Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Trump On Pace to Drain Legal Funds by July, With Only $27 Million Left

Donald Trump will likely drain his war chest for legal fees this summer, leaving the GOP frontrunner crunched for cash just as his presidential campaign ramps up spending for an expected rematch with President Joe Biden.

Trump spent $51.2 million in 2023 on legal expenses, and can tap another $26.6 million stashed in an allied super political action committee that he can use to pay his lawyers. But as his four criminal cases ramp up, those funds are expected to run out at a critical time — around July, when the Republican National Convention triggers the official start to the general election campaign.

That leaves Trump with only a few — unappealing —  options to keep paying for his defense. 

He could compel the Republican National Committee, which faces its own cash woes, to pay his bills, leaving the group with less money to support his campaign. He could siphon off more money from his army of small-dollar donors to his leadership PAC, Save America, which is financing his defense in multiple criminal and civil proceedings. Trump already diverts 10% of online contributions made to his reelection toward Save America for legal bills — a move which accounted for $9.9 million in 2023.

To pay his legal fees, Trump is relying on federal laws governing leadership PACs, which allow politicians to raise money that can support travel, fundraising and other political expenses.

Trump’s legal bills have been a drag on what has otherwise been a strong fundraising operation. His campaign and allied groups last year collectively spent $13.6 million more than they raised, thanks to a large nest egg of donations to Save America from 2021 and 2022, before he was actively campaigning. That fundraising buffer has nearly been depleted.

Save America has largely been able to pay for tens of millions of dollars in legal fees because of refunds of money it had previously transferred to Make America Great Again Inc., the super PAC supporting Trump’s bid. 

MAGA Inc., which has the ability to raise unlimited sums, used 71 cents of every dollar it raised in 2023 to help Trump pay his lawyers. It also spent $43.8 million to support Trump’s campaign and attack his rivals thanks to $54 million in cash it stockpiled in 2022.

The super PAC’s money in 2023 came from deep-pocketed donors, including investor Timothy Mellon, Crownquest Operating LLC’s Timothy Dunn and Home Depot Inc. co-founder Bernie Marcus. MAGA Inc. is permitted to refund $26.6 million more to Save America, but can’t transfer any more after that.

The RNC, which previously covered some of Trump’s legal bills during and after his first term, could also fund his trial costs, though it would drain cash that otherwise would be used to win elections.

Click on the link for the full article 

He's a billionaire, right?  Certainly he could afford to pay for his legal fees himself. ;)

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Typical alpha male behaviour… sitting alone begging ladies to ask him out on social media.

Being an "alpha male" is a bit like having a high IQ. If you feel the need to advertise and brag about it online, chances are it's not true.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Being an "alpha male" is a bit like having a high IQ. If you feel the need to advertise and brag about it online, chances are it's not true.

Yeah, thats why I don't like to tell people about my three foot penis. I'm not lying, ok? My girlfriend will vouch for me...but she lives in Canada...

• Haha 2

Trump world considers having the former president deliver the official GOP State of the Union response

Aides and allies close to former President Trump have discussed the former president giving the official Republican response to President Joe Biden’s March 7 State of the Union address, according to five people familiar with the talks.

Two of the sources said that Trump himself has discussed it, but both said he is leaning against the high-profile gig. 

The decision on who will deliver the response rests with Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

A source familiar with the planning of the State of the Union address said there has been no outreach by the Trump campaign to those planning the GOP rebuttal.

Johnson and McConnell’s offices declined to comment. 

“There are no plans at this time” for him to deliver the Republican response, one senior Trump aide said on the condition of anonymity because discussions on the topic have been private. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Tucker is a douche that need to be repeatedly punched in the nutsack.  A little history lesson for him (and his followers):

When Boris Yeltsin went grocery shopping in Clear Lake

In 1989 Russian president Boris Yeltsin's wide-eyed trip to a Clear Lake grocery store led to the downfall of communism.

It was Sept. 16, 1989, and Yeltsin, then newly-elected to the new Soviet parliament and the Supreme Soviet, had just visited Johnson Space Center.

At JSC, Yeltsin visited mission control and a mock-up of a space station. According to Houston Chronicle reporter Stefanie Asin, it wasn't all the screens, dials, and wonder at NASA that blew up his skirt, it was the unscheduled trip inside a nearby Randall's location.

Yeltsin, then 58, "roamed the aisles of Randall's nodding his head in amazement," wrote Asin. He told his fellow Russians in his entourage that if their people, who often must wait in line for most goods, saw the conditions of U.S. supermarkets, "there would be a revolution."

ratio3x2_960.webp

Shoppers and employees stopped him to shake his hand and say hello. In 1989, not everyone was carrying a smart phone in their pocket so Yeltsin "selfies" weren't a thing yet.

Yeltsin asked customers about what they were buying and how much it cost, later asking the store manager if one needed a special education to manage a store. In the Chronicle photos, you can see him marveling at the produce section, the fresh fish market, and the checkout counter. He looked especially excited about frozen pudding pops.

"Even the Politburo doesn't have this choice. Not even Mr. Gorbachev," he said. When he was told through his interpreter that there were thousands of items in the store for sale he didn't believe it. He had even thought that the store was staged, a show for him. Little did he know there countless stores just like it all over the country, some with even more things than the Randall's he visited.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

A Slurring Donald Trump Gives Unbelievable Excuse for Constant Mix-Ups

Donald Trump’s recent memory failures sure do look like some kind of cognitive decline. In the last few months, Trump has mixed up President Joe Biden with former President Barack Obama, slurred his words, bragged about his favorite type of violent death and that he calls corn “non-liquid gold,” insisted you need voter ID to buy bread, and confused his GOP competitor Nikki Haley for California Representative Nancy Pelosi, claiming that the former failed to act during January 6.

But during a campaign rally on Wednesday, Trump had a new excuse for all that, claiming all of his short circuits are actually just sarcastic jokes.

“But when I say that Obama is the president of our country bah bah bah, they go, ‘He doesn’t know that Spiden [sic], he doesn’t know.’ So it’s very hard to be sarcastic,” Trump said.

“When I interpose—cause I’m not a Nikki fan, and I’m not a Pelosi fan. And when I purposely interpose names, they said, ‘He didn’t know Pelosi from Nikki. From Tricky Nikki. Tricky Nikki. He didn’t know.’ I interposed,” he added, seemingly forgetting the definition of the word “interpose,” which per Merriam-Webster means to put oneself between or intrude.

“And they make a big deal out of it. I said, ‘No, no, I think they both stink. They have something in common. They both stink.’ And remember this: When I make a statement like that about Nikki, that means she will never be running for vice president. She will never be running [unintelligible] vice president,” he added.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, China said:

“When I interpose—cause I’m not a Nikki fan, and I’m not a Pelosi fan. And when I purposely interpose names, they said, ‘He didn’t know Pelosi from Nikki. From Tricky Nikki. Tricky Nikki. He didn’t know.’ I interposed,” he added, seemingly forgetting the definition of the word “interpose,” which per Merriam-Webster means to put oneself between or intrude.

"Now that I've used this word I definitely didn't know the understanding of until my speech writer threw it into a quip for me, let me grab the dictionary to give the definition to everyone else because surely nobody else knows such bigly words and they'll be impressed by me using it once they know what it means."

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Chicago Ray… you have a job that an uneducated immigrant will do for half your pay. That’s what’s happening in Canada. 

But you and your 3 other neck beards can fight amongst yourself for any leftover scraps runs… which you’ll inevitably blame Biden for too.

Your managers actually do care… because businesses are about the bottom line. Not your politics. They didn’t don’t care if you’re the one delivering or not, they can’t force you. They’ll just offer the jobs to drivers who’ll take the jobs. 

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 2

Trump’s ‘Super Limited’ $399 Gold Sneakers Sell Out In ‘Under 2 Hours’

One-thousand pairs of former President Donald Trump’s limited edition high-top gold-colored sneakers have sold out in presale, according to the brand’s website, hours after the former president launched the latest round of merchandise.

• Haha 1