappointment.  

I dont have high expectation. I'm fairly realistic. I thought we would get rolled over today by 3 scores, mainly because our OL is screwed and we have nothing left healthy on offense that I see as being remotely dynamic. 

Somehow we walk away with a win. I will take that and go again next week.

Archived