Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What’s up Skins

JRobinson

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

yeah I do...it's simple:

1) Don't type "fact" in all caps and insist everyone agree to that "fact" when it's not a fact at all lol...

2) Don't talk about Cousins giving the Skins an offense that was "respected and feared" for half a season when he only had two games that fit that description and 3 1/2 more games where it was anything but--in fact he got benched at halftime in his last game...that doesn't happen when you're a QB leading a "respected and feared" offense.

I'm not going to argue with you, After all its just my opinion , Have a good weekend . 

Wasn't this supposed to be a Rams thread? ?

LA looked tight, they are just playing brutally good ball across the board and ought to have a wildly successful season, but we'll have to wait-n-see how they handle success. You have some ego there, Talib, Suh, and they are rollin' early but who knows what happens down the stretch? Seen it before.....

Gotta say though, as a fan of the game, loved it, just great performance on both sides in spite of the points given up. Minny fought for every point and deserves credit. At the point I don't know who I'd bet a dollar on to beat 'em. 

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

? At the point I don't know who I'd bet a dollar on to beat 'em. 

I'll go 300 on the skins right now.. seriously, if they were to play in week 5 I'd go 300 on the skins..

Our o line MAN HANDLE'S there d line...I'll give Goff 18 right out the gate too!! ...****, I'll give gurly 10 as well..we still win by 5

I find some these anti-Cousins comments amazing. 

He had to move a one-dimensional Vikings offense,with a less-than- stellar O-line, and still put up some amazing numbers against a Wade Philips defense that's loaded with talent.  He ran effectively for conversions, (4th down conversions too), 2-point conversions, and a red zone TD, versus folks like Suh and Donald.  He kept the Vikings competitive, and in the game, on a day when Goff/McVay shredded the Vikings defense. 

Since he had to keep passing, because the Vikings D let them get behind, the Rams defense could pin their ears back and power rush him. And his O-line protection definitely started to wilt vs. the Rams D-line. 

But, no, Cousins-haters want to blame this loss on Kirk, because he didn't step up in the pocket on one play? I just shake my head and wonder why.  When your only option is to keep passing to win, and relying on  O-line pass protection that's being overpowered ...is it slightly possible that Cousins will have some sacks, fumbles, or interceptions?  Haters just want to focus on when Cousins had a bad result and ignore the rest -- and then project that he's never going to ever be clutch, or good in the red-zone, or bring a team back from behind.  (Oddly, as Cousins' career continues, he's dispelling those claims.)

Look, the Skins FO makes decisions all the time on whether to allow a Skin to leave for another team.  Maybe some Skins fans just want to hope that Cousins turns out to be a case like David Amerson, rather than like Coach McVay. I'm not sure why -- in Bruce I trust?

IMHO, Cousins is a really decent QB, and like former Skins QBs Trent Green and Brad Johnson, he will do well for his new team.  But wins and losses are dependent on the entire team...not just one player.  And it seems the Vikings fans get that.  Why can't we?

Ya that one play(I'm not a Kirk basher I swear)that sealed the win for the Rams..you heard the announcer he should have stepped up out of the pocket to not have the ball stripped away..just like it happened in week one last year..just my personal opinion..I wish him luck except against us..this is ANOTHER one of those things that not even TK knows what happened behind closed doors between Kirk and the skins..no one knows what truly happened..was Kirk a dick or was the skins?.. being a die hard fan that I am..I side with the skins..any who...

Wyvern, Cousins is a very good QB, but IMHO he is not an elite QB deserving of being paid $28M a year.  Honest criticism of him doesn't make everyone who does it a hater, although I'm sure there are some who do hate on him.

I suspect those who hate on him see him as a person who really didn't want to stay in Washington regardless of the money.  I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons he left was because of how bad the Redskins defense was.  Unfortunately for him, the Redskins defense followed him to Minnesota.

22 hours ago, dckey said:

Funny thing is why is the Minnesota running game looking like the redskins last year?  Could it be Kirk or the OC?  Last year Minnesota first 4 games were 2-2 but had rushing att of GM1-28, GM2-20, GM3-31, GM4-22!!   This year the rushing attemps are GM1-28 (Win against SF), GM2-16 (TIE GB), GM3-4 (Loss BUF), GM4-13 (Loss Rams).  Is Kirk a Stat packer, does he check out of the run into passes or do OC's love his ability that much that they abandon the run game way to early?  I just find it interesting how the Vikings have changed

Ask Gruden he will tell you that Kirk will check out of a run play and call his own pass play. Gruden actually said that in one of his presser. 

22 hours ago, zRifle1z said:

The other fact though is, we rarely had a winning season with him. Another fact is, he was able to beat the Rams last year with the team he didn't want to play for. Last fact is, as posted several times in this thread, he does not produce 70% of the time in clutch situations. 

OP, thanks and your team played a fantastic game. Love McVay and looking forward to beating yall once we get the chance this season ?

Thanks bud.  We are pretty excited over here with this team.  Well, if we see y’all in the playoffs that would be very much welcomed for me.  Easy team to like.   

34 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Wyvern, Cousins is a very good QB, but IMHO he is not an elite QB deserving of being paid $28M a year.  Honest criticism of him doesn't make everyone who does it a hater, although I'm sure there are some who do hate on him.

Good post here.  And agreed in full.  But yes, I’d take my boy Goff any day over Cousins. 

5 hours ago, Wyvern said:

IMHO, Cousins is a really decent QB, and like former Skins QBs Trent Green and Brad Johnson, he will do well for his new team.  But wins and losses are dependent on the entire team...not just one player.  And it seems the Vikings fans get that.  Why can't we?

I think 'we' do get that to be honest. No doubt, Cousins is a really decent QB. 

Is that what you get for 30mil per year, really decent....

Rams look strong. Wanted us to get Woods when he was a FA.

11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A starting QB in the NFL at times will check out of a run play to pass?  Please, tell me more.  ?

Ummm... my response was to the stat packer comment above. And Gruden wasn't looking happy that Kirk did that, by the way mr. smarty pants...lol :)

15 hours ago, JRobinson said:

Good post here.  And agreed in full.  But yes, I’d take my boy Goff any day over Cousins. 

There are some things that Cousins can do that Goff can’t at this point.Goff is getting better pass protection and has a much more complete team around him.Both are very good.

On 9/29/2018 at 9:28 AM, Wyvern said:

I find some these anti-Cousins comments amazing. 

He had to move a one-dimensional Vikings offense,with a less-than- stellar O-line, and still put up some amazing numbers against a Wade Philips defense that's loaded with talent.  He ran effectively for conversions, (4th down conversions too), 2-point conversions, and a red zone TD, versus folks like Suh and Donald.  He kept the Vikings competitive, and in the game, on a day when Goff/McVay shredded the Vikings defense.

He gets better and better.     

And this year with the Vikes they never should have lost that GB game - that was on their kicker.  But people who hate him blamed him.  But did he not go head to head with Rodgers?  Hell yes.

And in this game, against the Rams he was amazing. Once again he literally got into a passing duel with Goff, just like he did with Rodgers -  only to be let down AGAIN by his overrated defense and a collapse upfront.

That fumble was a strip AND he did move up the pocket but his O line collapsed.  If you hate a player your going to find a way to blame them.   I just do not know how you put the loss on Cousin's.  

Both D's got shredded in this game.   

30 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

He gets better and better.     

And this year with the Vikes they never should have lost that GB game - that was on their kicker.  But people who hate him blamed him.  But did he not go head to head with Rodgers?  Hell yes.

And in this game, against the Rams he was amazing. Once again he literally got into a passing duel with Goff, just like he did with Rodgers -  only to be let down AGAIN by his overrated defense and a collapse upfront.

That fumble was a strip AND he did move up the pocket but his O line collapsed.  If you hate a player your going to find a way to blame them.   I just do not know how you put the loss on Cousin's.  

Both D's got shredded in this game.   

Actually the Vikes didn't lose the GB game they tied, and they should have lost that due to an INT that Cousins threw during a possible game winning drive, but it was called back due to the worst RTP penalty in the history of the NFL being called.

17 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, I'm rooting for the Fighting McVay's.  But honestly, that's kinda silly. 

Completely different than:

#HTTR

#RockTheRed

#Natitude

#ALLCAPS

Because NONE of those would seem silly to anybody outside of market.

thank god this one never accidentally caught on :  #wash up .

I don't get why some of you guys get so anally uptight [ strange oxymoron ] about this Cousins situation.

He was a good QB who could have been given a nice contract long ago to stay here, but wasn't, and his agent got in his head; couple that with McVay giving him the ability to showcase his skills made him a talked about QB.

Then he wanted more money, just as every other person who works would, but the FO didn't want to commit so he left for another team. Then the FO went out and got another comparable QB to fill the void and here we are. If Cousins succeeds and gets to a SB, it won't be only because of him; no team gets to a SB only by their QB, its always a team/strategy combo. At first he was considered a flash in the pan QB but he proved them wrong, but it will take more than him to get to a SB.

Besides, we should all wait until week 12 or 13 to see where his team is at, where he is at, and go from there. Everyone knows teams get on hot or cold streaks, but towards the end of the season is where the real teams step up and there's more to lose than win. That will describe Cousins more than anything else.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Actually the Vikes didn't lose the GB game they tied, and they should have lost that due to an INT that Cousins threw during a possible game winning drive, but it was called back due to the worst RTP penalty in the history of the NFL being called.

Okay I know it was tie.  My bad.  But what you are using as justification for why they should have lost is part of the **** calls being made this year, left and right, and will continue to be.  

And that call IMO pales in comparison to the THREE missed FG's which was really a big part of the story of the game for the Vikes.  Two in the game and one in OT.  But with your logic I guess it balances out the **** call, when the guy missed the FG in OT which resulted in the tie. 

10 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

There are some things that Cousins can do that Goff can’t at this point.Goff is getting better pass protection and has a much more complete team around him.Both are very good.

Agreed.  I like the age difference and the accuracy in tight windows that Goff has shown.  

Sorry, JRobinson, but Goff was almost being considered as a bust before McVay arrived.  I didnt , but I have mixed feelings about the Rams FO.

I think the real story is what McVay did to ignite his career.  But I think McVay could replicate that with other talented QBs. 

I'll note that Cousins keeps working diligently at improving his craft.  Hopefully Goff will too. The NFL needs quality QBs.

Archived