Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

24 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I don’t know.  I think Grassley inviting her to testify Monday puts her in a corner.  If she doesn’t,it’s over in terms of ability to prevent BK from becoming a Justice

Maybe, but not what I'm betting. I would like that, selfishly----if she says she won't do it w/o the conditions outlined earlier---and then let the committee go ahead and move on if that's garsserly's choice,  i think whatever price the gop was going to pay with women voters prior to this would be increased by a degree of consequence.

but i think they know that and want to avoid it, but it's a mess for them too no matter how they play it.

again, this is all assuming ford's claim doesn't fall apart or is more confirmed in the meantime.

From my previous post from David Brock.

"I used to know Brett Kavanaugh pretty well. And, when I think of Brett now, in the midst of his hearings for a lifetime appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court, all I can think of is the old "Aesop's Fables" adage: "A man is known by the company he keeps."

And that's why I want to tell any senator who cares about our democracy: Vote no.

Twenty years ago, when I was a conservative movement stalwart, I got to know Brett Kavanaugh both professionally and personally.I

Brett actually makes a cameo appearance in my memoir of my time in the GOP, "Blinded By The Right." I describe him at a party full of zealous young conservatives gathered to watch President Bill Clinton's 1998 State of the Union address — just weeks after the story of his affair with a White House intern had broken. When the TV camera panned to Hillary Clinton, I saw Brett — at the time a key lieutenant of Ken Starr, the independent counsel investigating various Clinton scandals — mouth the word "****."

But there's a lot more to know about Kavanaugh than just his Pavlovian response to Hillary's image. Brett and I were part of a close circle of cold, cynical and ambitious hard-right operatives being groomed by GOP elders for much bigger roles in politics, government and media. And it’s those controversial associations that should give members of the Senate and the American public serious pause.

Call it Kavanaugh's cabal: There was his colleague on the Starr investigation, Alex Azar, now the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Mark Paoletta is now chief counsel to Vice President Mike Pence; House anti-Clinton gumshoe Barbara Comstock is now a Republican member of Congress. Future Fox News personalities Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson were there with Ann Coulter, now a best-selling author, and internet provocateur Matt Drudge.

At one time or another, each of them partied at my Georgetown townhouse amid much booze and a thick air of cigar smoke.

In a rough division of labor, Kavanaugh played the role of lawyer — one of the sharp young minds recruited by the Federalist Society to infiltrate the federal judiciary with true believers. Through that network, Kavanaugh was mentored by D.C. Appeals Court Judge Laurence Silberman, known among his colleagues for planting leaks in the press for partisan advantage."

There's more in the article, I suggest you read it. This guy has more to DQ him than a sexual assault accusation.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Per the suggestion she demand a investigation before testifying....

She skipped the opportunity to start a investigation repeatedly, at this late juncture her testimony should be weighed before congress should think about requiring a investigation.

She has a platform to show cause for one.....if she chooses

Missed a ton of what's been said the past few days. The main thought in my mind is "Why do we need lifetime appointments for the SCOTUS anymore?".

Not saying it shouldn't long long terms. 20 years is a long time.

edit: Not to discount anything about this current situation. It's all politics now. A few weeks ago it was parsing what he said and what wasn't honest. 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Missed a ton of what's been said the past few days. The main thought in my mind is "Why do we need lifetime appointments for the SCOTUS anymore?".

Not saying it shouldn't long long terms. 20 years is a long time.

so we have less confirmation circuses?

I'm fine with 20yrs ,though getting rid of those already there that long might be tricky ?

Trump's advice to another person who faced accusations of sexual misconduct:

"You've got to deny, deny, deny and push back on these women. If you admit to anything and any culpability, then you're dead. That was a big mistake you made. You didn't come out guns blazing and just challenge them. You showed weakness. You've got to be strong. You've got to be aggressive. You've got to push back hard. You've got to deny anything that's said about you. Never admit." 

Needless to say, Donald Trump has zero credibility on this issue.

• Like 1

Do some digging on that Mark Judge guy, and I have a feeling he is going to start "losing his memory" on a lot of stuff pretty soon.

Also yeah, who the hell knows 65 people let alone females at 17 well enough for them to attest to your character.  Come on. Doesn't mean there aren't maybe 5-10 of those signatures that are legit and that actually knew him, but 65? GTFO. And what, was this "Letter of 65" sitting around just waiting for the accusation to go public? If not that was some record-breaking assembling of Kavanaugh's high school era "peoples that knew him"

wow lol...just saw a news block where now they're coming up with all kinds of stuff to make kav look bad---not dq bad, just bad politically to more moderate or never trumpers---lot of stuff he's said,written or posted in the past...i figure you'll all get a does of it soon enough...some hot takes lol

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Also yeah, who the hell knows 65 people let alone females at 17 well enough for them to attest to your character.

I did, my son easily did........and that is just cousins ?

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Do some digging on that Mark Judge guy, and I have a feeling he is going to start "losing his memory" on a lot of stuff pretty soon.

Also yeah, who the hell knows 65 people let alone females at 17 well enough for them to attest to your character.  Come on. Doesn't mean there aren't maybe 5-10 of those signatures that are legit and that actually knew him, but 65? GTFO. And what, was this "Letter of 65" sitting around just waiting for the accusation to go public? If not that was some record-breaking assembling of Kavanaugh's high school era "peoples that knew him"

Mark Judge had some weird video of young women on YouTube up for a while. (it was attractive women standing motionless and looking at the camera)

He took it down today.

3 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

Instead you get grilled by a bunch of assholes, some of which don't actually want to know what you know, just want to make you look non-credible.    

Exactly. 

People who who will take 5 minutes to berate you over a poor word choice because it technically creates a contradiction - a word choice any fair and reasonable person would usually let slide. 

Half the room is using her to get him and the others half is just trying to attack her. She will have no friends and regardless of how she does she should be admired for having the guts to do it (assuming it’s true)

• Thanks 1