Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game apathy thread: We're baaaack

Burgundy Yoda

21 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Kirk Cousins brings Minny back from the grave and throws for 35/48 4TDs and only 1 int to give Minny a chance. I cant believe we didnt pay that man, Hes throwing 35 TDs this year I bet. 

Literally get handed two franchise quarterbacks in the same draft and **** it up somehow. Who knows what RG3 would have been like without that first year injury in the playoffs. That was totally on the team for making your franchise QB you just paid 92 first round picks for play on that garbage field injured...

Given up those picks is the main reason we don't have more impact players. Gotta believe there was 2-3 starters from those picks atleast.

9 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

Given up those picks is the main reason we don't have more impact players. Gotta believe there was 2-3 starters from those picks atleast.

Honestly, what we've done since is even more  depressing . Our top 2 picks from 2016 will likely be out of football a year from now.

23 minutes ago, Dirt said:

Boy, this is a lot of deep thinking and hate for our 1-1 team.  Meanwhile, the giants and cowboys are looking very mediocre and the super bowl champion eagles just lost.

I know we are sick and tired of starting over but we have to give them a chance....again.  The loss today is because the colts balled the **** out on us.  Wrecked the line, doc couldn't pull in a tough ball in the end zone, and Reed had a ball punched out late.  That doesn't mean our line sucks, doesn't mean doc can't haul one in, and it doesn't mean reed will fumble everything.  We've seen our o line dominate, we've seen docs ability (sometimes) and reed is arguably our best player.  

Its week 2.  We have to believe its growing pains in a new season.  And it is.  It's much less likely that its because Dan Snyder is evil or Jay Grudens an idiot or our players are counting empty seats and decide they dont care anymore, I mean what the hell? These guys are trying.  

It's as if we figure our team would be undefeated.  We got outplayed and took a loss.  Remember last year, we lost to some team, can't remember, and we were all "oh we played hard."  The next week, we WON against the 49ers, who sucked at the time, and this board blew up with hatred like we lost because we didnt stomp the 49ers hard enough.  

Your favorite football team is going to lose games.  Sometimes like this.  This one looked like out schemed.  And Jay Gruden said it out loud, so save me on the Jay deflecting blame bull****.  He needs to get his team prepared for the stunts they faced today and he knows it. Maybe it's a little hard for him to do that with his new QB, maybe it will take a few weeks.  Professional football is complicated.  

1-1.  Not scared of the packers.  We have the players and scheme to win any game against anyone, it just has to click.  We need to find more ways to click.  Can't be one dimensional.  I believe they will work on that to their best ability.  In the meantime, it's a 1-1 team that looked pretty good last week so.... relax lol

I agree it is only week two. 

This thread is depressing.  I hope Dan Snyder reads it and looks at all the empty seats in the stands and decides it is time to sell.

I still think this is the heart of the apathy.   Too many people think little of Dan.  But the kicker has been Dan has had mini Dan's run the FO -- first Vinny and now Bruce.   Vinny and Bruce in their own ways are different from Dan but they are similar in the sense that they can be douches and they are punch lines around the league.

Scot wasn't just a good move as to putting a real guy in charge (maybe he was the wrong choice because of his personal issues but the concept of a big reputation guy running the front office was spot on) but it was a PR master stroke.  Dan going back to the same old same old move -- Bruce back at the helm and a going back to the nostalgia well for the umpteenth time this time was Doug -- I think was the kicker as to fan apathy. It came off like Dan is never going to learn and doing things his way is more important than winning.

Yeah there are other things in the soup to the malaise but IMO this is the heart of the problem.  How many other fan bases are running petitions on line to fire their team presidents?  It's a Redskins thing.  It's not new.  Sad thing is many of us thought the problem was conquered when Vinny left but instead we got close enough to Vinny the sequel.  Yeah different version of dysfunction and not as bad -- but bad enough.

I think Bruce's approach to FA and pro personnel has compounded the apathy because its so boring and "meh" and I don't mean that in a good way.   The roster is filled with nonsexy players and personalities.  No Clinton Portis, Cooley types.  Too bad Guice got hurt because I thought he was a departure from the same old same old.

I think the roster is decent because they are good of late in the draft but they do so little right in FA and avoid marquee players by and large that I don't think this team can get away with 8-8 seasons because what stars are bringing people out?  For me, I'll watch them always but I know more casual fans are attracted to big names, big players, big personalities -- we have very little of that.  Maybe Peterson who they stumbled on?

Simone Love Retweeted Kevin Dunleavy

Snyder gets what he deserves @Redskins The days of blind loyalty are over. We want to see some results of where this team is heading in terms of a plan to be a contender #FireBruceAllen and get a real front office

Simone Love added,

DnO0j0hVsAEWuxR.jpg
Kevin Dunleavy @HMailKevin
Been a season-ticket holder since 1991. Never seen it this empty for a season opener. 9:25 of first qtr
0 replies2 retweets5 likes

11 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

I agree it is only week two. 

This thread is depressing.  I hope Dan Snyder reads it and looks at all the empty seats in the stands and decides it is time to sell.

I am with you about the season is young.  And I think they can turn this around.  But the lack of fan interest in the team has been talked about on talk radio -- guys like Chad Dukes say its not what it once was.  Then we have the no shows at the stadium.  So I think they are on thin ice with many fans.  And that's been building for years under Dan's incompetence.  

It's amazing to me too how he doesn't see his mistakes and keeps making a lot of the same ones.  Yeah he has fixed some of it.  But too much of the same stuff IMO still remains.

The problem with Snyder is that the Redskins brand and his own ego are more important to him than putting a competent team/staff on the field.

To have Snyder give up ownership is for him to admit failure.

Ask yourself, is that something you think little Dan Snyder would be capable of doing?

He’s taking this team with him to the grave out of spite of his own ego.

That is unfortunate to us loyal fans the most. Once we die off, there is virtually no support for this team.

Future generations don’t give a flying **** about the Redskins.

The Jaguars attract more younger fans than we do now. Better team, better management and cooler uniforms (you may think that’s arbitrary, but it is indeed effective at gaining new fans).

17 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Eventually we'll be beaten down so badly as fans we will become like Bills fans and just not care at all. I just got done reading a 20 page thread on their message board about Vontae Davis retiring at halftime and it was one of the funniest threads I've ever read, period. 

Did you stop after the 1st half :P 

2 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

The Capitals are about to become the darling of the town. Way better team, way better game experience, way better fans.

My only question is what's been taking this process so long. The Caps have been a good team for years, just couldnt beat the Pens until last year. That was probably their only roadblock from multiple Stanley Cups. 

The NFL is a lot more fun when you no longer care about the Redskins. You can switch between a bunch of other games and not be upset if a bad play happens. You can enjoy watching good football teams make big plays when it matters most. I recommend it for those that get really down about the Skins. It's definitely a multi-step process to get to this place, but it's so worth it. 

I just can’t stop pulling my hair on why we actually went through with Alex Smith as our long term QB.

What the hell did Gruden see in him? Did he pay attention to those 8 games in between his stretches of 5 and 2 admittedly great performances? Did he look at any of his tape from the other 12 years he was in the league? Did he notice how he didn’t throw a single TD to a WR in 2014?

Oh boy I love all that money we saved from Kirk. With that we got to downgrade at slot corner and sign a WR that can catch half of his targets.

6 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

I just can’t stop pulling my hair on why we actually went through with Alex Smith as our long term QB.

What the hell did Gruden see in him? Did he pay attention to those 8 games in between his stretches of 5 and 2 admittedly great performances? Did he look at any of his tape from the other 12 years he was in the league? Did he notice how he didn’t throw a single TD to a WR in 2014?

Oh boy I love all that money we saved from Kirk. With that we got to downgrade at slot corner and sign a WR that can catch half of his targets.

Maybe Gruden is an Alexsexual... you never know

8 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Go for a jog, you'll feel better. 

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The NFL is a lot more fun when you no longer care about the Redskins. You can switch between a bunch of other games and not be upset if a bad play happens. You can enjoy watching good football teams make big plays when it matters most. I recommend it for those that get really down about the Skins. It's definitely a multi-step process to get to this place, but it's so worth it. 

Me personally, I care about the redskins (biggest fan out of anyone i know), i just realize it’s only a game, so i dont let losses ruin my day :)  I was perfectly able to enjoy the pats jags game. Giants cowboys made me want to barf (cause **** them at all times 365 days a year). And I’ll enjoy seeing tomorrow nights game, bears Seahawks :D 

you all should be more like me ;)  Admit it, y’all are jealous. 

2 hours ago, Dirt said:

Boy, this is a lot of deep thinking and hate for our 1-1 team.  Meanwhile, the giants and cowboys are looking very mediocre and the super bowl champion eagles just lost.

I know we are sick and tired of starting over but we have to give them a chance....again.  The loss today is because the colts balled the **** out on us.  Wrecked the line, doc couldn't pull in a tough ball in the end zone, and Reed had a ball punched out late.  That doesn't mean our line sucks, doesn't mean doc can't haul one in, and it doesn't mean reed will fumble everything.  We've seen our o line dominate, we've seen docs ability (sometimes) and reed is arguably our best player.  

Its week 2.  We have to believe its growing pains in a new season.  And it is.  It's much less likely that its because Dan Snyder is evil or Jay Grudens an idiot or our players are counting empty seats and decide they dont care anymore, I mean what the hell? These guys are trying.  

It's as if we figure our team would be undefeated.  We got outplayed and took a loss.  Remember last year, we lost to some team, can't remember, and we were all "oh we played hard."  The next week, we WON against the 49ers, who sucked at the time, and this board blew up with hatred like we lost because we didnt stomp the 49ers hard enough.  

Your favorite football team is going to lose games.  Sometimes like this.  This one looked like out schemed.  And Jay Gruden said it out loud, so save me on the Jay deflecting blame bull****.  He needs to get his team prepared for the stunts they faced today and he knows it. Maybe it's a little hard for him to do that with his new QB, maybe it will take a few weeks.  Professional football is complicated.  

1-1.  Not scared of the packers.  We have the players and scheme to win any game against anyone, it just has to click.  We need to find more ways to click.  Can't be one dimensional.  I believe they will work on that to their best ability.  In the meantime, it's a 1-1 team that looked pretty good last week so.... relax lol

The Packers will be tough to beat. Then our next game is at New Orleans on MNF. Anything can happen week to week, but it sure feels like a 1-3 start is a strong possibility. I think that's why people are panicking or throwing in the towel already.

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Eventually we'll be beaten down so badly as fans we will become like Bills fans and just not care at all. I just got done reading a 20 page thread on their message board about Vontae Davis retiring at halftime and it was one of the funniest threads I've ever read, period. 

I read that too. This had me cracking up. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 2.05.01 AM.png

I’m looking at ticket prices for the game next week 130$ gets you a nosebleed seat....this means that the stadium will be even more empty next week or there will be more packers fans at the game no redskins fan is paying that kind of money for an out of division opponent in this day in age for the product that’s put out on the field by this organization....

To see a stadium like that in the home opener after a win is very damning, then they proceeded to show no heart and an offense incapable of more than short pass completions.  14-3 appears insurmountable for this team, even if it's a first half score.   What do they think that will do to attendance moving forward?  

I have missed 1 1/2 Redskins games since 1972, and those could not be helped.  But I'm having a hard time understanding why I would stay up to see them lose to NO.  

Just a classic, and I mean CLASSIC performance by the Skins.  Complete dud at home after a semi-impressive win.  It's comical at this point.

The 55k of fans that showed up (not all Skins fans) for the game will probably be the highest total for this season.  The apathy is strong -- this franchise is in serious trouble.....

Archived