Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Rodgers Extension

OVCChairman

26 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Physically, he has more arm strength than anybody.  He was able to keep zipping passes when he had no base to throw off of. And he was dead-on-balls accurate most of the time.

Madly impressive.

It's always been part of his game, making those throws without setting.  Part of what makes him so dangerous outside of the pocket even if he's flushed out to his weak side is his ability to hop-and-throw.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For those saying the injury wasn’t serious, it could be.  He just made it look like it wasn’t.  Sorry but my fingers are crossed it’s serious enough that he can’t start in 2 weeks.

My fingers are crossed that he's 100% healthy for the entire season but the Skins beat the Packers anyway. For starters, he's so damn good the NFL and its fans benefit from his presence, and second, would love to see him deliver losses to other NFC teams fighting for the playoffs lol....

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

My fingers are crossed that he's 100% healthy for the entire season but the Skins beat the Packers anyway. For starters, he's so damn good the NFL and its fans benefit from his presence, and second, would love to see him deliver losses to other NFC teams fighting for the playoffs lol....

I love watching him play everyone but the Redskins.  Not rooting for a big time injury, just for him to rest a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

The packers can be had, healthy Rodgers or not.  The Bears almost got them, and minus a complete defensive collapse in the 4th quarter, they could have. 

I think that our defense matches up ok against green bay.  Also, our offense SHOULD be better with Alex Smith vs. "that Mitch guy" (shout out to Bram Weinstein, who called him that during the draft.

I agree.  I don't want Aaron hurt.  It would also make Danica sad.  Nobody wants that, right? 

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He is hurt. He can probably play through it but it reminded me of RG3 late in 2012. He wasn't the same guy. Difference is Rodgers is 1000x better.

With that said even a hurt Rodgers is better than 95% of players in the league.

He couldn't plant and throw, and he couldn't move.  And he walked the team up and down the field literally on one leg.

Brady has a better overall situation in New England, because Bellichick is a better coach than McCarthy.  By a lot.  But all things being equal, I'm not sure Rodgers isn't the better QB.  Flip-flop their teams and situations, I think you might see each team with almost exactly the same success.  Both are all time greats, one is in a better situation. 

EDIT:Though in the wife/girlfriend department, it's not close.  Brady won that won by a mile.  Danica aint bad, but she's no Gisele. 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

What makes you think Rodgers would've succeeded here, in this environment? Just curious

We had Gibbs and then hired Saunders.  Gibbs can win with ANY QB.  Can you imagine if we had one like Rodgers?

13 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

The Packers were willing to trade down, but nobody made an acceptable offer.

They turned us down giving them an extra future first rounder?

For those who think wins are a QB stat, the Packers-Vikings tie has set things up perfectly to finally decide the Kirk vs Alex battle.

Redskins win next week = Alex is better since he got a win instead of a tie.

Packers win next week = Kirk is better because he got a tie instead of a loss.

Another damn tie = NFL has to work on their OT rules.

Archived