Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

On 10/30/2018 at 10:26 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Vikings board has a 5 page thread about AP...in the actual Vikings forum, not some other off topic place

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34354

Yeah, it went from 

by Rhodes Closed

This is a disaster waiting to happen for the Redskins.

To

by MegatronFozzy

AD is the reason the ‘Skins are 5-2.

This guy is still amazing to watch.

6 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Yeah, it went from 

This is a disaster waiting to happen for the Redskins.

To

AD is the reason the ‘Skins are 5-2.

This guy is still amazing to watch.

I can't stand fans like that.  Don't compliment him now.....you were saying it would be a disaster a few months ago.  smh

From Riggo to AP.  Hard to believe after all of these years it seems that

the Redskins have finally found the long lost old school Skins formula of smash mouth football, OL dominating at the point of attack, relentless defense up front.  **** just finally having a damn identity.  I love this **** !

Got our mojo back, baby, yeah!

4EE56B24-ED55-4278-BA41-9F4810A45926.jpeg

If this guy gets banged up, we won't win the division. That's a crazy good late UFA move, just troubling that we're that one dimensional on offense.

Question, what do you guys think of bringing AP back next season? I know it will be Guice's time to take control of the offense but with him coming off of ACL surgery and AP taking so many carries at 34, should we divide up the first down back handoffs between the two, given their potential risk factor?

I'd imagine we want Guice to be the bulk carrier next year but AP still has that vet experience Guice has yet to gain for getting the most out of every carry. The only probalem with that is, AP is more of a momentum runner but it would save him some wear and tear if he wants to play another couple seasons.

1 hour ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Question, what do you guys think of bringing AP back next season? I know it will be Guice's time to take control of the offense but with him coming off of ACL surgery and AP taking so many carries at 34, should we divide up the first down back handoffs between the two, given their potential risk factor?

I'd imagine we want Guice to be the bulk carrier next year but AP still has that vet experience Guice has yet to gain for getting the most out of every carry. The only probalem with that is, AP is more of a momentum runner but it would save him some wear and tear if he wants to play another couple seasons.

I would absolutely bring AP back if the price isn't too steep.  And I wouldn't really change his role for next year.  If it ain't broke don't fix it, but also given guice is coming off an acl and would still have two more years under contract after next. We would still have plenty of time to see what we have in guice before he earns that second contract, and if we can save him some wear and tear while he looks up to a legend to learn how to prepare, seems like a no brainier. 

It's all about price tag and signability.  And if the skins finish strong and Peterson feels we can make a title run next year, maybe we won't have to blow him out of the water with a multi year big money deal to get him back

On 10/31/2018 at 11:36 PM, Vanguard said:

I can't stand fans like that.  Don't compliment him now.....you were saying it would be a disaster a few months ago.  smh

So people can’t predict one thing in preseason and end up being wrong about it and giving the guy props while he’s playing good now (basically admitting that they were wrong)? Not everybody is going to be right about their predictions in August. 

Fot example my dad said when we signed Peterson that he’s probably too old. Now, he’s been saying for the past few weeks how wrong he was, and saying he’s been impressed with Peterson. Nothing wrong with that ??‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So people can’t predict one thing in preseason and end up being wrong about it and giving the guy props while he’s playing good now (basically admitting that they were wrong)? Not everybody is going to be right about their predictions in August. 

Fot example my dad said when we signed Peterson that he’s probably too old. Now, he’s been saying for the past few weeks how wrong he was, and saying he’s been impressed with Peterson. Nothing wrong with that ??‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

Soo.... like Cooleyfan said, people aren't allowed to be wrong... or if they are they aren't allowed to have a change of heart?  

I think it's better to admit you were wrong than doubling down on it. I'm wrong a lot. It's all good. I was right about Peterson, but I was wrong on a whole bunch of others. I though Doctson was gonna be great by this time. Missed that boat by a country mile. I can admit that. I think that's a good thing.

Just now, Morneblade said:

I think it's better to admit you were wrong than doubling down on it. I'm wrong a lot. It's all good. I was right about Peterson, but I was wrong on a whole bunch of others. I though Doctson was gonna be great by this time. Missed that boat by a country mile. I can admit that. I think that's a good thing.

:cheers:

I gotcha bud, just saw a couple posts that were criticizing Vikings fans for changing their tune... just didnt agree that they didnt have that right.  

Just now, OVCChairman said:

:cheers:

I gotcha bud, just saw a couple posts that were criticizing Vikings fans for changing their tune... just didnt agree that they didnt have that right.  

I saw, I was agreeing with you. :cheers:

Fact is, we're all wrong at one time or another. It's part of being human.

Just now, OVCChairman said:

AHEM... golden tate... AHEM :P

He, or Alex hasn't proven me wrong. Neither has proven you wrong either. Fact is, since he is not here, there is no way to prove either one of us right, or wrong. All we can do is consider what data we do have and try to extrapolate from there.

Plus........................................................I'm never wrong.:drooley:

:rofl89:

I'd definitely bring AP back. His presence alone is one of the only reasons that Gruden is actually running the doggone ball; should've run it more in that Indy game...still miffed about that, but we stunk it up that day all around.

I like players like AP -- they work hard in the off-season and take care of their bodies. The young kids could learn a lot from people like him and Rev. Swearinger.

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No it's simple, don't be an extremist.  It's not smart.  History has proven this.  Changing your opinion is fine.  But it looks bad when you go from one extreme to another.

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

No it's simple, don't be an extremist.  It's not smart.  History has proven this.  Changing your opinion is fine.  But it looks bad when you go from one extreme to another.

but isn't what the Vikings fans were doing just them changing their opinion? their opinion back in august was that it would be a disaster for the redskins. now, after seeing or hearing about what he has been doing, they (like most people) are saying that he is the reason the redskins are 5-2. so, like I said, I don't see anything wrong with that. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

but isn't what the Vikings fans were doing just them changing their opinion? their opinion back in august was that it would be a disaster for the redskins. now, after seeing or hearing about what he has been doing, they (like most people) are saying that he is the reason the redskins are 5-2. so, like I said, I don't see anything wrong with that. 

Yes it's okay to be wrong, it happens.  I'm just one of those people that has a thing about this subject. :unsure:

Archived