Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

Dr. Ford's husband saying that Brett's name was mentioned in marriage counseling back in 2012 adds to the credibility of the claim.  It suggests that this is not a recent fabrication, and there isn't really any reason for a doctor from California to point fingers at a random judge on the DC Circuit.

I don't put much weight on polygraphs.  My understanding is that if administered correctly they can be decent but on the whole I don't much like them.

The friend's, Judge's, statement is a cop-out.  He says he has no "recollection," of it, and himself has a bunch of weird fetish videos that he just recently deleted after his name popped up.

And of course that she's come into the public helps to give weight to them as well.

Couldn't the GOP do a quick additional hearing regarding Ms. Ford's allegations and still have the confirmation vote by end of September?  Maybe early October at the latest?  It seems pretty unlikely that there will be sufficient evidence to change anyone's mind at this point though.

4 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Couldn't the GOP do a quick additional hearing regarding Ms. Ford's allegations and still have the confirmation vote by end of September?  Maybe early October at the latest?  It seems pretty unlikely that there will be sufficient evidence to change anyone's mind at this point though.

I think anyone who thinks this isn't credible at this point is just sticking their head in the sand. I still believe they confirm dude.

How many jobs would you still hire someone after learning they were an attempted rapist? And for life too. SMH.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

It’s not surprising that the allegation has been twisted from an accusation of sexual misconduct to attempted rape. 

Unless something more comes out about imthis.  I’m heading still going to be confirmed 51-49 with maybe two or three more yays

Speaking publicly for the first time, Ford said that one summer in the early 1980s, Kavanaugh and a friend — both “stumbling drunk,” Ford alleges — corralled her into a bedroom during a gathering of teenagers at a house in Montgomery County.

While his friend watched, she said, Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed on her back and groped her over her clothes, grinding his body against hers and clumsily attempting to pull off her one-piece bathing suit and the clothing she wore over it. When she tried to scream, she said, he put his hand over her mouth.

“I thought he might inadvertently kill me,” said Ford, now a 51-year-old research psychologist in northern California. “He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing

This is hill you want to die on? Do you think she is credible?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I think anyone who thinks this isn't credible at this point is just sticking their head in the sand. I still believe they confirm dude.

How many jobs would you still hire someone after learning they were an attempted rapist? And for life too. SMH.

I mean, I think there is still daylight where people can still question the credibility of the allegation, but I do think we've reached a point where there is enough that to just ignore it and plow forward is also not right.

The allegation ought to be fully investigated, as much as it can be, at least.  That ought to take some time.

I suspect this will not get the investigation it deserves because there is a timetable the GOP needs to meet, and they're too deep into Brett to back out now.

• Like 2

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

I mean, I think there is still daylight where people can still question the credibility of the allegation, but I do think we've reached a point where there is enough that to just ignore it and plow forward is also not right.

The allegation ought to be fully investigated, as much as it can be, at least.  That ought to take some time.

I suspect this will not get the investigation it deserves because there is a timetable the GOP needs to meet, and they're too deep into Brett to back out now.

Didn’t the FBI already decide not to investigate?

Here's the long and short of it, he shouldn't be confirmed. I don't think his views on women's bodily autonomy (they have none basically according to Kavanaugh), presidential rights (shouldn't be subject to subpoena, trial, or any judicial proceedings), and so on puts him in the John Birch Society view of the world.

FB_IMG_1537144809849.jpg

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Politically Its a dangerous precedent to be setting.  

Why should they break their string now?

We should offer immediate testimony by her, otherwise give it what should be called the Feinstein treatment and let it ride till later.

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Is he and the other accused not credible?   

Is there ANY other evidence?   Did she tell ANYONE about it at the time?   

Politically Its a dangerous precedent to be setting.  

So, you're going to deflect. I'm going with the victim with what we know now. Kavanaugh has every reason to lie. His friend couldn't even deny it fully. She had no reason to lie in 2012

9 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Again the FBI kicked it back to local authorities. It's not their jurisdiction.

I do not know her or Kavanaugh.  I have no insight into their reasons for their actions.   I hope it’s investigated completely.  And if he assaulted her, he should be denied the seat.  But if she’s making it up, I hope she faces charges and the Dems that have politicized this should be removed from office.  

Has anyone verified that they even knew each other in high school?

That would seem like an easy place to start

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

They apparently added the allegation to the file they send to the White House on nominees, but have not opened a criminal investigation.

That appears to be based on the fact its not really something the FBI would have investigated at the time, it'd be something for local law enforcement.

Further, like the Roy Moore accusations, no one really expects the FBI to investigate and issue an indictment and arrest someone.  The evidence is simply too old, and it's just not reasonable to expect to find enough evidence to make a case beyond a reasonable doubt.

But evidence can reach a point of a preponderance of the evidence, but that's not the FBI's job.

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Has anyone verified that they even knew each other in high school?

That would seem like an easy place to start

They went to different high schools near to each other.  The event allegedly happened at a party they both attended independently.

Clarence Thomas shouldn't be on the Court, but there he sits, his sexual assaulting self. 

It's beyond time that we have people on the Court who respect the rule of law and not those who rule according to what it will take to absolve the 1%ers from their crimes.

I especially don't want to see women's bodily autonomy, voting rights, etc., pushed back into the 19th Century, 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

They apparently added the allegation to the file they send to the White House on nominees, but have not opened a criminal investigation.

That appears to be based on the fact its not really something the FBI would have investigated at the time, it'd be something for local law enforcement.

Further, like the Roy Moore accusations, no one really expects the FBI to investigate and issue an indictment and arrest someone.  The evidence is simply too old, and it's just not reasonable to expect to find enough evidence to make a case beyond a reasonable doubt.

But evidence can reach a point of a preponderance of the evidence, but that's not the FBI's job.

They went to different high schools near to each other.  The event allegedly happened at a party they both attended independently.

Has that been proven?   Again.  Seems simple to me. 

Find a a person that was at the party that can confirm they were both there

What happens after this, with either outcome?

Republicans will never forget this if hes stopped. Never. They will use similar tactics every time from here on out. 

If this doesnt stop him, what next? Even without the sexual assault there is enough there to seriously question him. Add that Republicans basically stole the seat, you think dems wont eventually get bad enough that they do the same in the future? They def will. 

Nothing good will come of this. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What happens after this, with either outcome?

Republicans will never forget this if hes stopped. Never. They will use similar tactics every time from here on out. 

If this doesnt stop him, what next? Even without the sexual assault there is enough there to seriously question him. Add that Republicans basically stole the seat, you think dems wont eventually get bad enough that they do the same in the future? They def will. 

Nothing good will come of this. 

This is an argument for why the Supreme Court should be 21+ justices imo. Every vacancy should not be life or death for either party. They should not dramatically alter the viewpoints of the court.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin