Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

2- Ford claims there were 4 boys and 1 other girl at the party.  She only names BK and Judge. 

I believe she told the therapist it was 4, but is now saying it was just the 2. Her and her husband are claiming she told the therapist 2, and the therapist wrote it down incorrectly. 

I realize its a ****ty situation for a victim to be in, but none of this is helping her story sound believable. 

53 minutes ago, tshile said:

Or someone publicly interviewing for an incredibly important job, right?

I mean, if you suddenly publicly saw someone who attempted to rape you, even 36 years prior, on tv every day after years and years of nothing or next to nothing, it probably would lead to some pretty major episodes too.

PTSD and similar things are, unfortunately, fickle like that.

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

I believe she told the therapist it was 4, but is now saying it was just the 2. Her and her husband are claiming she told the therapist 2, and the therapist wrote it down incorrectly. 

I realize its a ****ty situation for a victim to be in, but none of this is helping her story sound believable. 

4 boys at the party. 2 boys in the room.

16 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

2- Ford claims there were 4 boys and 1 other girl at the party.  She only names BK and Judge.  Does she know who the other people were at all?  If no, why not?  And wouldnt it make sense that a small party like that ONE of the other 2 boys or 1 girl would remember them all being there?  I also think its shady as hell that her lawyer says its not her responsibility to corroborate her story.

She was 15 and attending a smal party. She went to an all girls school (I think) and Kavanaugh and others went to all boys school. I'm sure there were people new to each other there. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

4 boys at the party. 2 boys in the room.

So the two boys she claims were in the room have denied it.  I'd like to hear from on of the other 3 people allegedly there who could corroborate that they were even there, and took her into a room (which is probably not something someone would remember happening to another person, but we should at least ask.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

She was 15 and attending a smal party. She went to an all girls school (I think) and Kavanaugh and others went to all boys school. I'm sure there were people new to each other there. 

Right.  So who was the common bond?  Did she go there with the one other girl she claims (or specifically her atty claims) was there?  Or did she go with one of the boys?  Details matter now.

The GOP is already seen (rightly or wrongly) as largely anti-female. I don't any of this helping.

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

So who was the common bond?  Did she go there with the one other girl she claims (or specifically her atty claims) was there?  Or did she go with one of the boys?  Details matter now.

Like you said, I'm sure more will come out when she testifies.

• Like 1

I would almost assume that if the mentality of males is that this was "17 year old boys being boys: it makes sense that they wouldn't remember it.  If this was regular behavior for them, then this was likely "just another thing" from their teenage years, where as for the woman it is a trauma that lives with them their entire lives. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The GOP is already seen (rightly or wrongly) as largely anti-female. I don't any of this helping.

Like you said, I'm sure more will come out when she testifies.

Yeah but thats a week from now.  We have space to fill!

There needs to be more people than just Kavanaugh and Ford testifying under oath if we want to get a better understanding of what the truth actually is. 

I lean toward Ford being truthful here, given the fact she relayed this to other people well before Kavanaugh was nominated. If she was just looking to tank the nomination, she could have done so way earlier in the process before the story leaked out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Her (and her family and friends) being doxxed by ring wing dorks didn't help either. 

Can we all agree that was the wrong move for the neocons?

The ones that are attacking her are wrong.  As are anyone who would be attributing those attacks to everyone on the right.

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

There needs to be more people than just Kavanaugh and Ford testifying under oath if we want to get a better understanding of what the truth actually is. 

I lean toward Ford being truthful here, given the fact she relayed this to other people well before Kavanaugh was nominated. If she was just looking to tank the nomination, she could have done so way earlier in the process before the story leaked out. 

I think Ford believes what she is saying.  That doesnt mean she's right though.

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

This rule only applies to white men, especially conservative ones. It doesn't apply to black males who are gunned down by the police and sociopaths doing something completely unrelated. "This 17 year old kid was a bad kid in school, maybe he was asking to get killed by the neighborhood watch guy."

"Sure, she entered HIS apartment but he had weed in his residence, maybe he asked for it."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I think to make sure you get the most out of the hearing, you need:

Ford

Brett

Ford's Husband (present during therapy)

Therapist

Mark Judge

And anyone else identified as a potential witness to either the events directly or corroborating events.

Key on that will be if anyone else attended the party, who was it?  They can corroborate whether the party happened, even if they didn't witness it directly.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling its gonna be Ford v. Brett and call it a day.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

I think to make sure you get the most out of the hearing, you need:

Ford

Brett

Ford's Husband (present during therapy)

Therapist

Mark Judge

And anyone else identified as a potential witness to either the events directly or corroborating events.

Key on that will be if anyone else attended the party, who was it?  They can corroborate whether the party happened, even if they didn't witness it directly.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling its gonna be Ford v. Brett and call it a day.

This is my fear as well.  It will be a complete waste of time where both sides will leave going "SEE!!!!" and nobody will have done any actual investigating.

She claims 6 people were there.  She says it happened, the other two she mentions say it didnt.  I want to hear from the 3 other people.  And I want specifics of where and when it allegedly occurred or a really good explanation for why those things cant be stated.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

you acting like the #MeToo movement is the attitude of the entire country today tho?

Oh certainly not, I’m not nearly THAT naive, but it has brought to bear a significantly greater awareness and influence over public action than was ever imagined 25 years ago.

I still have no doubt that Kavanaugh’s shills will make every attempt to assassinate her character, and it will come as no surprise when they paint her as a slut.

I hate that some people seem to think it coming up in couples counseling means she made it up to save her weak marriage.  It makes me wonder how many of them have dated or married a sexual assault survivor.  If they had and were perceptive, they would probably have recognized the impact of the assault on their current relationships.  It coming up in counseling would be more telling if it did not come up.  Her marriage needing counseling is actually more of a tell in favor of something happening and her trying to work her way through it, and yes decades later is not uncommon nor is having a reaction to seeing a person involved.

I have no idea if what she says happened actually did.  I can only comment that what I have read fits right in with my experiences. 

Edited by gbear
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A little slutty and a little nutty is what they portrayed Anita Hill as. It came back to bite them in the ass the next year during elections.

Strategically, I think the GOP is at a monumental crossroads here. I suspect the MAGAts won't let them chose the correct path though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

The guy isn't entitled to a Supreme Court seat.  Last I checked the guy is doing quite well in life.  Ari is acting like he hasn't moved on from this incident (alleged) to have a productive life.  Sorry dude, but yes this would disqualify him from sitting on the supreme court. I have a feeling if he goes back to his regular life he will be just fine.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I think the GOP is doing the right thing by conducting an additional hearing to get the facts out.  They dont deseverve credit.  It's just the right thing to do once she went public.

Agree, but given the optics, I don't think they had a choice.  The GOP doesn't WANT to have the hearing, but feel they HAVE to.  So they deserve no credit at all. 

If the GOP had confirmed Kavanaugh this week without allowing his sexual assault accuser to be heard, the backlash would be off the charts. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I think Ford believes what she is saying.  That doesnt mean she's right though.

People tend to have *really* vivid memories of these kind of occurrences. That said, with alcohol being in play it does kinda change the perceived reliability of the testimony. We’ll see what she has to say I guess. 

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

People tend to have *really* vivid memories of these kind of occurrences. That said, with alcohol being in play it does kinda change the perceived reliability of the testimony. We’ll see what she has to say I guess. 

Trauma can also cause the body to fool itself to protect itself (Im not saying that correctly, I hope the gist is understood).  

That's why facts and details have to be part of the investigation.  Not just her account and his account.  Neither can be reliable as anything other than their own memories from 30 plus years ago.