Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

10 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This doesn't get said enough.  This whole thing is a huge waste of time.  I guarantee everyone already knows how they are voting.  Everything else is grandstanding.  Decisions are made in smoke filled back rooms.  I have no faith in any politicians, on either side.  

The Dems are really only talking to two particular Republican senators. I actually think it has a chance of working. Collins and Lisa Murkowski both said specifically that they are ok with Kavanaugh because he told them specifically that he sees Roe v Wade as settled law. But the dems have gone through releasing these emails that show he doesn't think that at all. Not even a little. So rather that changes one of their minds or not, it puts a little more heat on them from their constituents. Neither of them can afford to lose the female vote. And they absolutely will if dems use this against them when the time comes. More of a warning shot than anything. 

On top of that, they even brought up the Alaska thing. When Kav doesn't think Alaskan natives deserve constitutional protections as Native Americans. And Murkowski is senator of......Alaska. So they are directing the message to vulnerable votes. It may not work, but a commendable strategy and probably the only way they can win this one. Remember that if the dems stay unified they only need 2 votes. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yep. Totally classless move too. 

Agreed.  In a room full of classlessness, that was one of the worst. 

23 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Brett Kavanaugh CANNOT be confirmed. He eats his spaghetti with ketchup. A person who tops pasta with ketchup (or catsup) cannot be trusted.

Pastagate?

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

The Dems are really only talking to two particular Republican senators. I actually think it has a chance of working. Collins and Lisa Murkowski both said specifically that they are ok with Kavanaugh because he told them specifically that he sees Roe v Wade as settled law. But the dems have gone through releasing these emails that show he doesn't think that at all. Not even a little. So rather that changes one of their minds or not, it puts a little more heat on them from their constituents. Neither of them can afford to lose the female vote. And they absolutely will if dems use this against them when the time comes. More of a warning shot than anything. 

On top of that, they even brought up the Alaska thing. When Kav doesn't think Alaskan natives deserve constitutional protections as Native Americans. And Murkowski is senator of......Alaska. So they are directing the message to vulnerable votes. It may not work, but a commendable strategy and probably the only way they can win this one. Remember that if the dems stay unified they only need 2 votes. 

If they vote against him they will get primaried and destroyed by the GOP machine.  If this was taking place in a non election year and the gop would have the chance to confirm a different Justice, then maybe.  But knowing that the GOP is at risk of losing the senate and losing the ability to replace Kennedy they have to vote yes. 

17 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If they vote against him they will get primaried and destroyed by the GOP machine.  If this was taking place in a non election year and the gop would have the chance to confirm a different Justice, then maybe.  But knowing that the GOP is at risk of losing the senate and losing the ability to replace Kennedy they have to vote yes. 

That makes sense. If I was the GOP I would absolutely pressure them to vote our way anyway. Lose lose for them. 

1 hour ago, SoulSkin said:

Looks like she's texting with someone and may be in cahoots with them, and it is classless.

Seems to me like she's trying to screw with people on purpose now.  Not exactly rising above it.  Though I have to admit, until yesterday, I had zero idea that the ok symbol had been co-opted by white power groups.

8 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Seems to me like she's trying to screw with people on purpose now.  Not exactly rising above it.  Though I have to admit, until yesterday, I had zero idea that the ok symbol had been co-opted by white power groups.

I just don't believe that there's any way that she doesn't know, especially after the first time people started pointing it out. Yeah, she's screwing with people, but why  do that when you know that some very racist and screwed up people have sort of hijacked that gesture. It's moronic, at best.

• Like 1

Yes, you can find many photos of many people making the OK hand signal including Obama and Clinton etc .... with the intent being to say "okay".

When white nationalists do it, its intent is not to say "okay". 

If you think its the same, thats your right and choice. I think its going out of your way to ignore context to discredit what others think is white nationalists, I gotta wonder ... why are you putting yourself on the same sideline as white nationalists? To trigger snowflakes and libbies? Thats a great way to go through life. 

Enjoy your time in the sun white nationalist republicans. The world is currently yours. Cant argue that. But is this how republicans want to be remembered? The time you had control of the entire US government and you are doing it in this fashion? Enjoy it while it lasts. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, twa said:

we need a poll to see how many here think she is a white nationalist. ?

A more accurate poll would be how many think she was intentionally making a known (co-opted) white power hand signal. But I suspect we've moved on from all of this since not one GOP Senator cares about Kavanaugh repeatedly perjuring himself. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Regarding Bash, she can't be that obtuse after the initial uproar, though the poll I'd also like to see is, before yesterday, how many everyday folks knew that the OK symbol was a white power symbol.  That was my one new thing I learned.

Regarding Pink's post a few above with the collage, what the ****?  It wasn't enough that they co-opted "OK"...looking specifically at the upper right and lower right pictures...now they've stolen the way I make a shadow puppet dog on the wall, when playing with my kids?  **** them.

• Haha 1