Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread


stevemcqueen1

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

in the FA 2018 thread someone quoted a tweet that the Eagles are going to let Nick Foles walk. The redskins love a splash move. If we were able to make the cap room to sign him, how would you use the draft to build around him?

 

Doubt it. Foles doesnt really fit our system and he's a buy high QB that will get a big deal. That said, He will be a starter next year which displaces another QB. 

I would rank scenarios as:

1) Draft Murray or Lock at 15

2) Draft Finley in round 4

3) Sign a cheap/buy low QB (Dalton/Bridgewater) and make a move in 2020

 

*** The more I see of Lock, the more I like him, especially at 15.

- He got better year over year even with coaching changes

- Elite tools like Mahomes/Cutler. Better game athlete than combine. Multi-sports growing up and throws from different arm angles.

- Natural swagger to his game (Mahomes/Rodgers)

- Quick release and good accuracy... accuracy is only an issue because of footwork and I think Jay/KOC can make improvements

- Moves through progressions/reads much better than I first thought. 

- Has natural/realness to him that I think teammates like. Doesn't spout off cliches (RG3) or seem to green/"Gee whizz" (Cousins)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 100% in the boat of Murray or Lock at #15. But not trading up and giving up more than a 3rd.

 

I am also 100% behind a flier on Tyree Jackson, Jarret Stidham or Ryan Finley with one of our 3rd round picks.

 

I'd prefer to trade back from #15 (unless Josh Allen falls to 15) to either the late 1st or early 2nd ... and realistically add a 3rd and 4th and a 2020 pick (likely a 2nd).

 

I do feel a little better about our drafting a QB this year knowing that O'Connell was at the Sr. Bowl looking at QBs with Smith and Doug.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

 

 

*** The more I see of Lock, the more I like him, especially at 15.

- He got better year over year even with coaching changes

- Elite tools like Mahomes/Cutler. Better game athlete than combine. Multi-sports growing up and throws from different arm angles.

- Natural swagger to his game (Mahomes/Rodgers)

- Quick release and good accuracy... accuracy is only an issue because of footwork and I think Jay/KOC can make improvements

- Moves through progressions/reads much better than I first thought. 

- Has natural/realness to him that I think teammates like. Doesn't spout off cliches (RG3) or seem to green/"Gee whizz" (Cousins)

 

I agree, and I’ll add another thing that imho goes a long way as well.  He is a charismatic type of guy it seems as well, listening to his interviews during the Senior Bowl he just comes across as being sure of himself, being able to laugh and not stumble over his words.....I know to some that’s nothing but watching some young guys and even proven vets during their speaking you would think they had a 10ft pole riding up their butt.  The more I see of this guy I’d love to see him in Burgundy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Preston Williams.

 

So is this guy the 2019 version of Antonio Callaway? 1st round talent --- off the field issues --- projected 5th to UDFA that ends up having a team take him in R3?

 

He had 2 years at Tennessee before transferring to Colorado State. He's 6'4 209 and had 1,400 yards and 12 TDs in basically his only real season, as his two years at Tennessee had a combined 200 or so yards.

 

For a team that needs a dynamic WR in a draft loaded with WRs, I wonder if that's a guy we target in the 3rd round if we don't address WR earlier.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@stevemcqueen1 First of all, great job finding those plays to contrast.  I’m on my phone, so I should watch them on a bigger screen before I say much, but...

1) Lock definitely has a more lively arm, you’ll get no argument from me there.  It’s the first thing you notice about him - it really jumps off the screen at you.  Absolutely elite trait for him.  Grier, on the other hand, is closer to average in this regard.  Grier reminds me a bit of Chad Pennington, though I think he has more arm strength than Pennington did when he came out.  

2) To me, it looks like maybe that throw is Grier’s second read (which makes a bit of sense considering down/distance) - like he’s checking on the safety to see if they roll toward the outside to cover the deeper route, or checking the leverage on the corner out the far side.  You can see his helmet move a bit left of center after receiving the snap.  Or maybe it was his first read and he’s looking off the MLB.  If the latter, perhaps that was a mistake given the corner’s positioning.  

3)  On Lock’s play, the defender is playing off/deep, so it’s an easier read/play and makes it easier for the receiver to win (still impressive how quick he got it out there, not taking anything away from him).  I have to think that, seeing the defender coming up to make a play, Grier was more concerned about putting the ball where only his guy could get it.  

4)  I think Grier should have checked to a different play (honestly, I don’t know if that was something he could do), or it was a poor play call, or he should have turned down the throw (if he could within the design).  

5.  Just FYI, Grier tore up his ankle at some point in that game (and then played injured vs OU and OSU), but odds say it wasn’t in the first.  

 

Regarding the Minishew comp, similar issues for me.  Mineshew had a rusher in his face and an open, single covered man.  Grier had more time, but a linebacker to worry about.  So it, at least partially, becomes a matter of perspective - if accuracy generally suffers by degrees dependent on throwing velocity, then perhaps both qbs did what made sense in the moment.  On the other hand, some qbs don’t seem to lose accuracy with higher velocity.  Generally speaking, I think those are the truly impressive qb prospects (though that can be balanced out when paired with obvious weaknesses, like making reads, crumbling under pressure, etc.).    I saw almost the exact same play broken down where Grier put the ball on the back shoulder of his receiver.  Someone could watch that and say he missed the throw because the receiver had no chance at YAC, yet... very good chance the linebacker picks it off if he tries to put in front of the receiver.  

 

I’ve seen some concern about Grier’s tight window throws, and I kind of get it.  He doesn’t have the elite zip to fire them in there, usually winning with accuracy instead.  Hence my Pennington comp.   I could see an Alex Smith comp too actually, except far more willing to attack downfield.  An aggressive version of Smith (more like the 2017 version of Smith, but behind the learning curve being a rook), which would probably lead to more turnovers early on.  

 

i would be hesitant to say Grier could start from day 1 if he were to operate mostly under center (though I think he could handle learning a system well enough to).  On the other hand, I think he’d fit nicely into the offense Gruden ran last year - lots of shotgun and some RO/RPO.  The offense would certainly look flashier and more aggressive I think, though we’d lose some of the safe, field position elements and Grier likely turns the ball over more.  Maybe a lot more.  

 

I also think Grier would probably be really good for Doctson and his accuracy/anticipation would mesh well with Quinn on shorter and intermediate routes.  It would be fun to pair him with a deep receiver (Campbell/Brown/Samuel, for example) and watch them develop chemistry.  

 

I like this breakdown of Grier - really backs the analysis up with metrics, though I confess, I’m not sure if I’m reading some of them correctly, lol.  

 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/21/2019-contextualized-quarterbacking-west-virginia-qb-will-grier/

 

@volsmetI hear you in terms of what I think - had the same thought as I was posting, but felt like I’d gone over it a bunch already in prior posts.  I like the idea of picking a game.  I’ll look into it when I have a bit more time (and I’ll try not to use the Tennessee game, lol).  Speaking of picking a game, I wonder how much we miss out on only finding (usually) a handful or fewer games for each prospect.  Like, how many people putting together cut ups decide to put the work in on a poor game for a prospect?  How much does this influence our perspectives?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

What you've identified are differences in perspective.  For every prospect, you're going to see plays where their mechanics look right and plays where they mess up.  There are plays with Grier where you can absolutely see a quick release and an accurate off balance arm throw.  Those are probably the throws that the people who are saying he does those things well have in mind.  Different perspectives are why two evaluators can reach opposite conclusions after watching the same tape.  But one person's perspective is going to end up being wrong because it wasn't as broad and complete as the other's.

 

When you see something a majority of the time, then that's usually the guy telling you who he is as a player.  So getting the biggest picture you can is the real key to increasing the accuracy of evaluation.  That's why I've claimed that player evaluation is really just a gestalt analysis and getting better at evaluation really comes down to gaining experience, which increases the scope of your perspective.

 

I see a long release with consistency.  I actually see it on most of his throws.  He can and does shorten his release on the underneath stuff like his throws into the flats.  But not when he's got to drive it.  And I see him falling off a ton of throws even from the pocket.  I see ball placement suffering as a result.  I see rip throws getting swatted by the underneath coverage.

 

When you add it all up, it paints the picture that:

1 - He's got lazy feet and might have some conditioning/coordination limitations that explain his lousy pocket footwork

2 - He doesn't have the same kind of arm talent as the first round tier of QBs in the class

 

A primary way to gain perspective is to compare players to other players.  Puts them in context.  It's easier to see things like release speed/point than it is to read about them, so compare these two similar throws:

 

giphy.gif

 

 

giphy.gif

 

 

Both of these are three yard curls against off coverage with inside leverage.  Look at the difference in release speed and placement.  Look at the difference in velocity.  Look at the difference in balance as they complete the backfoot throw.  Keep in mind that Grier's throw was unpressured too, and that he's throwing boundary-side not field-side like Lock.  Lock's throw shows off what a strong arm and fast release actually looks like.  He shortened the release and changed the slot to get around the blitzer and armed the ball to the receiver on time and on the money and it gave the receiver a chance to beat the closing defender.  Grier threw an off balance duck that took too long to get there.  Plus he doesn't have the arm to throw inside against that leverage like Lock does, so he placed the ball short and outside and the receiver had zero chance to drive up field and make a play after the catch.

 

One play, I know.  But if you watch these guys long enough, you'll see the same dynamic play out over and over again.

 

An angel got its wings when this post was submitted to the forum.

 

Ben-Stiller-ClapCry.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Another comparison, this time between Grier and Gardner Minshew:

 

 

 

giphy.gif

 

Look at the difference in these two rip throws on post routes.  Minshew's throwing against a blitz instead of underneath coverage, but look how much faster Minshew's release is.  And how much better his velocity and placement are.  Grier is a step late on the throw, and he isn't fast enough and strong enough to stick that throw off schedule and the rover has plenty of time to make a play on the ball.

 

 

 

Not to mention, Sills was running his route into the area the blitz just vacated & an inside route cleared, that ought to be an easy first down for an experienced QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

 

 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/21/2019-contextualized-quarterbacking-west-virginia-qb-will-grier/

 

@volsmetI hear you in terms of what I think - had the same thought as I was posting, but felt like I’d gone over it a bunch already in prior posts.  I like the idea of picking a game.  I’ll look into it when I have a bit more time (and I’ll try not to use the Tennessee game, lol).  Speaking of picking a game, I wonder how much we miss out on only finding (usually) a handful or fewer games for each prospect.  Like, how many people putting together cut ups decide to put the work in on a poor game for a prospect?  How much does this influence our perspectives?

 

Im going to watch all of Grier’s throws, he was injured two years in a row, something you touched on, I’ll see if he’s got something more in games early in the season. I’ve made it through 4 Haskins games, 1 up, 3 down, plenty to go. I posted Haskins & Grier clips to illustrate what I saw, not to belabor any point, it’s just the easiest way to convey what I’m noticing. I don’t watch a ton of college football during the season, I watch every NFL game in the fall & in the winter I get to college, so I’m behind you guys on all of these prospects. 

 

I want to post every Grier throw of a game you like to eliminate any perceived biases, I don’t have any rooting interest in the outcome for any player that isn’t a Vol. Incidentally, loading up in 2020 would give us a decent shot at moving up to 1.1 for Guarantano.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

MMQ mock draft

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/29/nfl-mock-draft-2019-dwayne-haskins-daniel-jones-drew-lock?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=themmqb

 

Kyler Murray late first round.  D. Jones in the top 10.

 

I can't recall a draft with so many divergent opinions on Qbs with the exception of Hankins.  My default position is I wouldn't trade up for anyone unless its cheap.  If Jones falls top 15, I'd skip him.  If Murray falls there or Lock, I'd take either one.  If Murray is still there at 12 and you can leapfrog the Dolphins with giving up a 3rd rounder, I'd do it.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyler Murray's best NFL fits: Redskins, Giants lead the way

 
 
 
Print
  • gil_brandt-110726_65.jpg
  • By Gil Brandt
  • NFL Media senior analyst
  • Published: Jan. 18, 2019 at 01:52 p.m.
  • Updated: Jan. 18, 2019 at 05:45 p.m.

 

The bottom line is, Murray is an exciting prospect. He's going to be taking off and running (he racked up 1,001 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns in 2018), as well as slinging the ball around. He's a make you stand up and say whoa kind of player. He's going to be one of the most talked-about and dissected prospects in recent memory.

While we wait to see what's in store for Murray, I've identified the eight best landing spots for the quarterback below. Note that this list weights opportunity and team fit more heavily than it does the likelihood that he ends up on one of these teams, though it is conceivable at this point that all 32 teams could have a chance.

1) Washington Redskins

 

Washington is in something of a bind for 2019. Though Alex Smith might not be able to play in 2019, depending on how he recovers from the leg injury that ended his 2018 season prematurely and led to an infection, the team still owes him quite a sum. Murray could provide a youthful -- and affordable -- spark at the position the likes of which the Redskins haven't seen since Robert Griffin III dazzled his way to the 2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year award. After hovering around .500 and missing the playoffs for three straight seasons, this franchise could use an infusion of excitement. Murray, who succeeded at a higher level than anyone thought he would at Oklahoma in 2018, is the kind of guy who is just going to make things happen, and he could reinvigorate this fan base.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011423/article/kyler-murrays-best-nfl-fits-redskins-giants-lead-the-way?campaign=tw-nf-sf206275598-sf206275598&sf206275598=1

 

 

 

  •  
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm warming to Murray, but doesn't he also suffer from some of the same drawbacks of the other QB's? His sample size is very small, and he played with elite level talent. I have a hard tome projecting him to the skins, with no one open and without super creative play calling. If we draft Murray, can we also trade for Andy Reid?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

 

Originally I thought Jones was going to be a great backup QB, and a quality selection with a 2nd rounder.  Lately, I'm with you, I think he falls further.

 

That said, Lock still isn't in the first tier for me.  There's too many issues in his game, and it'll take time for him to resolve.  I think he needs to sit for a year or two, and that's not our teams current situation.  If we drafted him, I don't think he develops well...he'll be tossed into the fray too early.

The Army wouldn’t draft Jones 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, volsmet said:

 

I don’t watch a ton of college football during the season, I watch every NFL game in the fall & in the winter I get to college, so I’m behind you guys on all of these prospects. 

 

 

I am the opposite on the QBs in that i did watch most of them during the college season but i haven't really spent the time to rewatch them yet.  I'll get to it soon so it might change my opinions.  Aside from the Senior Bowl, its been a long time since I've watched these guys aside from highlights.

 

16 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The more we dissect QB's, the happier I am with getting Rypien with our 3rd round comp pick, or 4th round if we traded back or something.

 

Me too.  And its not because i am sold on Rypien or name that other potential 3rd-4th rounder type in this draft -- Finley, Stidham, etc.  It's because I can't really see a scenario in this draft that will unfold that I'd love.  If I had to pick one it would be Murray falling to 15.    But otherwise, I like but don't love Haskins so I wouldn't trade up high to get him.  Ditto Lock.  And everyone else I am not convinced are franchise guys.   The more I think about it, I don't even liking using a 2nd rounder on a QB, we have the 13th pick in the 2nd round, we can get potentially a stud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

3)  On Lock’s play, the defender is playing off/deep, so it’s an easier read/play and makes it easier for the receiver to win (still impressive how quick he got it out there, not taking anything away from him).  I have to think that, seeing the defender coming up to make a play, Grier was more concerned about putting the ball where only his guy could get it.   

 

Lock had a free blitzer in his throwing lane though.  Most QBs can't make a fieldside throw like that.  They'd have to either check out of the playfake presnap or scramble out to the left immediately to avoid the sack/throwaway.  It was a much harder play to make.  Grier's placement wasn't very good and it's clearly a result of throwing off balance.  He had to throw it outside against that leverage, but he also threw it short and the receiver had to come back for it.  But him having to throw it outside on an inside breaking route against inside leverage is my point about him not being in Lock's/Murray's/Haskins's world.  Lock could have stuck that throw inside without any issue.  Grier just doesn't have that kind of arm talent.

 

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Regarding the Minishew comp, similar issues for me.  Mineshew had a rusher in his face and an open, single covered man.  Grier had more time, but a linebacker to worry about.  

 

I think Grier had two issues on this play.  First, he probably should have read the rover better and not thrown the post.  I'm not too concerned about this because QBs misread plays from time to time and I like when they push the ball to their vertical options with aggression, even when it doesn't work out.  It was a weird defense and it was early in the game.

 

But once he made the decision to throw the post, his problem was that he fell off schedule.  He needed to throw it as the WR made his break but he waited a couple steps and that's all it took for the rover to reach the throwing lane.  You just don't have much of a margin for error when you have an average arm.

 

Realistically, you're going to make slow reads.  You're going to hesitate from time to time.  You're going to fall off schedule.  Having the ability to cope with this is why I want our next starting QB to have a good arm.

 

I can see the Pennington/Smith comparison as a best case scenario for him, but I think both of them were a good deal better than Grier.  Alex Smith is a really good athlete and his feet are a lot cleaner and Pennington was super accurate.  I think Grier is a Colt McCoy with a sturdier build.  I think his best traits are that he's tough and aggressive and his accuracy is good, if not elite.  But I just don't see a lot of upside in him.  He's going to be a 24 year old rookie and he's not as gifted as the really good kids in this year's class.  I think he can hold down a job in the NFL, but one thing he's going to have to do in order to stick around is improve his footwork.  He does not have the arm to get away with being so lazy in his mechanics against NFL coverage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kyler Murray's best NFL fits: Redskins, Giants lead the way

 
 
 
Print
  • gil_brandt-110726_65.jpg
  • By Gil Brandt
  • NFL Media senior analyst
  • Published: Jan. 18, 2019 at 01:52 p.m.
  • Updated: Jan. 18, 2019 at 05:45 p.m.

 

The bottom line is, Murray is an exciting prospect. He's going to be taking off and running (he racked up 1,001 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns in 2018), as well as slinging the ball around. He's a make you stand up and say whoa kind of player. He's going to be one of the most talked-about and dissected prospects in recent memory.

While we wait to see what's in store for Murray, I've identified the eight best landing spots for the quarterback below. Note that this list weights opportunity and team fit more heavily than it does the likelihood that he ends up on one of these teams, though it is conceivable at this point that all 32 teams could have a chance.

1) Washington Redskins

 

Washington is in something of a bind for 2019. Though Alex Smith might not be able to play in 2019, depending on how he recovers from the leg injury that ended his 2018 season prematurely and led to an infection, the team still owes him quite a sum. Murray could provide a youthful -- and affordable -- spark at the position the likes of which the Redskins haven't seen since Robert Griffin III dazzled his way to the 2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year award. After hovering around .500 and missing the playoffs for three straight seasons, this franchise could use an infusion of excitement. Murray, who succeeded at a higher level than anyone thought he would at Oklahoma in 2018, is the kind of guy who is just going to make things happen, and he could reinvigorate this fan base.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011423/article/kyler-murrays-best-nfl-fits-redskins-giants-lead-the-way?campaign=tw-nf-sf206275598-sf206275598&sf206275598=1

 

 

 

  •  

If we did select Murray who would be a clone QB that has the same type qualities that we could get (draft or vet) that fits his mold if he were injured so our O wouldn't miss a beat?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Starting to digest Devin Singletary, same school that Alfred Morris went to, which is about an 30 minutes away from where I live.   He has insane balance, wiggle, elusiveness in space, good hands too.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1) The block at the 5 second mark is glorious.

2) I watched that game, I bet on FIU. Covers get no more fortunate.

 

Sinletary is a phenomenal prospect, I doubt he gets to us in 2. 

 

As far as what you shared about round 2, that’s where I’m at, we get Lock, Haskins, or Murray in 1 or we wait until 4-6 if we take one at all. Rypien is the late round prospect I like most at this point. Round 2 doesn’t seem like a QB heavy round these days.

43 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If we did select Murray who would be a clone QB that has the same type qualities that we could get (draft or vet) that fits his mold if he were injured so our O wouldn't miss a beat?

 

Tyrod may be the guy for that job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RWJ said:

If we did select Murray who would be a clone QB that has the same type qualities that we could get (draft or vet) that fits his mold if he were injured so our O wouldn't miss a beat?

 

Actually Josh Johnson wouldn't be a mile away.  But heck you can probably get that backup in this draft in the later rounds, plenty of RPO-RO spread style QBs.  Kyle Murray is more dynamic obviously than any of other guys in the draft but you can find QBs who run that style of offense. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Singletary reminds me of Ameer Abdullah at first blush.  Lateral athleticism is truly dynamic.  Tremendous balance and lean.  He's a hard one to square up and hit.

 

Looks like he has skinny legs though.  At his size, might be limited in his workload like Chris Thompson.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I am finding my two passions about the QB class

 

Getting more pumped about Kyler Murray

And down on Daniel Jones

I am still sorting my takes on the other QBs 😀

 

This is from a dude who met Jones at the Senior Bowl

 

Mike Margittai Football @DraftMaverick
FollowFollow @DraftMaverick
More
Replying to @NFLDraftBites

exactly what he is.. from day 1 observations in person at Senior Bowl, he was quiet, seemingly shy.. mostly talking down and avoiding eye contact.. post-game it was night and day going from boisterous, excited Tyree Jackson to him.. had to get close to even hear him.. big concern

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

Lock had a free blitzer in his throwing lane though.  Most QBs can't make a fieldside throw like that.  They'd have to either check out of the playfake presnap or scramble out to the left immediately to avoid the sack/throwaway.  It was a much harder play to make.  Grier's placement wasn't very good and it's clearly a result of throwing off balance.  He had to throw it outside against that leverage, but he also threw it short and the receiver had to come back for it.  But him having to throw it outside on an inside breaking route against inside leverage is my point about him not being in Lock's/Murray's/Haskins's world.  Lock could have stuck that throw inside without any issue.  Grier just doesn't have that kind of arm talent.

 

 

I think Grier had two issues on this play.  First, he probably should have read the rover better and not thrown the post.  I'm not too concerned about this because QBs misread plays from time to time and I like when they push the ball to their vertical options with aggression, even when it doesn't work out.  It was a weird defense and it was early in the game.

 

But once he made the decision to throw the post, his problem was that he fell off schedule.  He needed to throw it as the WR made his break but he waited a couple steps and that's all it took for the rover to reach the throwing lane.  You just don't have much of a margin for error when you have an average arm.

 

Realistically, you're going to make slow reads.  You're going to hesitate from time to time.  You're going to fall off schedule.  Having the ability to cope with this is why I want our next starting QB to have a good arm.

 

I can see the Pennington/Smith comparison as a best case scenario for him, but I think both of them were a good deal better than Grier.  Alex Smith is a really good athlete and his feet are a lot cleaner and Pennington was super accurate.  I think Grier is a Colt McCoy with a sturdier build.  I think his best traits are that he's tough and aggressive and his accuracy is good, if not elite.  But I just don't see a lot of upside in him.  He's going to be a 24 year old rookie and he's not as gifted as the really good kids in this year's class.  I think he can hold down a job in the NFL, but one thing he's going to have to do in order to stick around is improve his footwork.  He does not have the arm to get away with being so lazy in his mechanics against NFL coverage.

One place I agree with you is if you’re gambling on Lock hitting his ceiling the reward isn’t merely good or even great arm talent. IMO we’re talking arm talent that doesn’t come around often. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Devin Singletary looks great. There is no way however that I think he will be the best value in the 2nd round. There are too many quality defenders. Some are going to fall. There should be some very good OL and receivers.

 

That said, if Singletary is the BPA by a significant margin, take him. I'm still fuming over having passed on Adrian Peterson and Aaron Rogers. I just looked up what we got out of trading down and taking Kerrigan instead of JJ Watt. It's an embarrassment. We essentially traded JJ Watt and the 144th pick for Ryan Kerrigan, Leonard Hankerson, Roy Helu, Dejon Gomes and Aldrick Robinson. We got taken and it could have been much worse. We are lucky that Ryan Kerrigan has been so good for so long. 

 

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/16049/revisiting-the-redskins-2011-draft-class

 

 

Also, this might be the least awe inspiring highlight video I've ever seen. 


Daniel Jones looks like he has grossly inadequate arm strength. His college stats were garbage. By most accounts he looked worse than expected all week at the Senior bowl. And he's going to go in the first or second? Why? Because he is tall? Because he had a coach that previously coached someone else that was actually good? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I still find it difficult to understand why Ameer Abdullah hasn't had a better NFL career.  At the very worst, he should have been a better version of Chris Thompson.

 

I agree, I thought he’d be special, I think he could be in NE or N.O. Guys like him are interesting, Dion Lewis is the most fascinating example of perseverance & opportunity from that category of back. I don’t think he’s much better than others casted similarly, but he refused to quit putting himself on film & fighting for a roster spot. I always thought Aaron Green had the ability to be a special 7-12 touch a game guy. I’m a little surprised teams don’t put more than one of these guys on the field at the same time, these guys are impossible to defend out of the backfield & the slot, the versatility & off script play making ability is invaluable. Guards & 3rd down backs are the most underrated positions in the game, imho. 

 

 

 

24 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

One place I agree with you is if you’re gambling on Lock hitting his ceiling the reward isn’t merely good or even great arm talent. IMO we’re talking arm talent that doesn’t come around often. 

 

Who do you want in the first  2 rounds Berggy? If not a certain player, what positions? I checked your profile to see if I could see if I missed your post but I was only able to find a passion for the game of futbol. 

 

#JuventusStrong 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...