Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

42 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

But I'll say this, if Trump wins again in 2020 it won't be the fault of the Democrats. It'll be because our country is screwed... ****ed over by the GOP who continue to foster a culture of hate and fear based on racism, lies & fake scandals. Donald Trump is a GOP creation. Accept it, learn from it, and ****ing fix that ****.

Maybe he is their abortion but he's leading them to his brand of conservatism.

Trumpism is steadily normalizing for GoP voters.  They're falling in line and they will absolutely support him in 2020.

Beating Trump hinges on millennial turnout (it's never won an election before) and will require educated suburban whites to stop ****ing voting Republican.

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That says a lot more about the GOP and it's base than it does about Hillary Clinton.

The defense rests

18 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If the Democrats run another Hillary, then absolutely it's their fault.

Im just glad it was pointed out to me that the GOP is responsible for presidential elections.  I never realized that.  Im woke now

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

But I'll say this, if Trump wins again in 2020 it won't be the fault of the Democrats.

The fact that the left feels this way makes me think Trump will win in 2020. (seems to me most of the left does feel this way, but I could be wrong)

ugh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

The fact that the left feels this way makes me think Trump will win in 2020. (seems to me most of the left does feel this way, but I could be wrong)

ugh

It's also why the original point is so wrong.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

ugh

Well look, if you want me to say that a President Trump is the Democrats fault, I can’t help you. Yes, the Democrats can run a better candidate than Hillary but yes also to:

-Hillary being one billion times more qualified than Trump

-Obama (and Comey, and Mueller, et all) being demonized the same as Hillary

-Whoever the democratic nominee ends up being getting the exact same treatment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well look, if you want me to say that a President Trump is the Democrats fault, I can’t help you. Yes, the Democrats can run a better candidate than Hillary but yes also to:

-Hillary being one billion times more qualified than Trump

-Obama (and Comey, and Mueller, et all) being demonized the same as Hillary

-Whoever the democratic nominee ends up being getting the exact same treatment.

And yet Obama managed to win.  IF the left decides that anyone that voted for Trump isnt worth trying to sway, and they put up another terrible candidate.  Then yes, it is their own ****ing fault.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

And yet Obama managed to win.  IF the left decides that anyone that voted for Trump isnt worth trying to sway, and they put up another terrible candidate.  Then yes, it is their own ****ing fault.

Add:
And they can't get their own people to show up and vote when/where it matters.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think the party of personal responsibility really should take responsibility for the pieces of **** they vote for and elect, but what do I know?

They have. For the most part they seem quite happy with themselves right now.

Trump's not a great GOP president, but he's accomplishing things closer to their agenda than Clinton ever would.

They also seem to enjoy the left's daily outrage.

Most of them voice being pretty happy with him, even if the rest of us think they shouldn't be.

• Like 1

I love how the supposed self accountability party blames the election of trump on Hillary. People lose so much credibility when they say stupid **** like that. 

That is NOT the MAIN reason why Trump won. 

Also, many democrats recognize how Hillary came across, while also recognizing she was far more competent than trump regardless. 

Are you you guys just latent victim blamers? If you see someone get cheated and your first thought is it’s her ****ing fault for getting cheated, you might be a victim blamer. 

If you see a flawed establishment candidate with no charisma, who got hit with Russian propaganda that reached 132 million people, who only lost by 77,000 votes, (but won the popular election) to a con man who sexually assaults women and you think she’s the main problem. You might be a victim blamer. 

How about the main problem (but not only problem) is that not enough people are doing their due diligence and making balanced, rational, and informed decisions about a candidate? This holds more weight because it is still valid when considering the primaries and puts the responsibility on each individual.  

• Like 3

I get it guys. You still want to hold out some hope that what used to be the Republican Party is redeemable. The “look what you made us do” schtick isn’t reality though. Trump is the GOP, the GOP is Trump, and it will never be the party of conservative values ever again. 

And it ain’t cause Hillary was a boring old biddy either.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

They have. For the most part they seem quite happy with themselves right now.

Trump's not a great GOP president, but he's accomplishing things closer to their agenda than Clinton ever would.

They also seem to enjoy the left's daily outrage.

Most of them voice being pretty happy with him, even if the rest of us think they shouldn't be.

And yet its the dems fault if he gets elected again? How Sway? Tell me how. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Im just glad it was pointed out to me that the GOP is responsible for presidential elections.  I never realized that.  Im woke now

They're certainly responsible for the ones that they voted for.  

Despite their efforts at "the Democrats made me do it! (By nominating a moderate Republican)."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Did you think this was a good point? The GOP created the culture that led to Trump, the GOP nominated Trump, the GOP supported Trump, the GOP elected Trump. The GOP isn't responsible for presidential elections but they are damn sure responsible for President Trump. Your cavalier, condescending attitude about that not being the case is a pretty blatant display of intentional ignorance.

Didnt a few of yall saying its the dems fault vote for the 3rd party? Please shut the **** up if so. Honestly, you yourself hurt us more than any dem. Including Hilldog. All you had to do was the right thing and you couldn't even do that. You have zero room to point fingers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While the pissing match in this thread was going on, Virginia voted in favor of Medicaid Expansion. It is the 34th state in the nation to do so.

Despite the Dems getting their butts kicked since 2010, the country has moved to the left on many major policy fronts.

• Like 3

I don't care if the Democrats nominate the stupidest, laziest, most far left, least charismatic, the most easily vilified person and the worse campaigner they can find, assuming the person shows the least bit ability and interest in differentiating fact from fiction and support of the institutions that are important for us remaining a representative government, if Donald Trump is re-elected, the primary blame for his re-election will be the people that voted for him.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Despite the Dems getting their butts kicked since 2010, the country has moved to the left on many major policy fronts.

This will not help with the usual dem talking point that the hip is dragging the country to the right and asking for compromise from the dems is unfair. 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I get it guys. You still want to hold out some hope that what used to be the Republican Party is redeemable. The “look what you made us do” schtick isn’t reality though. Trump is the GOP, the GOP is Trump, and it will never be the party of conservative values ever again. 

And it ain’t cause Hillary was a boring old biddy either.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

And yet its the dems fault if he gets elected again? How Sway? Tell me how. 

56 minutes ago, Larry said:

They're certainly responsible for the ones that they voted for.  

Despite their efforts at "the Democrats made me do it! (By nominating a moderate Republican)."

Talking to you guys is impossible. You can’t follow the conversation. 

Nominate another ****astic candidate and **** for four more years. I don’t care. I can’t stand trump but I’m not the one being hurt by him either. Do as you wish. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

Nominate another ****astic candidate and **** for four more years. I don’t care. I can’t stand trump but I’m not the one being hurt by him either. Do as you wish. 

If you don't think you aren't being hurt by having a US government that isn't taken seriously by the rest of the world because its leader is dishonest and doesn't understand reality, you aren't very smart.

If you think when the US President lies to the Canadian Prime Minister to his face and then brags about it later, that doesn't hurt the US in terms of various negotiations in terms of trade, national security, etc (and those things don't have an effect on you), then you aren't very smart.

If you don't think having a President that is undermining important institutions that support ethical government and representative government doesn't hurt you, you aren't very smart.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thanks 3

In the grand scheme of what trump is doing and where I am in life, I’m pretty far down the list. 

At worst my taxes went up a little. They’ll go up more in 7 years if nothing changes, we’ll see. That’ll really suck but I’ll deal with it. 

But im just not smart so I’ll just shut the **** up. 

You guys seem real smart, maybe you can actually beat that dumbass next time. 

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think the party of personal responsibility really should take responsibility for the pieces of **** they vote for and elect, but what do I know?

Unfortunately I can only use one reaction to this post.

49 minutes ago, tshile said:

Talking to you guys is impossible. You can’t follow the conversation. 

I understood your point from the outset. I just don't agree with you on this one. Has nothing to do with not being able to follow.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff