Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Just now, Simmsy said:

Sorry, I have no faith in the Caps to win this series, let alone the cup. Complete crap showing...

Agreed.  We definitely don’t have the same focus as last year.  It’s almost like winning cup has made them less hungry. Against a young hungry team wanna to prove they can take out the champs that won’t do. 

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Agreed.  We definitely don’t have the same focus as last year.  It’s almost like winning cup has made them less hungry. Against a young hungry team wanna to prove they can take out the champs that won’t do. 

The fact that we laid down to a team that hasn't sniffed a fart of the playoffs in a decade is a disgrace.

It's still only 2-2 and Caps still have home ice. Not that I'm super confident, but the world hasn't ended. 

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

The fact that we laid down to a team that hasn't sniffed a fart of the playoffs in a decade is a disgrace.

Over the final 45-50 games of the season, the Canes were the third best team in the league. 

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Its not even that. We’re just lazy, unmotivated, and don’t look like we have chip.  Where’s that back to back war cry? I don’t see it.  One team is playing like they want to play next round.  We’re playing like we just expect the other team to let us advance. 

Lacking focus is always punished in playoffs.  Hell we won games last year because teams had a lapse in focus and we took advantage. This year we’re the ones getting punished. 

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Its not even that. We’re just lazy, unmotivated, and don’t look like we have chip.  Where’s that back to back war cry? I don’t see it.  One team is playing like they want to play next round.  We’re playing like we just expect the other team to let us advance. 

There is a reason back to backs are so hard. Its difficult to have that same level of hunger and intensity consistently once you've already won one. I do think this team will dig deep and pull it out though.If you can't believe after winning a god damn Stanley Cup then when will you?

Just now, Warhead36 said:

There is a reason back to backs are so hard. Its difficult to have that same level of hunger and intensity consistently once you've already won one. I do think this team will dig deep and pull it out though.If you can't believe after winning a god damn Stanley Cup then when will you?

I have hard time buying that. The Caps looked like world beaters down the stretch. They drew Carolina, which was a surprise and arguably

the weakest of the Eastern Conf teams.  Then Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay were unexpectedly swept. They are getting breaks like they haven't

seen  since the 1998 run. How could they not be motivated? 

Archived