Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Redskins at Cardinals

TK

9 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

That might be tough, because if it is raining and windy, the Redskins will need a strong rushing attack to move the football, as the passing game might prove to problematic in such terrible conditions.

Peterson and Thompson are the two best backs on the team. I would sit them later if the game is well in hand, but we will need them early.

I always get distracted by your avatar.

I get it, it's going to be tough.  But I would probably try and rotate Kelley and Perine (though his ball security is an issue) in as well.  26 carries for AP in bad weather might just be too much.  Get him 15-20 and Kelley 5-10, and then sprinkle the other guys in. 

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm so nervous about the field condition, and specifically AP being victim of bad weather and bad field conditions...

If it's sloppy out there, with people sliding around a lot, I think you're REALLY got to think about limiting his and CT's touches as best as you can.

What can you do? I mean, the entire reason you hope to avoid injuries in August is so that you have your guys for September through January. We have to play our best players while the games are competitive. I don't mind the idea of spelling Peterson and using Thompson strategically. But, if they are going to get hurt on a wet field or in a tie game, there's not much you can do to avoid that. 

Now, if we are up/down by 21 with 5 minutes left, I would agree that you can be smart with your key guys. I was actually shocked that anyone came back out for that final drive. The only way I would have put them back in was if Arizona made their 2-point conversion (making it a two-possession game). Once they missed on that I'd have had Peterson, Smith, etc. wearing a hat on the sideline. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I always get distracted by your avatar.

I get it, it's going to be tough.  But I would probably try and rotate Kelley and Perine (though his ball security is an issue) in as well.  26 carries for AP in bad weather might just be too much.  Get him 15-20 and Kelley 5-10, and then sprinkle the other guys in. 

Yeah, I usually have my battle flag up for the season by now, but being on my phone makes the change difficult. I'm still figuring out the internet on my phone. :) Besides, I think most like my current avatar better anyway. :headbang:

I get your concerns about the weather and the conditions of the field Sunday, but I just don't know how it can be avoided.

If the Redskins play Kelly and Perine way more in a winnable game like this and they're ineffective and they lose, they are really going to hear it. From the media and fans.

Not to mention how Peterson would react. He's made it clear he does not want to be babied. Or treated like a delicate old player.

The only thing we fans can do though, is keep monitoring the weather, and see what the team does accordingly. :)

19 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The only thing we fans can do though, is keep monitoring the weather, and see what the team does accordingly. :)

If every fan participated and we all took shifts opening umbrellas in the stadium, we could keep the field bone dry...we could create a pseudo-roof. 

Edit: Honestly, if yesterday is any indication of the type of team we can be, I'd welcome rainy conditions each and every Sunday. Dust off those seat cushions!

11 hours ago, Skinarchy said:

Good.post I agree 100%.

But one thing you dont debate or even mention... Dez is an upgrade

Jay G. Has said many times and I quote

"We are always looking to improve our team" 

Dez is an upgrade to a ALREADY GOOD WR corps. 

Great win ill leave Dez talk for the Dez thread. 

HTTR!!

I dont disagree that he would be a talent upgrade, I think you are right there.  Id be more concerned about what he would do to good team chemistry though, as we have seen how important that is.  Plus, we do have to give up cap room for him.  I just think we should wait a couple more games to see if hes really needed, as we barely attempted to throw downfield this game.  If we bring in Dez it alsso is worth considering that it basically takes Doctsons last shot away from him, and we NEED to know this season if he can develop.  If he cant, we have to move on, but he has to get enough targets to have a chance to show it.  

17 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Probably not as brutal as D.C. traffic. :)

ive lived in the DC area, LA area, and SF bay area. all 3 are brutal, but LA is a joke. You have like 10+ lanes of parking lot conditions that can stretch hours sometimes. took me 6 (yes SIX) hours to drive from Santa Monica to Huntington Beach one time (shouldve been under an hour). id probably rank it LA>>Bay Area>>>>DC area for ****tyness of traffic

Ioannidis and Dunbar in PFF's team of the week.  Not sure why they don't wait until tonight's games are played but anyway:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-week-1-nfl-team-of-the-week-2018

Interior Defensive Lineman

Matt Ioannidis, Washington Redskins92.2

Ioannidis saw just 27 snaps, but after a performance like that, there will be calls for him to see even more playing time. On the field for 19 pass-rushing snaps, he picked up a sack and three hurries, providing a consistent pass-rushing threat against the Cardinals.

Cornerback

Quinton Dunbar, Washington Redskins92.3

From 27 snaps in coverage, Dunbar allowed just two receptions for 10 yards and came away with an interception. All of that resulted in a passer rating allowed of just 8.3 on the day, making life miserable for Cardinals quarterback Sam Bradford.

• TK locked this topic

Archived