Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Going with the hypothetical here huh? Lol 

I mean, he's not wrong, technically it is assuming nothing would come out through the process.

That being said, I think the odds of perjury/debt issues with Garland were much lower than with Brett at any point in the process.

The sexual misconduct stuff generally you can't know until it comes out.

23 minutes ago, Chew said:

I was unaware that Ford took, and passed, a lie-detector test.  On top of the news that she has discussed this alleged sexual assault with her therapist years ago, well before Kavanaugh was a household name. 

Ford's credibility is skyrocketing.   Let's get right to it so we can get this over with.  Strap Kavanaugh to a lie-detector test (since Ford already took and passed one) and ask him questions about what transpired that day 30 years ago. :ph34r:

What if he passes?

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Every Dem nominee from now on will face allegations.  I can almost guarantee it.

So you think this woman is lying and that the GOP will pay someone or find someone to make false claims against all Dem nominees in the future?

Just now, Hersh said:

So you think this woman is lying and that the GOP will pay someone or find someone to make false claims against all Dem nominees in the future?

I said earlier, I dont know either of them so have no ability to pass that kind of judgement.  Others here think they can though. But only for their side.

One of them is lying.  Or neither of them are.  Or both of them are.  It's an allegation from 3 decades ago.  And if the part of the accusation is true, fueled by teenage alcoholic haziness.  Maybe BK really doesnt remember but he did it.  Maybe DrF really thinks it happened but it didnt.  There are multiple possibilities.

I expect similar things to be "remembered" for every Dem nominee in the future.  The same attention should be paid too them as well right?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Every Dem nominee from now on will face allegations.  I can almost guarantee it.

Well, if they are actually rapists or sexual assaulters, I would hope the truth would come out before they get elevated to high office.  At least all credible allegations should be fully investigated before confirmation voting.  I would assume that everyone would agree with that regardless of party...

Any false allegations should also be investigated, and those pushing falsehoods should be aptly punished.  

I find it remarkably sad that if (when?) BK gets confirmed on the court 2/9 justices on our highest court, (not to mention the president and his team of rapists/abusers in his orbit),  would have been credibly accused of significant sexual mistreatment of women and would have faced essentially no consequences.  Its a terrible (but probably true) message to send to our daughters and other women we love.  I find it pathetic and dismaying that people are so dismissive of this story. 

Edited by bcl05
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, bcl05 said:

Well, if they are actually rapists or sexual assaulters, I would hope the truth would come out before they get elevated to high office.  At least all credible allegations should be fully investigated before confirmation voting.  I would assume that everyone would agree with that regardless of party...

Any false allegations should also be investigated, and those pushing falsehoods should be aptly punished.  

I find it remarkably sad that if (when?) BK gets confirmed on the court 2/9 justices on our highest court would have been credibly accused of significant sexual mistreatment of women and would have faced essentially no consequences.  Its a terrible (but probably true) message to send to our daughters and other women we love.  I find it pathetic and dismaying that people are so dismissive of this story. 

What does "credibly accused" mean other than just the Dem talking point?  Who has decided this (or any) allegation is "credible"?

Kilmer, do you believe this woman? It does not seem like you do. (or maybe don't care)

Also, taking a step back. Why the fudge is The Federalist Society being relied upon for judicial nominations?

3 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I find it remarkably sad that if (when?) BK gets confirmed on the court 2/9 justices on our highest court, (not to mention the president and his team of rapists/abusers in his orbit),  would have been credibly accused of significant sexual mistreatment of women and would have faced essentially no consequences.  Its a terrible (but probably true) message to send to our daughters and other women we love.  I find it pathetic and dismaying that people are so dismissive of this story. 

and those justices will vote to take away the right for abortions.

Its insane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Kilmer, do you believe this woman? It does not seem like you do. (or maybe don't care)

Also, taking a step back. Why the fudge is The Federalist Society being relied upon for judicial nominations?

and those justices will vote to take away the right for abortions.

Its insane.

I dont have enough info to believe her or no believe her.

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

Do you think Roy Moore was credibly accused?

Again, what does that mean?  I think Roy Moore was a pedophile.  But that was my own conclusion based on the info at hand. I think the left is using that term now to weaponize it.

You think he's a pedophile because you found the accusers credible.

No, I find the evidence to be factual and provable.  That happens AFTER an accusation.   Calling an accusation credible is presenting it as if it is already factual.

• Like 1

I believe Ford

Its because we all knew a dude like Kavanaugh in HS. Rich athlete who got his way

I also believe BK doesn't have any recollection of this because he was most likely blackout drunk that night and didn't remember.

Lets see if we as a nation are willing to set an example for the next generation of men we are attempting to raise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

On a different topic, I sent OK to someone in a text message and my iPhone suggested the white power symbol :( 

Obfuscation. Hate groups co-opt everyday signals/items and use them to signal each other. Then when they are called on it, they get to laugh at it as it has another meaning.

Ok sign. Milk symbol (and use of it in pics). Pepe the Frog, etc. ad nauseum. 

As long as you don't associate with racists and bigots, I doubt it will ever be a problem for you to use it.

What was largely overlooked with Zina Bash was her association with known racists and bigots (Miller, Trump, et al) and her lack of problem futhering their agendas.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You can prove Moore did something to those girls? What evidence do you have?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/11/16/timeline-the-accusations-against-roy-moore/?utm_term=.1f5c38bbab5c

2 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I believe Ford

Its because we all knew a dude like Kavanaugh in HS. Rich athlete who got his way

I also believe BK doesn't have any recollection of this because he was most likely blackout drunk that night and didn't remember.

Lets see if we as a nation are willing to set an example for the next generation of men we are attempting to raise. 

Wow.   Just...wow.  Because you knew rich white dudes who got their way Kavanaugh must be guilty?  Do you realize how ****ed up that sounds?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/11/16/timeline-the-accusations-against-roy-moore/?utm_term=.1f5c38bbab5c

Wow.   Just...wow.  Because you knew rich white dudes who got their way Kavanaugh must be guilty?  Do you realize how ****ed up that sounds?

In particular the "elite" crowd BK would have ran with. 

Did he think (or society for that matter) think about it the way we do now in '18 back in the early '80s (or the late '90s when I was in HS)? No

But if you somehow found yourself in settings with this crowd, none of it is surprising. 

People like BK turned into this crowd (note this article is from 2007) 

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13005612/members-only-inside-the-elite-world-of-late-night-shots

The three guys sitting at the bar at Town Hall in Georgetown swear it’s a true story: A friend of theirs called a buddy in the middle of a sexual conquest, placing his cell phone out of view. When the voice mail picked up, it recorded him asking his lady, “You like that Republican ****?”

The guys are wearing golf shirts and drinking Miller Lites. They’ve been telling raunchy tales about what happens after dark in Georgetown, playing toward expectations. They know I’m a reporter on assignment. At first, the sordid tales of preppy hookups just make me laugh.

Then the bearded one in the middle busts out with this: “Do you like anal sex?” I squint. I’m confused. “Do you do anal?” he repeats, head bobbing with excitement. The litany continues. Do I want to take it in the ass? Have I ever taken it in the ass? My silence is taken as an affirmative and he announces that this interview will go no further unless he receives a hand job. I retreat into a hole carved out during similar sessions in high school and head for the door.

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I agree, those are credible accusations. Not seeing a whole lot of evidence though.

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I agree, those are credible accusations. Not seeing a whole lot of evidence though.

Just now, SkinsHokieFan said:

That's so wrong.  Wow.

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Maybe we're just disagreeing about the terminology and your use of it along with every Dem on tv shows use of it really isnt an attempt to make it seem like complete fact.  I'll take your word for it

I am not sure how others are using the phrase "credible accusation", but for me, it means that the behavior described is plausible, believable, and worth investigating.  For example, Ford apparently has spoken of this attack for a number of years, with contemporaneous notes from her therapist that long predate BK's appointment to SCOTUS.  The behavior described does not seem implausible or uncommon, though that doesn't mean that BK specifically did it.  It is possible that Ford is misremembering, and it was some other high school student that attacked her.  It is also possible that BK did it, and is now denying (lying) to protect his political interests. 

More broadly, I doubt that we can know with absolute certainty about who is telling the truth in many cases like this.  I would generally have a tendency to believe accusers, who have little to no incentive to bring these charges and whose lives will be turned upside down in the process.  BK (and those like him) on the other hand, have every incentive to lie and dissemble and deny charges like this.  That tendency is open to change based on individual testimony and evidence, so I look forward to hearing from Ford and hearing more from BK about the accusations.  

I would rather have SCOTUS (and other political leaders) be people who are unambiguously not rapists.  

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1