Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the most talented yet misused defensive front we've had in years?

Vanguard

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

Why does Kerrigan get credit for pressures and holding penalties but Doctson not get credit for PI calls?

Good point. I'd love to see a break down of his game, maybe a former redskins TE could look at film and explain the nuances of the game while I drink coffee and work in the morning.I miss that. 

Baldinger loves our D-line... 

I love how P. Smith stayed outside and crashed down on Rodgers instead of taking a shallow route and losing contain.  Rodgers likely doesn't burn you, but if he was 100% and Smith takes a direct angle, Rodgers likely breaks the pocket and does Aaron Rodgers things there.  Kudos to Smith for pushing up field and forcing Rodgers to step forward into the pocket.  

6 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Why does Kerrigan get credit for pressures and holding penalties but Doctson not get credit for PI calls?

Question I always had was why did Rak get such crap for complaining about the very thing that the guy got called on for hooking Kerrigan. Rak was right, it happened to him nearly every game and few were called, then fans called him a cry baby. 

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Well, a pass rusher's job is to get pressure, a receiver's job is to catch passes.  But I don't put most of the blame for Doctson's lack of production on him.  I put it on Smith.  You can't catch a pass if you don't even get a single target.  Smith can't get him the ball even when he gets open.  Doctson is not a good fit in this offense any more.  He's a glorified decoy now.  His only chance to get some targets is to move to the slot but that's where Crowder lines up.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This D will be something incredible if we  an pick up a quality JOB somewhere early  in the draft next year. Seems like the 'll e is more prone for the set, but the LB's can't always get there for the spike 

Are you talking about volley ball?

How could any self respecting Redskins fan talk ill or **** on Kerrigan. This a MAN who gave his all every Sunday for this team regardless of the lack of talent around him. This a MAN that went out every Sunday and regardless of our record played 100% . This is a MAN who in 8 seasons never missed a SINGLE GAME for this team..... THIS IS A MAN WITH 71 1/2 Career sacks!!

For the first time in 8 years father time has caught up to #91 and maybe just maybe he has lost a step, SHAME ON YOU SO CALLED FANS!!! SHAME

15 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

How could any self respecting Redskins fan talk ill or **** on Kerrigan. This a MAN who gave his all every Sunday for this team regardless of the lack of talent around him. This a MAN that went out every Sunday and regardless of our record played 100% . This is a MAN who in 8 seasons never missed a SINGLE GAME for this team..... THIS IS A MAN WITH 71 1/2 Career sacks!!

For the first time in 8 years father time has caught up to #91 and maybe just maybe he has lost a step, SHAME ON YOU SO CALLED FANS!!! SHAME

I didn't realize Ryan's mom had an account here...

I'm liking the plan of drafting two 'Bama boys for the DLine...instant chemistry and they are no doubt feeding off having pro success together. Right now i'm more than ok with not getting Vita Vea. I know he's been injured and could always start playing like a pro bowler once he's on the field, but I prefer seeing the promise and improvement over imagining it.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I'm liking the plan of drafting two 'Bama boys for the DLine...instant chemistry and they are no doubt feeding off having pro success together. Right now i'm more than ok with not getting Vita Vea. I know he's been injured and could always start playing like a pro bowler once he's on the field, but I prefer seeing the promise and improvement over imagining it.

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about Vita Vea.  I almost wanted him just as much as Payne.  But when I saw how Payne moved at the combine I was so impressed.  No wasted motion, just smooth and powerful, and I liked his attitude.  We'll see what Vita does when he's healthy though.  But I'm more than happy with DaRon.

I'm amazed that "fans" have decided -- after 3 games-- that Kerrigan brings no value to the defense and is some kind of liability.  

... Kinda pissed off, actually.

By that measure, we should jettison Williams, Crowder, Norman, Moses, and a bunch of other Skins players for not performing up to the "fans" expectations during the first 3 weeks.  Forget about game context, forget about what the opposing teams tried to do to neutralize those players... just decide it's time to let them go.

Kerrigan haters, ask yourself this.  Imagine Kerrigan up against Moses, on behalf of the Eagles, or some other NFC-East team.  (Oh, bye the way, Kerrigan seems to have figured a way to sack a QB, without getting a roughing penalty.)

Archived