Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

From what I can tell, the Flat Earth movement is mostly made up of two segments.

One is the grifters who intentionally misuse scientific terminology to come up with pseudo-scientific babble that "proves" the Earth is flat (for example they say that magnetic fields somehow cause gravity and throw out things like "magnetic declination").

The other is the gullible conspiracy theory morons who follow the grifters and who don't have the scientific understanding to see through the blatant nonsensical bull**** and who also don't have the desire to actually learn the real science because they're already invested in being conspiracy theorists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

From what I can tell, the Flat Earth movement is mostly made up of two segments.

One is the grifters who intentionally misuse scientific terminology to come up with pseudo-scientific babble that "proves" the Earth is flat (for example they say that magnetic fields somehow cause gravity and throw out things like "magnetic declination").

The other is the gullible conspiracy theory morons who follow the grifters and who don't have the scientific understanding to see through the blatant nonsensical bull**** and who also don't have the desire to actually learn the real science because they're already invested in being conspiracy theorists.

Throw in contrarians. They know the idea is absurd, but feel they are owning the egghead elites. Besides, it gets them attention.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

49 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

No ends. It’s flat and round like a pizza. The perimeter is surrounded by walls of ice so nothing flows off the edge.

Also remember that most of them seem to believe that it's also all part of a conspiracy that NASA is in charge of.

Never mind the fact that NASA has only existed since 1958.

Interesting to me that conspiracy theorists will go to great depths to believe that practically every extension of the government is ran by evil folks that intend to strip everyone of their rights, guns, etc. but they can't wrap their head around things like widespread, systemic fraud and abuse by the police. 

Things that make you go hmmm...

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, youngestson said:

Throw in contrarians. They know the idea is absurd, but feel they are owning the egghead elites. Besides, it gets them attention.

I use the term "trolls". But same meaning. 

• Like 2

There's an ice wall, don'tcha know. It keeps us all from falling off. 
they not only believe all the governments are in on it, all the pilots, the militaries of the world are all in on the secret.

In fact for their theories to be true, a couple million people would have to know the secret. Ever since Magellan.

And nobody ever tells.

~Bang

• Haha 3

Responding to you here to get it out the stadium:

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I've just never heard a blip about Del Rio's twitter fingers until he showed up here.  Del Rio should absolutely know better than to touch on divisive topics via twitter or in front of a microphone, so I'm not giving him a pass.  I'm just curious what he did before he got here that Rivera should have known about, and that could have potentially led to this.

Him and his wife have been known Trump supporters for a while now.  He not only toed the line with his wife getting fed up, but didn't stand up for his player concerning Trump coming after Lynch and his own stance in the flag:

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:
I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I've just never heard a blip about Del Rio's twitter fingers until he showed up here.  Del Rio should absolutely know better than to touch on divisive topics via twitter or in front of a microphone, so I'm not giving him a pass.  I'm just curious what he did before he got here that Rivera should have known about, and that could have potentially led to this.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/20/raiders-jack-del-rio-responds-to-trumps-tweet-on-lynch-and-wifes-retort/

It was almost immediate he was going to say something that brought him heat almost as soon as he got here as well:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/redskins-jack-del-rio-trump-supporter-tweets

His politics were obvious to anyone that followed him closely (I didn't until he got here), so I can't imagine what he said behind closed doors to his players.

People like Rivera shoulda seen this coming, especially after he got into it with folks in Twitter soon as he got here.  If they did say anything to him, it clearly didn't work.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2