Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What’s up Skins

JRobinson

3 hours ago, Wyvern said:

Sorry, JRobinson, but Goff was almost being considered as a bust before McVay arrived.  I didnt , but I have mixed feelings about the Rams FO.

I think the real story is what McVay did to ignite his career.  But I think McVay could replicate that with other talented QBs. 

I'll note that Cousins keeps working diligently at improving his craft.  Hopefully Goff will too. The NFL needs quality QBs.

I dont think McVey is doing anything special.  Most QBs struggle as rookies

On 9/29/2018 at 10:00 AM, bakedtater1 said:

Ya that one play(I'm not a Kirk basher I swear)that sealed the win for the Rams..you heard the announcer he should have stepped up out of the pocket to not have the ball stripped away..just like it happened in week one last year..just my personal opinion..I wish him luck except against us..this is ANOTHER one of those things that not even TK knows what happened behind closed doors between Kirk and the skins..no one knows what truly happened..was Kirk a dick or was the skins?.. being a die hard fan that I am..I side with the skins..any who...

You don't know what you don't know & I forgive you for that. :) 

12 hours ago, JRobinson said:

Agreed.  I like the age difference and the accuracy in tight windows that Goff has shown.  

I actually started to mention Goff’s age advantage in my previous post.He  should have a long,successful career.

@ Zoony  -- Goff was the 1st overall pick in 2016 and was struggling his 1st year under Coach Fischer.  Don't tell me you forgot how McVay was being called the "QB  whisperer".  Goff was talented at the outset -- but he needed the right coaching, O-line, running game, and decent receivers to blossom. BTW, there are lots of 1st year QBs who performed better than Goff did his first year.

@Tater  -- If you want to rely on Troy Aikman's analysis of any Redskins or former Redskins player, please know that his Cowboys 'taint' will always seep through. He was waiting for any mis-step to pounce on.  Frankly, how quickly would Aikman have been willing to step up into a pocket when Donald and Suh were crushing through his O-line in the second half?

7 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

I actually started to mention Goff’s age advantage in my previous post.He  should have a long,successful career.

Thats the hope. As it would be any fan who has a young promising QB.  I think I’m still wondering what his ‘ceiling’ and even ‘floor’ is right now because of his age and HC.  What do you see?

Archived