ixcuincle

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

Recommended Posts

I just realized that I had some drinks for game 1 and was at game 2 drinking.  Then I didn't drink for game 3 and had no drinks tonight.

 

I think I know what I need to do on Saturday...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I have no faith in the Caps to win this series, let alone the cup. Complete crap showing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caps are lucky to be even 2-2 at this point.  They looked like they are playing in quick sand the entire series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Simmsy said:

Sorry, I have no faith in the Caps to win this series, let alone the cup. Complete crap showing...

 

Agreed.  We definitely don’t have the same focus as last year.  It’s almost like winning cup has made them less hungry. Against a young hungry team wanna to prove they can take out the champs that won’t do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that last year all of the series leading up the Stanley Cup were rough and rocky. This teams seems to thrive on adversity. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching that game, I have no idea what the **** is up with Kutnetzov, it is so frustrating watching him.  Can we even afford to sit him, in case he wakes up?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

 

Agreed.  We definitely don’t have the same focus as last year.  It’s almost like winning cup has made them less hungry. Against a young hungry team wanna to prove they can take out the champs that won’t do. 

The fact that we laid down to a team that hasn't sniffed a fart of the playoffs in a decade is a disgrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still only 2-2 and Caps still have home ice. Not that I'm super confident, but the world hasn't ended. 

 

 

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

The fact that we laid down to a team that hasn't sniffed a fart of the playoffs in a decade is a disgrace.

 

Over the final 45-50 games of the season, the Canes were the third best team in the league. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

The fact that we laid down to a team that hasn't sniffed a fart of the playoffs in a decade is a disgrace.

 

Its not even that. We’re just lazy, unmotivated, and don’t look like we have chip.  Where’s that back to back war cry? I don’t see it.  One team is playing like they want to play next round.  We’re playing like we just expect the other team to let us advance. 

Lacking focus is always punished in playoffs.  Hell we won games last year because teams had a lapse in focus and we took advantage. This year we’re the ones getting punished. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

 

Its not even that. We’re just lazy, unmotivated, and don’t look like we have chip.  Where’s that back to back war cry? I don’t see it.  One team is playing like they want to play next round.  We’re playing like we just expect the other team to let us advance. 

There is a reason back to backs are so hard. Its difficult to have that same level of hunger and intensity consistently once you've already won one. I do think this team will dig deep and pull it out though.If you can't believe after winning a god damn Stanley Cup then when will you?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warhead36 said:

There is a reason back to backs are so hard. Its difficult to have that same level of hunger and intensity consistently once you've already won one. I do think this team will dig deep and pull it out though.If you can't believe after winning a god damn Stanley Cup then when will you?

 

I have hard time buying that. The Caps looked like world beaters down the stretch. They drew Carolina, which was a surprise and arguably

the weakest of the Eastern Conf teams.  Then Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay were unexpectedly swept. They are getting breaks like they haven't

seen  since the 1998 run. How could they not be motivated? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Oshie isn't out for extended time from his upper body injury 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, c slag said:

Hopefully Oshie isn't out for extended time from his upper body injury 

 

That reaction wasn’t for a minor injury. He’s done for the year. Arm/wrist looked broken. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.