Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Khalil Mack trade

OVCChairman

21 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Dpoy players dont grow on trees. I would of traded 2 firsts if maybe got a 3rd jn return.

That would be more palatable to me.

Because really they are only giving up one first round pick (in 2020) if you think about it.

The 2019 first round pick is like using it on Mack. Imagine if Mack was in the 2019 draft. He would be the best player in the draft. So basically, that is what the Bears are doing.

If they got a third along with Mack, that would be a nice deal.

The Bears really intrigue me. Their front 7 is frightening with Leonard Floyd, Roquan Smith, and now Khalil Mack. And all of them are young. Not to mention they have some decent pieces on offense if Trubisky develops. Don’t get me wrong, they’re still behind the Vikings and Packers... but they’re a sneaky team who could make some Wild Card noise. 

For me, Bears gave up to much for Mack.  Bears are betting their new QB is going to be good.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24543080/chicago-bears-reach-agreement-trade-khalil-mack-oakland-raiders

The Bears gave up first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019, the source said. In addition to Mack, Chicago also gets a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2020.

4 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I really don't understand what Gruden is doing here....the team is moving to Vegas and he's gutting them of seat sellers.

Raiders obviously didn't want to pay that much for Mack.  I'd suspect that Gruden will do fine with the future draft picks as they move into LV.  The massive wave of draft picks given to him will create more then enough excitement to sell everyone on the Raiders.  Pretty smart move imo

What an idiotic move by the raiders. Legit was on the verge of playoffs til carrs leg got jacked up. Last year wasnr good and he blows up the team. If you're a coach to be and sizing up rosters...you look at that raiders and say...man i got a franchise qb, a franchise dpoy, a solid o line....decent recivers...and keep it rolling.

Rams got how many picks from us and how many of them panned out? You trade a FRANCHISE commodity for unknowns because youre cheap. Smh. Gruden will gruden. And i severely doubt he sees his 10 year plan.

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The issue for the Bears is this;  First round picks allow a team to get All-Pro talent on the field at rookie wage scale numbers.  Extremely important in the salary cap era.  To trade 2 #1 picks for a guy you sign to the highest contract in history puts a TON of stress on your cap going forward.

Plus if Trubisky is the real deal they hope he is, that's another big ass contract they're going to have to pay after the 2020 season,

I don't get the disdain for the move on the Raiders end...

I think the Bears actually made a worse move.

Two first rounders, 160M/90M guaranteed is a lot to pay a defensive end.

Yes, Khalil Mack is supremely talented. Yes, he's among the best, if not the best, pass rusher in the NFL.

No. He's not worth that contract. He was on the Raiders defense last year. How much did that help? 20th in points given up, 23rd in total yards, 30th in turnovers.  He forced one fumble and had 10.5 sacks. Those were the statlines.

Granted, the stats don't tell the entire story. Mack was getting doubled and the rest of the D wasn't stepping up. Understood. 

My knock isn't on Mack, though. Mack is a stud. But Gruden made a move that he thought benefits the team in the sense that Mack didn't put them over the top last year. That 160/90 and two first rounders can be used elsewhere to improve their team moving forward. 

Mack is a guy that you put on your team to put it over the top. The Bears think that's why they're doing. They think they have a franchise QB on a rookie deal and its time to splurge and put them over the top. 

The Raiders aren't in that position.

For the record, I would have been extremely frustrated if the Redskins made the move the Bears did.

Archived