Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

3 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

I think that people who have little imagination and hence little capacity for empathy tend to be right wingers.  I see that among my right wing friends.  One aspect of it that jumps out in conversation is the inability to enjoy fiction.  They read predominantly non-fiction.  

Not suggesting that this explains everything, or there aren't many exceptions, but anecdotally it really seems common.

Oh, they enjoy a lot of fiction...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

I was visiting relatives in rural Wisconsin earlier this month.  Totally different world.  Anyway, my bro-in-law and his family have been firmly COVID-conscious these past 2+ years.  He’s a school teacher and his sister in law had a recent realization that “oh, you’re always wearing your mask so your students don’t get sick.”  Took two years for her to understand that his actions were not only to protect himself, but to best protect those around him.  Blew her mind.

And there it's intertwined with a repulsive capacity to be self involved that's renders them oblivious to concern for others.

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

Oh, they enjoy a lot of fiction...

Fanfiction

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Fanfiction

41Tvvh5b-nL._SY346_.jpg

When patriot Mike rescues feminist Ricki from a post-Trump rally riot, the clash of opposites sets off sparks between them. But the gentleman giant refuses to leave the side of the spunky half-pint until he and his pickup truck deliver her home, safe and sound. Ricki attends the rally to scoop the racism of the Trump crowd in a blog post. But she’s forced to spin a false narrative when her mistaken assumptions fail to materialize. When Ricki’s lies get Mike doxxed, and his construction worksite becomes the target of anti-fascist thugs, his righteous anger forces her to reckon with the truth.Ricki wants to fix the damage and regain Mike’s trust. But that means facing the wrath of the liberal mobs. Will Ricki find the courage to leave the left for a lifetime of old-fashioned true love?

• Haha 5

On 4/6/2022 at 11:41 PM, China said:

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, one of the nation’s highest profile peddlers of baseless claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump, said Tuesday that he’s donated as much as $800,000 to the legal defense fund of embattled Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters.

“I probably put in three, four or five, maybe $800,000, of my own money,” Lindell told reporters outside the Colorado Capitol. 

Colorado’s Independent Ethics Commission is investigating the legal defense fund after a complaint was filed about the lack of transparency around who is giving the fund money. Peters has denied wrongdoing. 

Edited by Cooked Crack

New York City Mayor Eric Adams calls for probe of Rudy Giuliani for possibly filing a false police report

New York Mayor Eric Adams on Wednesday called for prosecutors to investigate Rudy Giuliani for possibly filing a false police report in claiming he was slapped at a grocery store.

Adams, the second Black mayor of New York, went as far as calling Giuliani a possible "Karen," a slang term for people — often white women — who are prone to using their privilege to call police or other authority to settle non-criminal disputes, often with people of color.

“I believe, just as we’ve done in other instances like the Karen incident in Central Park, I believe the D.A. should look at that," Adams said. "I don’t want to see innocent people in jail.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 5

Fox News Is Showing The Jan. 6 Hearings And Viewers Are Flipping The Channel

Fox News Channel is airing the Jan. 6 committee hearings when they occur in daytime hours and a striking number of the network’s viewers have made clear they’d rather be doing something else.

During two daytime hearings last week, Fox averaged 727,000 viewers, the Nielsen company said. That compares to the 3.09 million who watched the hearings on MSNBC and the 2.21 million tuned in to CNN.

It completely flips the typical viewing pattern for the news networks. During weekdays when the hearings are not taking place, Fox News Channel routinely has more viewers than the other two networks combined, Nielsen said.

Last Thursday, Fox had 1.33 million viewers for the 2 p.m. Eastern hour before the hearing started — slightly below its second quarter average but on par for early summer, when fewer people are watching TV.

After the hearing started, Fox’s audience’s sank to 747,000 for the 3 p.m. Eastern hour and even lower, to 718,000, at 4 p.m. Fox cut away from the hearing at 5 p.m. to show its popular panel program, “The Five,” and fans immediately rewarded them: viewership shot up to 2.76 million people, Nielsen said.

The apparent lack of interest explains why the frequently Trump-friendly network stuck with its regular lineup during the committee’s only prime-time hearing, while ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSNBC all showed the Washington proceedings. “The Five” has also been cable television’s most-watched show, on average, for nine months.

On 6/28/2022 at 1:15 PM, The 12th Commandment said:

I think that people who have little imagination and hence little capacity for empathy tend to be right wingers.  I see that among my right wing friends.  One aspect of it that jumps out in conversation is the inability to enjoy fiction.  They read predominantly non-fiction.  

Not suggesting that this explains everything, or there aren't many exceptions, but anecdotally it really seems common.

Funny you mentioned that, I have a right wing friend that is the same way. Marvel movies? Thats for children. Anything with zombies in (whether its The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones) is stupid and anything animated is a cartoon and adults shouldn't be watching it for their own entertainment. They have no imagination, but they also lack understanding, reminds me of a story:

When the Patriots and Falcons had their Super Bowl, I went over to a girl's parent's house I was seeing for the party. They weren't there yet, but she told me to just come inside when I got there, I hadn't met them yet, so I didn't feel comfortable pulling that one off. So, as I waited for her to let me in, I was eavesdropping on a bunch of "bros" across the street. These guys looked to be around my age (early to mid 30's), were drinking micro brews and grilling while wearing polo tees, khaki shorts and sandals in the middle of winter. The typical yuppie ****s I go out of my way to avoid, anyways, they were having a good laugh at the dems. The travel ban by Trump was all over the news and they had a weird outlook on it. One of the guys said something a long the lines of "They're so stupid for protesting there, its not even an international airport" and they all burst into laughter. Did they really not understand? Were they stupid enough to think that people were protesting the actual airports themselves? Who knows, this country is better off with these people dead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Oh it was a spectacular sight to see too. Needless to say, I then dropped to my knees thanking @The Almighty Buzz for his service! MAGA guy went to the corner and cried. 

Pretty sure Buzz can tie his own shoes. Although, fwiw I should have just replied with this.

Disney Pixar GIF

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Yup.  And since we are married now, I don't even have to give foot rubs to get that thanks.

I'm single, don't have too worry about the wifey and whatnot. Have jack myself off with my own foot though, small price to pay 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Republican strategist claims Trump is raising money off 'people that don't have expendable incomes'

Republican strategist and conservative commentator Alice Stewart joined Don Lemon Tonight Thursday, where she spoke about former President Trump’s fundraising efforts since losing the 2020 election. Trump raised hundreds of millions of dollars falsely claiming that the election was stolen.

“Money is being raised from people that don’t have expendable incomes, or people on fixed incomes that are giving their hard-earned money to Donald Trump to help in this process. The problem is, it’s all based on lies,” Stewart said. “It is based on his ill-conceived notion that there was widespread election fraud, and he actually won the election. That is the travesty here, is that we’re still, a year and a half later, still litigating the 2020 election.”

Money from those fundraising efforts is reportedly being used to pay legal fees for some witnesses testifying before the January 6 Committee, raising questions about witness tampering.

“We do need to find out what happened and led up to January 6th. We need to hold people accountable to that,” Stewart said. “But the fact that good people with good intentions that are strong Republicans are still buying into this ill-conceived notion of widespread election fraud.”

• Haha 1

Gee.

I mean, I am all shocked and whatnot.

After all, he loves the poorly educated. Why on earth would anyone expect a lifetime grifter and thief like that fat **** to rip off the people he loves?

~Bang

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, China said:

Republican strategist claims Trump is raising money off 'people that don't have expendable incomes'

Republican strategist and conservative commentator Alice Stewart joined Don Lemon Tonight Thursday, where she spoke about former President Trump’s fundraising efforts since losing the 2020 election. Trump raised hundreds of millions of dollars falsely claiming that the election was stolen.

“Money is being raised from people that don’t have expendable incomes, or people on fixed incomes that are giving their hard-earned money to Donald Trump to help in this process. The problem is, it’s all based on lies,” Stewart said. “It is based on his ill-conceived notion that there was widespread election fraud, and he actually won the election. That is the travesty here, is that we’re still, a year and a half later, still litigating the 2020 election.”

Money from those fundraising efforts is reportedly being used to pay legal fees for some witnesses testifying before the January 6 Committee, raising questions about witness tampering.

“We do need to find out what happened and led up to January 6th. We need to hold people accountable to that,” Stewart said. “But the fact that good people with good intentions that are strong Republicans are still buying into this ill-conceived notion of widespread election fraud.”

Again, a voluntary tax on the stupids

But I bet the TV preachers are takin a hit, he's workin their side of the street

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m glad the Proud Boys dip****s got pepper sprayed but I gotta say that the all ages drag show is a little unsettling to me.

Same here. I want, should I call them "alternative genders"?, to have freedom. Including the freedom to be "out". To not be forced to hide their identity. 

I'm not as enthusiastic about mixing them, the public library, and children. 

I'll also confess. I'm not certain that my discomfort isn't a problem, in me. 

• Like 2