Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Rodgers Extension

OVCChairman

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

In a true open market with no salary cap he'd probably get more.

If he did, it would be rough for the Packers. I read an article talking about how his bonus costs more than the team earned last year. They're dipping into their reserve funds to make up the difference.

We drafted the wrong Rodgers in the first round.

Edit: Just did some research on Wikipedia.  We traded a future first round pick to Denver to get Jason Campbell IMMEDIATLY after him???? Why?  Weren't the Raiders or Ravens willing to trade with us to get ahead of Green Bay????

Round Overall Name Position College
1 9 Carlos Rogers CB Auburn
1 25 Jason Campbell QB Auburn
4 120 Manuel White FB UCLA
5 154 Robert McCune LB Louisville
6 183 Jared Newberry LB Stanford
7 222 Nehemiah Broughton FB The Citadel

you really wanna give yourself a headache...  McCune played in 8 games... Broughton in 6... our 4th and 6th round picks never logged a game.  

On 8/30/2018 at 12:09 PM, hatchetwound said:

Edit: Just did some research on Wikipedia.  We traded a future first round pick to Denver to get Jason Campbell IMMEDIATLY after him???? Why?  Weren't the Raiders or Ravens willing to trade with us to get ahead of Green Bay????

What makes you think Rodgers would've succeeded here, in this environment? Just curious

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What makes you think Rodgers would've succeeded here, in this environment? Just curious

Take a look at the splits when Rodgers is playing vs when he's been out.... it's not even fair.  He makes bad teams into 10+ win teams.  

23 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

Take a look at the splits when Rodgers is playing vs when he's been out.... it's not even fair.  He makes bad teams into 10+ win teams.  

That's true, but that's also the "Now" version of Aaron Rodgers.

The one I'm talking about is the one right out of Jeff Tedford's system at Cal, who, though he had all the talent in the world, iirc had some things to iron out with his release, and either way, was afforded 3 seasons to sit.Behind Brett Favre. Playing for an offensive guru in Mike McCarthy.

My point basically is that none of those luxuries would've been found here, as we were/are constantly a team on the brink of turmoil, and at best inconsistent at developing/harnessing the talent of our players. I don't think the Rodgers we see now would be the Rodgers we would have had here, but it is fun to think about.

The one that really hurts me in particular is Dan Marino, because at that point we were a championship organization with great scouts, a great gm and great coaching.

On 8/30/2018 at 12:57 PM, OVCChairman said:
Round Overall Name Position College
1 9 Carlos Rogers CB Auburn
1 25 Jason Campbell QB Auburn
4 120 Manuel White FB UCLA
5 154 Robert McCune LB Louisville
6 183 Jared Newberry LB Stanford
7 222 Nehemiah Broughton FB The Citadel

you really wanna give yourself a headache...  McCune played in 8 games... Broughton in 6... our 4th and 6th round picks never logged a game.  

Now, now. Let's not be unfair. McCune did totaly 9 tackles in his 3 year NFL career. Not a total bust.

On 9/1/2018 at 12:09 AM, Barry.Randolphe said:

He completely deserves that money too...unlike a certain other person who shall remain nameless, otherwise his dad will track down this post and want to debate....<_<

You people really won't let go.  Your girl dumped you for a reason.  She's with a better guy now.

On 8/31/2018 at 12:30 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Well, here's the one reason: His first coach would have been Joe Gibbs.

There's no guarantee.  But he would be the most talented QB Gibbs had ever had.  Maybe he sticks around longer even with the passing of Taylor?  It's impossible to know. 

That said, if Rodgers didn't have to sit behind Favre for 4 years, would he have been as ready to play right away?  Also impossible to know.

On 8/30/2018 at 12:09 PM, hatchetwound said:

The Packers were willing to trade down, but nobody made an acceptable offer.

12 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I think tonights game is all that needs to be shown when talking about his extension. The guy is just special and I'm glad his injury wasn't serious. I love the Skins, but man is Rogers fun to watch. 

His injury may be serious. He couldn’t put any weight on his leg. When interviewed after the game, he wouldn’t say what the Dr said was wrong. He just said that he told him he was going back out to play. I have a feeling he may be done for the year, but that’s pure speculation. We will know in the next few days.

It doesn’t take away from the fact that the man is an awesome QB. He showed last night he could a historical comeback even with just one leg. Just unreal what he did.

Archived