Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

This may sound craxy, but I don't want them to withhold the vote on his replacement.  We never should've started that, technically every year is an election year.  There should be a time limit to get someone appointed, senate majority leader should get in trouble for holding up a constitutional process like that.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This may sound craxy, but I don't want them to withhold the vote on his replacement.  We never should've started that, technically every year is an election year.  There should be a time limit to get someone appointed, senate majority leader should get in trouble for holding up a constitutional process like that.

Too late for that. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yeah no. This is coming to a gun fight with a broom stick. 

If there is a mechanism of obstruction, you do it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Yeah no. This is coming to a gun fight with a broom stick. 

Where does it end?

37 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Too late for that. 

To enact a law requiring senate majority leader to step down from post if found to be intentionally stopping the appointment of a supreme court judge?  I don't think so.

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It ends somewhere, just not here. The Garland SC seat being stolen is one of the biggest political thefts in our country's history. We can't just take that with a smile on our face while they continue to shape the court for half a century. 

Trump is not in his last year, it'd be symbolic only and a setup for them to do it again in last year of a dem president again.  Pick your battles, this isn't about smiling and letting it go, need to find a way to make sure it doesn't happen again, that's how you get even.  

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Except the people confirming the pick are about to get replaced. If the McConnell method was to let the people choose then why can't it wait til January? Or is Mitch and the GOP admitting they were lieing back in 2016?

GOP was wrong in 2016 and Dems would be wrong now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Depends on how you define wrong. GOP changes the rules now you have to play by them. 

Let us not forget the Dems are the same group we complained didnt have the testicular fortitude to play dirty to protect us from dirty play. If they finally have chosen to stand up then I'm not going to bemoan them now. 

Some of yall make perfect Democrats. Afraid to fight. Man up. 

56 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is what I mean about the path we've been going down.

One side does something bad and the other side decides to adopt it because at least they didn't start it. Right?

Tell us more about the false botherism issue.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Except the people confirming the pick are about to get replaced. If the McConnell method was to let the people choose then why can't it wait til January? Or is Mitch and the GOP admitting they were lieing back in 2016?

Admitting? Did anyone believe him?

Are we expecting them to care about being hypocrites? 

The play was to secure a supreme court pick. Back then it was to hold off on the vote, and now it is to push forward with the vote. Plain and simple.

It seems to have worked out for them.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Term limits for justices would be awesome right about now.

They could hold this **** up. Steal the seat. And then institute term limits. Not only would that be justice it would be fair. I'll hope for that. 

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

With the key difference being that the GOP had the ability to be wrong (power) and the Dems do not (power)

So now they're just going to be wrong and also not win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

This is what I mean about the path we've been going down.

One side does something bad and the other side decides to adopt it because at least they didn't start it. Right?

Tell us more about the false botherism issue.

You ain't wrong but I dont think you are 100% right either. This is definitely the result of one side doing wrong first. But it's not retaliation for the sake of retaliation. The Dems are/would be protecting relatively normal order of things. One president, one side, is not supposed to be able to hand pick 3 guys on life long terms and rule one branch of the government like that. It's not intended to work that way. 

Edited by Llevron

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

He's trying to get by on a technicality.  He's full of crap.

Republican in the Senate that dont stand up to this dishonest behavior are gutless cowards, plain and simple.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

You ain't wrong but I dont think you are 100% right either. This is definitely the result of one side doing wrong first. But it's not retaliation for the sake of retaliation. The Dems are/would be protecting relatively normal order of things. One president, one side, is not supposed to be able to hand pick 3 guys on life long terms and rule one branch of the government like that. It's not intended to work that way. 

Where is it written about the intent for how many each side gets to pick?

It is absolutely retaliation and anyone pretending otherwise must think the rest of us are stupid. Because they're all referencing the retaliation when they speak about it.

The dems has been changing the rules too, they're just incapable of exploiting them quit the way they wanted and the GOP comes in later and does a better job of exploiting it, then the dems cry about it.

I don't want Trump doing anything other than the minimum before leaving office, however he winds up leaving. But you all need to own your two wrongs make a right bull**** and quit pretending the rest of us aren't capable of seeing it for what it is or that we owe you some slack on it for some reason.

I get it. Everyone's mad for many reasons. But own it. Quit pretending you're cleverly hiding it, because you're not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Depends on how you define wrong. GOP changes the rules now you have to play by them. 

Let us not forget the Dems are the same group we complained didnt have the testicular fortitude to play dirty to protect us from dirty play. If they finally have chosen to stand up then I'm not going to bemoan them now. 

What you view as weak, I view as principled.  I get the frustration and I share them.  But the appropriate response to the type wrong committed by McConnell is at the voting booth.  If we continue the downward cycle of wrongful behavior, we continue the breakdown of American politics.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You call this fighting?  Even if we wait until after midterms it will still be a conservative judge.  Dems got **** shutting down govt for DACA and still no DACA.  We need to be smart, not them.  Everything we do the right throws in our face, it's worse when they're right.  You think this will help or hurt us in the midterms?