Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

If so she likely wouldn't be the only one on either side.

What can you do when the person reporting the incident doesn't want to (allegedly) pursue it anymore?

And are we to believe that Grassley got those 65 signatures last night? Or are we acknowledging that the GOP already knew about this and tried to spin it if it came out?

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

What can you do when the person reporting the incident doesn't want to (allegedly) pursue it anymore?

And are we to believe that Grassley got those 65 signatures last night? Or are we acknowledging that the GOP already knew about this and tried to spin it if it came out?

I think we will see some interesting things about those signatures come out, by the way.  

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

People keep using "rape" here when the allegation specifically states sexual misconduct, which is an umbrella for anything that doesn't rise to the level of felony sexual assault.

And it's an allegation, from high school. Remember, back in the good ole days, when an allegation wasn't treated like criminal conviction and people were given the presumption of innocence?

---

What's confusing, visionary?

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

People keep using "rape" here when the allegation specifically states sexual misconduct, which is an umbrella for anything that doesn't rise to the level of felony sexual assault.

And it's an allegation, from high school. Remember, back in the good ole days, when an allegation wasn't treated like criminal conviction and people were given the presumption of innocence?

---

welcome to the poundmetoo era.

10 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

---

This seems like an odd take today with what's come out.  I wasn't sure if you were up to date.   Also no one is trying to have him arrested.   

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

welcome to the poundmetoo era.

By the way, this is a pretty offensive meme, and I really don't think people should keep posting it.  (not saying anyone has to stop, but it's kind of rude towards victims)

Edited by visionary
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

---

Have you read about the actual allegation?

1 minute ago, visionary said:

This seems like an odd take today with what's come out.  I wasn't sure if you were up to date.   Also no one is trying to have him arrested.   

By the way, this is a pretty offensive meme, and I really don't think people should keep posting it.  

Fair enough.  I think the Dems antics in this entire charade are offensive.  But sadly people keep posting them as well.

Just now, visionary said:

No, but people are intentionally using the word rape. And an allegation from 40 years ago should not be the end of someones career. The FBI basically said they were not investigating, the woman involved wants to remain private, and Kavanaugh has denied it.  And multiple Senators sat on this information for a while!

Just now, Popeman38 said:

No, but people are intentionally using the word rape. And an allegation from 40 years ago should not be the end of someones career. The FBI basically said they were not investigating, the woman involved wants to remain private, and Kavanaugh has denied it.  And multiple Senators sat on this information for a while!

It's not a FBI matter and it happened too long ago. The FBI isn't investigating Roy Moore either.

5 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

And multiple Senators sat on this information for a while!

I guess I don't understand that argument. Does is mean the allegations are lesser? Do we blame victims when they don't report sex assaults for decades? 

Do I think Feinstein handled this properly? No, but that's the advantage of hindsight. Do I think the GOP handled this properly? Yes (for them) and no for anyone and everyone else. Again, party over country as per usual since 2016 (at least).

But hey..at least Kavanaugh and Thomas can compare notes on something other than ending Roe.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I guess I don't understand that argument. Does is mean the allegations are lesser?

Yes

anonymous is rated less ,as is waiting until the matter cannot be confirmed to bring it up.

• Like 1

I have a letter from someone who wants to remain anonymous that claims every Dem Senator tried to rape her in 1985.  She doesnt want her name to be released, or that actual letter.  Just take my word for it.  They all need to resign and be taken to prison immediately. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

No, and neither have you. What you have read is second hand accounts of the allegation.

And those second hand accounts sure sound like attempted rape to me.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

I have a letter from someone who wants to remain anonymous that claims every Dem Senator tried to rape her in 1985.  She doesnt want her name to be released, or that actual letter.  Just take my word for it.  They all need to resign and be taken to prison immediately. 

Cool.

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

So some of you are ****ing that the Democrats didn't come out and make accusations and instead gave it to the authorities to investigate? Interesting. 

Feinstein got the letter in July.  She gave it to the FBI on Wed Sept 12 and announced it Thur Sept 13.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-sexual-misconduct-allegation-against-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-stirs-tension-among-democrats-in-congress

On Thursday, Feinstein announced that she had referred the matter to the F.B.I. “I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court,” Feinstein said. “That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities.”

In a statement, an F.B.I. spokesperson said, “Upon receipt of the information on the night of September 12, we included it as part of Judge Kavanaugh’s background file, as per the standard process.”

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Feinstein got the letter in July.  She gave it to the FBI on Wed Sept 12 and announced it Thur Sept 13.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-sexual-misconduct-allegation-against-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-stirs-tension-among-democrats-in-congress

On Thursday, Feinstein announced that she had referred the matter to the F.B.I. “I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court,” Feinstein said. “That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities.”

In a statement, an F.B.I. spokesperson said, “Upon receipt of the information on the night of September 12, we included it as part of Judge Kavanaugh’s background file, as per the standard process.”

14 minutes ago, twa said:

Except they did

So we haven't heard about this for 2 months cause they apparently thought it happened so long ago and didn't send it to the FBI until being pushed further on it cause the Dems were playing politics. 

You two should PM to get your story straight and decide how best to complain about this. 

• Like 2