Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

Btw Kavanaugh has to answer those questions (in writing if needed).

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b982a36e4b0511db3e6e487/amp?ncid=NEWSSTAND0001

"All judicial nominees must address all questions posed to them to be voted out of committee,” Davidson said.

Questions about how a justice is reimbursed and by whom, or about the true source of their debt, are not immaterial to the job. Cases can come before the court that involve individuals, or individuals employed by companies, that the justice will have to rule on. If a justice has undisclosed debts or receives undisclosed payments, their impartiality could come into question.

This is precisely what happened with Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas. When President Lyndon Johnson chose Fortas to replace Earl Warren as chief justice in 1968, questions about payments Fortas received from $15,000 in speaking fees from American University’s law school scuttled his nomination. The payments did not come from the university, but from private sources, some of whom could have had cases come before the court.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Kavanaugh should respond to every question and accusation this way-

“ask me in a senate session where you’re accusations are now part of the official record and not just a political stunt.”

if if he doesn’t answer then, the Dems probably defeat him.  But if he does and the Dems accusations prove to be lies themselves, then they will face the consequences.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

When they were both in high school, though?  Look, I've got my issues with Kavanaugh, don't want him on the Supreme Court, however I am not sure if I am ok with him being punished over something that took place as a teenager. I suppose I should clarify that I'd want to know the details first, but......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

In high school?

1) He did grow up on the mean streets of Bethesda, so its possible.

2) What if that payoff was made a short time before he learned he was to be made a Supreme Court Justice nominee? (or a circuit court judge nominee)

Just now, NoCalMike said:

When they were both in high school, though?  Look, I've got my issues with Kavanaugh, don't want him on the Supreme Court, however I am not sure if I am ok with him being punished over something that took place as a teenager. I suppose I should clarify that I'd want to know the details first, but......

I actually agree with this, but if this was the other way around we know how this story would be told.

14 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I actually agree with this, but if this was the other way around we know how this story would be told.

All the more reason not to stoop to that level.  But I'll concede that a payoff as an adult would be cause for investigation, but we got nothing to even remotely suggest that.

Define what crime was committed? Sexual misconduct is a very, I would argue intentionally, vague accusation. Making a female another person feel uncomfortable would constitute sexual misconduct. Mooning someone is considered sexual misconduct today.  Sexual misconduct is defined as (from wiki, I'm lazy right now)

...an umbrella term for any misconduct of a sexual nature that is of lesser offense than felony sexual assault (such as rape and molestation), particularly where the situation is normally non-sexual and therefore unusual for sexual behavior, or where there is some aspect of personal power or authority that makes sexual behavior inappropriate.

Italicized and bolded portion indicates that in Maryland, the statute of limitations has likely expired.

Maryland's statute of limitations:

Maryland Md. Code, Cts. & Jud. Proc. §§ 5-106, 117

Felony sexual offense or misdemeanor punished by imprisonment in a penitentiary None

Other misdemeanor sex offense 1 year

Edited by Popeman38