Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

2 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Stanley Cup Champions sighting there the last 40 minutes.. We show up to the playoffs like that? Look out!! 

The only time I've felt more confident with a Caps teams was in 2017. These guys are good. 

People laugh at the Division Champion banner stuff but there is something to be said about remarkable consistency.

I think we have a good shot at a repeat. The only teams I see beating us potentially are the Penguins or the Lightning. I mean its the Stanley Cup playoffs so literally anything can happen but if I were to handicap the teams in the tournament, we're definitely no worse than #2(have to put the LIghtning as the faves but we can beat that paper tiger team).

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

People laugh at the Division Champion banner stuff but there is something to be said about remarkable consistency.

I think we have a good shot at a repeat. The only teams I see beating us potentially are the Penguins or the Lightning. I mean its the Stanley Cup playoffs so literally anything can happen but if I were to handicap the teams in the tournament, we're definitely no worse than #2(have to put the LIghtning as the faves but we can beat that paper tiger team).

Well the division champs banners carry more weight now that we have a cup in my opinion. Without one the banners are just a consolation prize lol

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

As a Caps fan, I will never take for granted getting past the first round. 

It's adorable to see people suddenly confident about the Caps in the playoffs. They certainly could win it all again, but often times luck plays a huge factor in the playoffs. Need those good bounces and breaks to win it all. 

31 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Only the second time in NHL history a team has won a division 4 times in a row on 2 separate occasions. Think on that for a minute...

I had to hurry home after seeing the full game at the arena yesterday but that place was ready for some damn hockey 

About the only worry (other than noted crazy bounces/bad hockey luck) I have for the playoffs is our special teams. PP hasn't looked particularly sharp lately and the PK gets exposed too often still. Hopefully the refs "let em play" and we don't have to see anything decided on it, but there will be some and better PP teams will take advantage if given the opp.. Losing draws compounds that problem.. But, as for 5v5, if last nights 2nd/3rd period is an indication of our playoff "focus", it'll be our opponents who should be "worried"!! 

15 hours ago, Hersh said:

As a Caps fan, I will never take for granted getting past the first round. 

It's adorable to see people suddenly confident about the Caps in the playoffs. They certainly could win it all again, but often times luck plays a huge factor in the playoffs. Need those good bounces and breaks to win it all. 

Nothing is guaranteed but I like our chances a lot.

I also predicted us to win the whole thing last year right after I accurately predicted we'd clinch the Division with a late season road win in Pittsburgh.

I think we'll face Tampa in the ECF which will be a coin flip series.

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I also predicted us to win the whole thing last year right after I accurately predicted we'd clinch the Division with a late season road win in Pittsburgh.

I think they'd need to start Game 1 of any potential series with Tampa playing the way they played Games 6 and 7 last year to have a decent chance of winning the series.  I certainly think they're capable of doing that so I hope they are able to reach that point again as it would be a really fun series to watch.

44 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not worried or anything, I just can't even think about a potential third round match up until the Caps get there. The Caps were one lucky break in OT in round 1 last season from going home early again. Anything can happen in NHL playoff hockey. 

Like I said, I haven't felt this confident since 2017. Our offence is tremendously deep, and we now have a confidence in the playoffs that we've never had

before. I think our bottom 6 is going to give opposing teams a lot of problems.  

Archived