Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

So people dont believe them right away?  Weird....

Not really.  The claims and circumstances around these statements and are a little odd.  Of course, abusers and killers often treat people they date or marry differently than those they prey on, so it’s unclear how much weight the statements should be given anyway.

• Like 1

I think it is entirely believable and actually quite likely that BK did not attempt to rape every woman he ever knew.  He may have been a model boyfriend with both Mauras.  That doesn't mean that he didn't attack Ford.  

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Both of them are named Maura?

Seriously? ?

Eh, it checks out, kinda.

Peaked in popularity in 1964 as 469th most popular name.  Brett born 1965.  Assuming these women are the same age or about, would have been right around peak popularity.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maura_(given_name)

Weirder things have happened.

I think it's weird that people are coming out to say how great he is/was.  Because just because he didnt attack someone else doesnt mean he didnt attack Ford.

But I also think its very telling how different people react to women depending on the side of the aisle they are on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

As we've seen with Duke and UVA, false allegations must also be dealt with more harshly.

False allegations should be dealt with more harshly than actual sexual assault ?

or you mean just more harshly than in the past?

agree if it’s the second. False allegations hurt women that are actually sexually assaulted and can destroy lives 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

I was involved in an incident in middle-school 25 years ago and remember every detail, name of people, name of teacher who looked at it and will not forget... same thing with incident in HS (I was both "accused" and victim).

I am inclined to believe the accuser... for me one incident was looked into by a teacher -- not sure if anything was done with administration but my parents didn't receive a call. Other incident I never told anyone about; if that jock who thought it was funny to.... to someone else on the baseball team (yes it was Male to male) ever was going for a public office you would be darn sure I would find a way to bring it up.

BK shouldn't say, "I was not at the party" -- "I don't know the victim" would be an appropriate response.

This is why regular people hate politics, should it take 3 to 4 hours at the WH if you are innocent? A regular guy would say, "Yes, I got drunk and thought it was okay to...." and let the cards fall.

Girls and women and boys and men have been victimized for centuries if not millennia by those who perceive themselves better than and entitled to abuse humans they think are beneath them.

Finally, finally humans and especially women as the group mostly targeted are standing up for themselves. 

And the oppressors are kicking and screaming about it. Well, too bad. 

• Like 3

Other people heard from. This article is very interesting, to say the least. Serial liar under oath apparently. From the article, link follows paragraph.

This is not about the dance many nominees attempt in order to avoid expressing an opinion on legal issues they might face on the court. It is about a pattern of deceptive answers on a range of questions about his past activities and agenda to change our laws through the courts. We believe this deception, both earlier this month and in his 2004 and 2006 nomination hearings for the D.C. Circuit, was intentional. His truthfulness, of course, is very much at issue in the latest allegations against him, since he has categorically denied the sexual assault of which he is accused.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brett-kavanaugh-t-trusted-know-153428839.html