Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Redskins at Cardinals

TK

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I noticed a few that he missed, and I know nothing, so I'm sure that he will see the tape, and get it fixed.  He had basically 2 weeks of practice and 11 preseason rushes.  He's got to get it timed up with the OL.  IF he stays healthy, he's going to get to 1200 or more yards.  Unless the OL melts down again with massive injuries. 

Love the quote by Peterson.. you can see it on his face on the sidelines I agree with him..

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I didn't see what happened to Sims?

Thin WR corps got thinner.

Did Quick get picked up?  I'm guessing if either of these guys is done, he's the guy who gets brought back.

Frankly, I hate to put it this way, but the 5th and 6th WRs going down shouldnt be that big a deal.  As long as the top 3 guys are upright, everybody after that are interchangeable.  Harris, Quinn, Sims, Quick, other than Quinn being the punt returner, doesnt make a whole lot of difference which ones are up. 

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Might be a thought if Harris can't return from that concussion..

As far as I can tell, nobody has picked up Quick yet.  So I'm sure that the 'Skins would look at him before Dez.  If they lost both Mr. Irrelevant and Sims, they'll need whoever they bring in to do work on ST, and Quick can do that, I'm not sure Dez can/would.

They also have 3 WRs on their practice squad they might look to bring up.  Again, my guess is they're more looking for ST work rather than WR work. 

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

No it wasn't,.. it was a smarter quarterback at play..

yeah cuz a smarter QB will always want less completions and total yrds in the 2nd half and truely depend on the other team making penalties so we move the ball, Right. But i will agree with he was smart in not turning ball over when the plays were not there.

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Frankly, I hate to put it this way, but the 5th and 6th WRs going down shouldnt be that big a deal.  As long as the top 3 guys are upright, everybody after that are interchangeable.  Harris, Quinn, Sims, Quick, other than Quinn being the punt returner, doesnt make a whole lot of difference which ones are up. 

Yeah,2 things:

1. Your 4th - 6th WRs are primarily there for Special Teams, and secondarily to fill in if there is an injury.

2. I haven't heard an update on Harris.  If he's back, then you find somebody else to return punts for Quinn.  If both are out for an extended period of time (IR) then they'll re-sign Quick, and that's that.

It's not a big deal, unless you're Mike Martz and you go 4 WR every play and take shots to Az-Hakim (or however you spell it). As an aside, that was probably the greatest collection of skill positions players ever.  Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Proehl (sp?) Az-Hakim, and they even had a good TE who I can't remember.  Any one of them could torch you.  Faulk and Warner made the whole thing go, but they were amazing. 

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I do.  They show players from scrub teams the last few years and we never get any attention. 

I just don't care.  As long as we win.  It doesn't bother me in the least.

In the off-season, people who have an optimistic outlook envision everything clicking, with everyone staying healthy and reaching their best case scenario.  That game had so many things I was hoping to see in 2018.  Big improvement on defense.  A balanced offense with many weapons able to sustain drives.  Protecting the football.  Few penalties. Little to no bonehead plays. That was fun to watch.

Now before i get too excited, I have to remind myself this was a game we were supposed to win.  We are a better team than the Cardinals. I know the spread was a pick em, and I think the Cardinals will be better than many think, but I would have been furious if they lost to this team.  We should have expected to win.

Also, this game did nothing to make me feel better about our teams ability to put teams away. I know it's only one game with smith, but if that continues to happen with smith like it did cousins, that means jay is the common denominator and it's on him. I know part of it was strategy to run the ball and kill the clock, but the second half we were very flat on offense.  A playoff team could've gotten right back into it, just like the saints did last year.

But this is the best I've felt about our team in a long time, and I was pretty excited last September.  With luck on the injury front and a few bounces our way, this team could be playing in January.  

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

As far as I can tell, nobody has picked up Quick yet.  So I'm sure that the 'Skins would look at him before Dez.  If they lost both Mr. Irrelevant and Sims, they'll need whoever they bring in to do work on ST, and Quick can do that, I'm not sure Dez can/would.

They also have 3 WRs on their practice squad they might look to bring up.  Again, my guess is they're more looking for ST work rather than WR work. 

And with Quick familiar with the offense I guess it would make more sense

7 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

yeah cuz a smarter QB will always want less completions and total yrds in the 2nd half and truely depend on the other team making penalties so we move the ball, Right. But i will agree with he was smart in not turning ball over when the plays were not there.

I'm 0-2 today.. o well... maybe the players of the Redskins are just not in to fantasy football as you?..and truely is missed spelled..it's truly...

Reed dancing..me and the ole man laughing at that during the game...

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Now before i get too excited, I have to remind myself this was a game we were supposed to win.  We are a better team than the Cardinals. I know the spread was a pick em, and I think the Cardinals will be better than many think, but I would have been furious if they lost to this team.  We should have expected to win.

I am surprised to this new narrative. Many felt we would lose this AWAY game to such a great defense. 

I wish people would just enjoy the win, and stop scrambling for excuses to why we won it so convincingly. 

26 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think you're right about the Cardinal's adjusting, but I think the entire offense relaxed a bit because they had really no confidence that Arizona could score on the defense. 

You might be right. The Redskins might have pumped the brakes a little on offense in the second half.

Hopefully, they don't make a habit of it. :)

2 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Was a good win.  Eye test told me we didn’t generate a lot of pass rush pressure, although we didn’t blitz a whole lot. Last year I felt the same and apparently we were the top QB pressure team. Which surprised me.  

I felt this too. Didn't love the pass rush, but I'm open to the possibility that maybe it wasn't as bad as I think. 

BIG TEST is next game. Do they believe the press clippings and fan accolades or do they still come out with a chip on their shoulder. Gruden has been TERRIBLE motivating the team after a "YOU LIKE THAT" game. That season ending Giants game STILL sticks in my craw. That is the only issue I have with Gruden..he doesn't motivate like Gibbs and George Allen used to..get the blood pumping mad dog like. IF he can do that..he will be a real good or great coach.

I'd love to see a motivated team like the Skins were coming off that bus for the Dallas game in army gear itching for a fight. 1982 NFC Title game I think

Miss those days

3 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I felt this too. Didn't love the pass rush, but I'm open to the possibility that maybe it wasn't as bad as I think. 

They may have been more concerned with staying in their lanes and clogging up running holes to stop Johnson than they were about blitzing Bradford.

Archived