Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What’s up Skins

JRobinson

Beat the Vikings! You'll have a lot of Redskins Nation tuning in to root for you guys in this one. Two big reasons, first off, I don't want to see Kirk win; this franchise is carrying around enough garbage as it is. Secondly, Mcvay grew up with this team and we love the guy. As much as I would have liked to keep him here, Dan Snyder doesn't deserve him. I haven't ever been close to having a "second favorite" team, but the Rams are making it interesting.

3 minutes ago, JRobinson said:

Kirk played well tonight.  No comment on the money part, other than he was well worth every cent of it tonight IMO.   He’s a very solid NFL QB.  

You know why i don't agree with you? Because we've all seen those stats before, he had a 2 minute warning and two timeouts and fumbles the ball.  Solid is not worth what he got,solid doesnt win games like that against a team like that on the road, elite does. He isn't elite, never will be

Dude has to throw 50 times with no running game to be found and a defense leaking TDs on the reg.  He does have a fumbling issue but there is a short list of QBs that have any chance to be in that game tonight on short week.  There’s a reason the Vikings are the 2nd team to cover in the last 14 to travel two time zones to play on Thursday night.  That reason is Kirk.

As for the Rams, my god - you guys are freaking incredible.

Cousins probably feels like he's in some sort of twilight zone right now.  He has to feel snake-bitten concerning the lack of support that he gets from his teams' defenses.  Be that as it may, Cousins still has a knack for making back-breaking turnovers at the most crucial times in games.

1 hour ago, JRobinson said:

Y’all are welcome!  #HornsUp

Horns up? What is this Amon Amarth?

1 hour ago, JRobinson said:

Kirk played well tonight.  No comment on the money part, other than he was well worth every cent of it tonight IMO.   He’s a very solid NFL QB.  

Cousins is a good quarterback that makes WAY too many mental mistakes in key moments.  That said, we should have sighed him early.

1 hour ago, cakmoney61 said:

Cousins probably feels like he's in some sort of twilight zone right now.  He has to feel snake-bitten concerning the lack of support that he gets from his teams' defenses.  Be that as it may, Cousins still has a knack for making back-breaking turnovers at the most crucial times in games.

Almost sounds Romo-esque.  

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

You know why i don't agree with you? Because we've all seen those stats before, he had a 2 minute warning and two timeouts and fumbles the ball.  Solid is not worth what he got,solid doesnt win games like that against a team like that on the road, elite does. He isn't elite, never will be

But how many teams get truly elites QBs?  It’s that much of a rarity. 

2 minutes ago, JRobinson said:

But how many teams get truly elites QBs?  It’s that much of a rarity. 

The amount of money he and other "solid" QBs are making is an unsustainable bubble that's eventually going to pop. Starting next year 1 out of every 6 dollars of cap space for the Vikings is going to Kirk and its fully guaranteed.  They can have that ****.

I cannot possibly agree with this post more.

Before the Rodgers deal (which he wholeheartedly deserves), Kirk was the highest paid NFL QB.

I saw a serviceable QB tonight. Lets not forget Case Keenum took that squad to the NFC Championship.

What I also saw was a QB who CANNOT win the big game. A QB I stood behind and had some great moments rooting for.

A QB who did not deserve the payout he got though. 

Way too many moments where Kirk mismanages the clock (halftime), has a crucial turnover, or puts the game at risk with decisions.

You guys are hilarious. Cousins hangs 31 on the supposed great Wade Phillips defense and because his defense can't stop anything it's his fault???  Ok he fumbled late. Should never have been an issue. He kept giving them leads to start the game but sooner or later someone else on the team has to do their job. He was the leading rusher with 28 yds!!  

And no-one ever said he was elite. But he was good enough to win. Leading rusher with 28 yds - no rushing game, and the defense gives up 5 passing TDs and big play after big play and still hangs 31 on them. Vikings had zero pass rush. I could have thrown for 300 yds myself behind that line and I can't throw the ball more than 40 yds at this point. 

The whole money thing has nothing to do with who is better. 

BTW: This Cousins stuff is just as ridiculous as those saying Alex Smith was trash because of the Colts game. Both guys are very good - not great, but very good - QBs. The money is market driven. Hating on the guy because he maximized his value makes no sense. 

5 hours ago, JRobinson said:

He dropped 31 on a Wade Phillips defense. If they had any pass rush and the DBs had any idea what was going on it could have easily gone the other way. Some people just will not let go of **** regardless of the data presented to them. 

I will say Wade did take the run away. Kirk was the leading rusher with a whole 28 yds on 4 carries. Next up? Cook with 20 yds on 10 carries. Zimmer is getting his head handed to him. That D was horrible - not taking anything away from Goff or the Rams. But you can't keep letting guys get behind you like that. Goff made them pay every time. He dropped some very nice passes catching guys in stride too. He has what I have heard WRs call a very catch able ball. 

Good luck to you guys. Sean is a good guy. Wish he could have stayed here but that was never happening. Jay is a better coach than people here give him credit for. 

I swore I'd try to be more professional and not bash on Kirk..I definitely like seeing the Vikings/him lose... that fumble that sealed the win for the Rams looked all to familiar..week one.. last year... just like the announcers said..he doesn't have that..it factor to sense pressure around him to slide up in the pocket.... instead gets sacked or the ball stripped away..I know it's still early in the season...and I'll leave it at that lol

I almost agree with Gurley... Nobody's beating the Rams. 

Glad we let McVay go to keep Gruden, ugh. But seriously, Suh and Donald on the same D line and you have that offense. 14-2 and they coast through the playoffs.

Sorry, I can't think of a team that can match up well against them. The only teams that have a chance will need a stout front line- Jax, Philly, Skins

As for Cousins, Im a huge fan and wish he were still a Redskin.  However there is legitimacy to his performance in key moments like last night.  That fumble was on him.  He held the ball too long, he balked, he didnt feel pressure, and he didnt step up in the pocket where there was room.  Weve seen it a few times before

Archived