Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Actors/Actresses Who Learned How to Fight (Versus)

Renegade7

Which Actor/Actress that learned how to fight can fight the best???  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Actor/Actress that learned how to fight can fight the best???

• Keanu Reeves
    • Michael B. Jordan
    • Tom Cruise
    • Daniel Craig
    • Liam Nelson
    • Other

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah I wouldn’t mess with Keanu. He is a man of focus, commitment..sheer will. Something as Redskins fans, we know very little about 

As a Washington Sentinels fan Keanu showed us though.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Just curious, that movie was based losely on one of our strike seasons, right?  

That might of also been the last money Keanu didn't kill somebody in.

Yes, that was based loosely on the season (1987) Gibbs won some games with replacement players.  They then went on to win the Superbowl.  The Redskins announced this year that they would give replacement players Superbowl rings.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/14/593398951/nfl-replacement-players-get-super-bowl-rings

11 hours ago, Forehead said:

I dunno, Affleck is a big dude.  I'm most familiar with Bale being a whiny asshole on set.

Jacked up Affleck looks like he could snap Bale like a twig.  

Just in the movies, Affleck's Batman literally looks like he could kill Bale's Batman just by looking at him.  And he certainly would kicked Bane's ass.  If the castings were switched, they might've had to cast somebody else as Bane because he wouldnt have looked intimidating next to Affleck.

10 hours ago, China said:

Yes, that was based loosely on the season (1987) Gibbs won some games with replacement players.  They then went on to win the Superbowl.  The Redskins announced this year that they would give replacement players Superbowl rings.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/14/593398951/nfl-replacement-players-get-super-bowl-rings

That movie was underrated for the football scenes.  Most football scenes employ the old fending off one tackler at a time trope.  They looked like they were actually playing football in that movie.  But I digress.  

I was going to say Channing Tatum, but apparenlty he wasn't too fond of the wrestling techniques he had to learn for Foxcatcher, saying he "never wanted to do it again".   Real 1-1 fights using only fists/feet turn into grappling contests most of the time (look at MMA, yeah I know they are guys who are almost pure strikers but they need to know how to handle themselves if they get grabbed).  If they were any actors who wrestled/trained MMA when they were younger, thats who I would pick.  

Edit: Looks like I missed the mark w/r/t to the Foxcatcher actors ...  Mark Ruffalo did wrestle in his youth and actually still likes the sport.  At 50 though, not sure how much he has kept up training and how well he would be able to stand up to the younger guys

4 hours ago, justice98 said:

Jacked up Affleck looks like he could snap Bale like a twig.  

38 minutes ago, zoony said:

The roid rage alone, hes like the incredible hulk

This is another interesting one i was thinking about, TK brought it up.  Affleck Batman vs Bane Batman is one thing, but actual Affleck  s Bale?  Almost like two different conversations.  Affleck's fight scenes were very choreographed, Bale has his own fighting style based on street fighting.  Have to go with Bale in real life.

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is another interesting one i was thinking about, TK brought it up.  Affleck Batman vs Bane Batman is one thing, but actual Affleck  s Bale?  Almost like two different conversations.  Affleck's fight scenes were very choreographed, Bale has his own fighting style based on street fighting.  Have to go with Bale in real life.

Bale never seemed like a credible fighter.  Or any less choreographed.  He looks like he's fighting in slow motion.  Affleck's Batman looked like he was pummeling people. Maybe it's a director/fight coordinator thing. 

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Bale never seemed like a credible fighter.  Or any less choreographed.  He looks like he's fighting in slow motion.  Affleck's Batman looked like he was pummeling people. Maybe it's a director/fight coordinator thing. 

True, my point is both of them had choreography, but Bale i believe actually knows how to fighr fight in real life.  Like if Bale meets Affleck on the street, Bale kicks his ass, hands down.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Both have those pronounced Irish nose bones, snap like a twig and bleed like a stuck pig with minimal contact.  Makes for a handsome movie star, but probably a lousy streetfighter.

Although technically i think Bale is welsh.

Keanu is the real deal.  He's heavy into that close quarters combat stuff, beyond the training and movies.  He does a lot of competitive tactical training, there are dozens of videos of him on YT on SWAT training courses, using different guns as he advances to positions and firing on targets.  Him crazy.  :headbang:

I'll probably go with Keanu. He seems to have the right temperament off the camera. You guys need to remember these guys are actors. With fight choreographers who help them rehearse a fight scene so much that it makes them look competent. But if they were walking down the street and someone walked up to them and slapped them. For most of them, not having been in a real fight and what that's like would be the biggest issue. 

Acting like a badass and actually being one are two different things. 

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

I'll probably go with Keanu. He seems to have the right temperament off the camera. You guys need to remember these guys are actors. With fight choreographers who help them rehearse a fight scene so much that it makes them look competent. But if they were walking down the street and someone walked up to them and slapped them. For most of them, not having been in a real fight and what that's like would be the biggest issue. 

Acting like a badass and actually being one are two different things

Core point of the thread.  Also add that some of them have been through so much training over the years on his to fight then the fight is choreographed.  That's how the matrix was made, they spent a good amount of time understanding those fighting styles before they ever got to the fight scenes.  I don't think that makes Keanu and expert martial artist, but no doubt he could use some of it from experience and if he went to actual classes he would be considered a fresh novice of the street, if that makes any sense.

Guys like Affleck i think are too nice overall to pick in a street fight, not savage enough in real life.

Archived