Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Actors/Actresses Who Learned How to Fight (Versus)

Renegade7

Which Actor/Actress that learned how to fight can fight the best???  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Actor/Actress that learned how to fight can fight the best???

• Keanu Reeves
    • Michael B. Jordan
    • Tom Cruise
    • Daniel Craig
    • Liam Nelson
    • Other

Had an interesting thought talking with my dad the other day about who would win a fight, Ethan Hunt or John Wick?  We realized limiting to characters wasnt justice, so it became:

With all the training these Actors have received in their action movies, which actor would win in a one on one fight?  Thats the key to this conversation, Cruise once upon a time was doing Risky Business, Reeves doing Bill and Ted.  Now we got the litany of action movies Cruise has been in versus Neo and John Wick (thats 5, sure hes done more).

But what about Matt Damon and what he's doing with Jason Bourne?  Close-Combat that's probably last i want to deal with, but then Liam Nelson in Taken has a particular set of skills as well.  Also love Daniel Craigs take on James Bond, so fn savage.

So I'm going to put a couple names and other, has to be an actor or actress that had limited to no fighting experience before becoming an Actor or Actress.  Jason Statham? Out.  Jet Li? Out. Mike Tyson, out.  Get it?

I gotta go Keanu, multiple fighting styles and one of only two people i listed over 6 feet (Liam is 6'4).  I also think Jason Bourne could wash the floor with Ethan Hunt's blood (though straight up Cruise vs Damon would be interesting).  I don't know how i feel about having women versus men, but Jessica Beil, Jennifer Garner, Kate Beckinsale are some i know could kick the average dudes ass no problem.

To make this more interesting, you can pick based on age right now or other actors in their heyday could hold their own against actors or actresses today.  Go ahead, be that person who picks Kareem Abdul Jabbar ?

@PleaseBlitz that's a good point on Cruise being the most likely to be bonkers.  My dad added that he would take Jason Bourne over Ethan Hunt, but that's because he read the books.  As good as Damon did with the character, said it still isn't as ruthless as in the books.

Keanu is just way too chill man, like Tim Duncan staring at you, assume he's normal but that's not.

@zoony, heard the same thing about Reeves, i think Cruise comes close to that level of commitment, but won't have the reach (woukd have to get dirty, which we've seen Reeves do as well)

1 minute ago, TK said:

Batman

****, which one?  Everybody besides Bale and Affleck felt borderline cartoonish when they fought.  Affleck Batman vs Bale Batman would be interwsting, in person real life on the street, think Bale could take him out.

Also has to be an actor/actress, not a character.  I've only brought up characters to show examples of them beating people up.

@Dr. Do Itch Big do you have multiple different fighting styles?  Think you too ****y to go up against somebody like that, twist ya damn arm off to point you cant feel your ankles with it.

19 minutes ago, drowland said:

John Cusack?  He's a level six black belt in kickboxing which he took up preparing to play Lloyd in Say Anything.  

Curve Ball City.  I don't think I've ever seen him use it, do i need to watch more Cusack movies?

3 minutes ago, Forehead said:

What counts as "limited to no" fighting experience.  My immediate thought was Mickey Rourke.

I'd say if i go to somebodys wiki page and you don't see obvious fighting training in their lives before making it big in movies/tv, it counts, he counts.  Why him?

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

****, which one?  Everybody besides Bale and Affleck felt borderline cartoonish when they fought.  Affleck Batman vs Bale Batman would be interwsting, in person real life on the street, think Bale could take him out.

I dunno, Affleck is a big dude.  I'm most familiar with Bale being a whiny asshole on set.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd say if i go to somebodys wiki page and you don't see obvious fighting training in their lives before making it big in movies/tv, it counts, he counts.  Why him?

30 fight amateur boxing career, growing up on the streets of Miami.  He never went pro or anything, so I didn't know if he was eligible.

Reeves has trained in a lot of stuff, including weapons.  He’s not just a guy that might fight you, piss him off enough and he might assault a compound just to get at you.

But if you asked me which of those dudes might have a corpse in his basement, it’s crazy Tom Cruise.  Bro is way too intense, both in general and in his anger towards psychiatry in particular. 

11 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I dunno, Affleck is a big dude.  I'm most familiar with Bale being a whiny asshole on set.

Check out TK's link 

11 minutes ago, Forehead said:

30 fight amateur boxing career, growing up on the streets of Miami.  He never went pro or anything, so I didn't know if he was eligible.

I'd say "no" now, similar reason id say no to Tyson.  If he did a boxing movie he wouldn't need much training, he was already doing it, at least at the amateur level.  

Mark Wahlberg is another one that comes to mind then.  No fight training that I can remember, but I know as a kid/teenager/young adult, he was pretty muscular, strong, a total racist asshole, got in several fights, had a coke habit, and did some time in prison.  You figure he can probably hold his own.

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Danny Devito

ok, Jason Statham

Can't do Statham, was already trained fighter before going into movies.  He was doing kickboxing as s kid, can see they in early part of his bio.

We may need a separate thread for actors that were fighting before then.

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Gal Gadot was legitimately in the Israeli Army, which is both pretty badass and a great excuse for me to post a picture of Gal Gadot.  

Man, I'm afraid she'd come up, she was a combat instructor in the Israeli military, but cant tell if that's guns or hand to hand.  

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Reeves has trained in a lot of stuff, including weapons.  He’s not just a guy that might fight you, piss him off enough and he might assault a compound just to get at you.

Keanu has been playing himself for a minute now, i would not kill his real dog. Go see... Keanu Reeves, in... Keanu Reeves, staring... Keanu Reeves, produced by...

Archived