Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What’s up Skins

JRobinson

46 minutes ago, zoony said:

The QB that stood out to me last night was Goff.  He has arrived

BTW, it is possible that the Vikings have one of the leagues worst defenses.  How did this happen?

The stuff going on with everson Griffen maybe.. whatever his first name is

39 minutes ago, zoony said:

As for Cousins, Im a huge fan and wish he were still a Redskin.  However there is legitimacy to his performance in key moments like last night.  That fumble was on him.  He held the ball too long, he balked, he didnt feel pressure, and he didnt step up in the pocket where there was room.  Weve seen it a few times before

And still wish he was a Redskin?

Ya there was more than enough room to have slid up out of the pocket

On 9/25/2018 at 1:18 AM, JRobinson said:

Some may remember me from last season when we played y’all in week 2 I think it was.  Just wanting to get a feel on how you guys feel about your squad and the Alex Smith ordeal.  Hope y’all are healthy!

You guys looked awesome last night, i was saying in another thread i genuinely believe LA has the next dynasty team, you guys in my opinion are the "next New England"

As far as Smith goes , I can already see its going to be a love hate relationship with him all season long, but so far he has played like the veteran leader he is, im happy with him. I do feel letting Cousins go was and will be our biggest blunder at QB since we let Trent Green slip away o so many years ago. As far as the rest of the team goes im optimistic if our defense stays healthy and AP can stay conditioned for 16 games we could, with a little luck win 9 or 10 games and make get a wild card spot.

Funny thing is why is the Minnesota running game looking like the redskins last year?  Could it be Kirk or the OC?  Last year Minnesota first 4 games were 2-2 but had rushing att of GM1-28, GM2-20, GM3-31, GM4-22!!   This year the rushing attemps are GM1-28 (Win against SF), GM2-16 (TIE GB), GM3-4 (Loss BUF), GM4-13 (Loss Rams).  Is Kirk a Stat packer, does he check out of the run into passes or do OC's love his ability that much that they abandon the run game way to early?  I just find it interesting how the Vikings have changed

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Cousins is not the guy you want at the end of a game during clutch time

This.  I hate saying this but Cousins appears to lack that clutch gene.  When "clutch" is needed from him, too many times it ends in catastrophe.  Not simply failure...catastrophe!!!

8 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

This.  I hate saying this but Cousins appears to lack that clutch gene.  When "clutch" is needed from him, too many times it ends in catastrophe.  Not simply failure...catastrophe!!!

And He also led the biggest comeback in TEAM HISTORY over the bucs, Cmon, stop. We could circle jerk for the next hour if you like, You can bring up all the games he lost and I'll bring up all the games he won including his first start ever leading us down field beating Cleveland in place of that injured hack RG3. Lets not go there the past is the past.

But one thing we know is a fact. AGREE TO THIS FACT, give me that at least. Kirk Cousins gave us 4 solid consecutive seasons where our offense was respected and feared as a solid passing attack, something no Redskins QB had done for over 20, maybe 30 years ? Who was the last QB to that did that Joe Theismann ? Maybe Rypien? Thats a pretty long time my friend.

4 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

And He also led the biggest comeback in TEAM HISTORY over the bucs, Cmon, stop. We could circle jerk for the next hour if you like, You can bring up all the games he lost and I'll bring up all the games he won including his first start ever leading us down field beating Cleveland in place of that injured hack RG3. Lets not go there the past is the past.

But one thing we know is a fact. AGREE TO THIS FACT, give me that at least. Kirk Cousins gave us 4 solid consecutive seasons where our offense was respected and feared as a solid passing attack, something no Redskins QB had done for over 20, maybe 30 years ? Who was the last QB to that did that Joe Theismann ? Maybe Rypien? Thats a pretty long time my friend.

The other fact though is, we rarely had a winning season with him. Another fact is, he was able to beat the Rams last year with the team he didn't want to play for. Last fact is, as posted several times in this thread, he does not produce 70% of the time in clutch situations. 

OP, thanks and your team played a fantastic game. Love McVay and looking forward to beating yall once we get the chance this season ?

Here's  the thing.  If Kirk Cousins wanted to be a Redskin he would be here.  It's not like  they didn't pay him big bucks the last two.  Offered him a long term contract and he wanted to see other teams offers.

Kirk wanted out after he built his value.   That's it.  Lets move on.  Cousins isn't coming back.

30 minutes ago, sparkosaurus said:

I'll just leave this here....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=CousKi00

9 come from behind victories, 12 game winning drives.... 14 total (some overlap)....

That's out of 66 total games.... of 21% of the games he's played in....

Not clutch at all.

It's amazing how people just ignore this when talking about being clutch. Same thing actually happened to Romo. He is 19th in history with 29 GWDs. 

45 minutes ago, sparkosaurus said:

I'll just leave this here....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=CousKi00

9 come from behind victories, 12 game winning drives.... 14 total (some overlap)....

That's out of 66 total games.... of 21% of the games he's played in....

Not clutch at all.

The hilarious part is the haters will look at this as negative, I'll chalk it up to being "Young & Dumb" and just leave it at that.....

I know we shouldn't be talking about this and nothing productive will come of it but I'd be lying if i didn't at least let my fellow Skins fans know as someone who has loved this team for over 30 years It just feels like a knife to the heart every time i see Kirk make a fantastic throw in Minnesota. Years upon years of waiting for someone decent.... Thats it though, I promise im done on this subject

3 hours ago, dckey said:

Funny thing is why is the Minnesota running game looking like the redskins last year?  Could it be Kirk or the OC?  Last year Minnesota first 4 games were 2-2 but had rushing att of GM1-28, GM2-20, GM3-31, GM4-22!!   This year the rushing attemps are GM1-28 (Win against SF), GM2-16 (TIE GB), GM3-4 (Loss BUF), GM4-13 (Loss Rams).  Is Kirk a Stat packer, does he check out of the run into passes or do OC's love his ability that much that they abandon the run game way to early?  I just find it interesting how the Vikings have changed

Have you watched their defense this season?  They have to throw the ball.  What sense does stat packing make when he’s on a 3 year fully guaranteed deal?  I’m pretty sure he’d rather be in a situation to run the ball, and not have to score 30+ to win every week.

3 hours ago, Redd said:

Here's  the thing.  If Kirk Cousins wanted to be a Redskin he would be here.  It's not like  they didn't pay him big bucks the last two.  Offered him a long term contract and he wanted to see other teams offers.

Kirk wanted out after he built his value.   That's it.  Lets move on.  Cousins isn't coming back.

How is this confusing to some? it's exactly what happened

40 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Have you watched their defense this season?  They have to throw the ball.  What sense does stat packing make when he’s on a 3 year fully guaranteed deal?  I’m pretty sure he’d rather be in a situation to run the ball, and not have to score 30+ to win every week.

I have watched them very closely and they are in situations where their down 1 touchdown ie against GB and only ran the ball twice in 3 possessions.  Running can also help a defense that is not good.  They were down 3 last night at one point and never ran the ball more than 2 on the next 3 possessions.  Some would argue if your defense is getting beat like that you might want to run to control the clock more

28 minutes ago, dckey said:

I have watched them very closely and they are in situations where their down 1 touchdown ie against GB and only ran the ball twice in 3 possessions.  Running can also help a defense that is not good.  They were down 3 last night at one point and never ran the ball more than 2 on the next 3 possessions.  Some would argue if your defense is getting beat like that you might want to run to control the clock more

You have to be successful with the run to control the clock.  They aren’t.  

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

3 and two games lol...and yes, it matters, if for no other reason than you said, and I quote, "one thing we know is a fact. AGREE TO THIS FACT"...then went on to state something that was not a fact at all lol...

http://www.nfl.com/player/kirkcousins/2532820/careerstats

6 games in 2014 my friend or how about we just say 54 games, Hows that?

1 minute ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

It wasn't 6 games where opponents "respected and feared" the Skins offense like you stated earlier, though. Cousins got worse and worse as the weeks progressed, and had that vomit-inducing performance against the Giants in the middle of it all.

5 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

giphy.gif

yeah I do...it's simple:

1) Don't type "fact" in all caps and insist everyone agree to that "fact" when it's not a fact at all lol...

2) Don't talk about Cousins giving the Skins an offense that was "respected and feared" for half a season when he only had two games that fit that description and 3 1/2 more games where it was anything but--in fact he got benched at halftime in his last game...that doesn't happen when you're a QB leading a "respected and feared" offense.

Archived