Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT - Redskins Cheerleaders Describe Trip to Costa Rica that Crossed the Line

Reaper Skins

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ask yourself this:

Why would the cheerleading director be motivated to pimp out her staff?

Ok, I tried to make it through all 8 pages before responding, but this one stopped me.

NFL needs to do a full investigation before they consider forcing Snyder to sell the team.  And I'm not just talking about investigating us, I'm talking about investigating all 32 teams.  NYT has been posting articles about other franchises toeing the line, and this happened 5 years ago and just coming out now, this concerns me that this is a bigger problem then is publicly made available and Snyder alone is going to get the fall for this.  You can't force him out then find out other teams are doing it, too, what are they going to do, force the other 31 owners to sell their teams once they get the bottom of this?

You know who else had to know about this?  The NFL. Why does anyone trust them not to turn a blind eye on the way these franchises treat their cheerleaders after the way they tried to act like CTE wasn't what we know now about it? How do we know this wasn't handled internally and not happening anymore?  This happened 5 years ago. This is horrible, but not enough information on the bigger picture to say this is just Snyder or a system-wide problem that the NFL has allowed to get this far without doing anything to stop it.

Look, its impossible for me to defend this, and I'm not going to.  What I'm saying is we need more facts about what happened after this and what the other franchises are actually doing in regards to their cheerleaders before saying Snyder and the Redskins are the worst at it. 

I am sick that the director of this cheerleading squad wasn't at the event in Costa Rica after the photo shoot.  That tells me she knew it was dead wrong and didn't have the guts to watch it in person.  She's the first one that needs to go for allowing that to happen, I don't care if it was her idea or someone made her to do it, have zero confidence in her to do what's in the best interests of these women, she is absolutely part of the problem and I haven't seen her name come up again since the first page or two.

I also agree with getting rid of cheerleaders in the NFL.  They are sex objects, nothing more.  Even if they aren't getting pimped out, there's no need for borderline strippers to part of this league anymore.  If the NFL wants to keep them, they have to scale back otherwise anything NFL finds out of all this will be used to declare a line that needs to be moved back even further.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

i agree, but the cheerleaders seem to REALLY like doing it. So i'd rather punish the scumbuckets and fix the system than let the scumbuckets get away with it and take away something from the cheerleaders that they enjoy.

We can't on the one hand agree they are sex objects and try to draw lines on how far we can go with it.  Put some damn clothes on them or end this **** once and for all.

41 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Thats rediculous. They are performers who want to perform. They are confortable with using their body to perform.

Try telling that to all the grid girls in motor-racing and the walk-on girls in darts who all lost their jobs because someone decided that walking around in provocative clothing was not appropriate for 2018. I can see the end of cheerleaders within the next year or two whether it is fair to them or not.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We can't on the one hand agree they are sex objects and try to draw lines on how far we can go with it.  Put some damn clothes on them or end this **** once and for all.

I agree wholeheartedly. When did tits and ass become special. Quit complaining and stop pretending to be upset about exposing your breasts. Big deal

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, I mean even in your posts there was an ass exposed.

Hopefully you didn't destroy too may brain cells with that one

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And please clean your **** suckers before thinking next time

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

We can chat later. I have to take my wife and 2 girls to the storm shelter **** face

6 minutes ago, CutPryorNow said:

I agree wholeheartedly. When did tits and ass become special. Quit complaining and stop pretending to be upset about exposing your breasts. Big deal

I don't understand, are you saying these women should've known what they were getting themselves into when they went on this trip to Costa Rica?  This is so much bigger then cleavage, you read the article, right? 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't understand, are you saying these women should've known what they were getting themselves into when they went on this trip to Costa Rica?  This is so much bigger then cleavage, you read the article, right? 

Absolutely not at all. We should never claim responsibility for our actions

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Oops I mean forgive me I will blame your quote when I get kicked off this website. Ohhhh the pressure

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I do have to take shelter from tornado sirens, hopefully my wife and 2 young girls will rub some sensitivity off on me for at least a few hours

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I forgot how to read a few years ago after being pressured into exposing myself

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Oops I can't see either

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

The sirens have gone off so we can continue our/ I mean your highly intellectual subterfuge

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

To bad something as devestating as this situation is causes so much bicker and grief between fans.. especially the talk of penises..

Agreed, I'm editing out my posts, it adds nothing to this convo when i was just trying to get clarification from him on what he said instead of jumping to conclusions.

We're on the front page of every news site. The only one not showing us is NFL.com for obvious reasons. Make no mistake, this is an absolute PR nightmare. I feel for the ladies and I'm glad they've had an opportunity to speak up and get their story in the light. One has to think this stretches deeper than just our franchise, just this sport, and just our cheerleaders; and that's the unfortunate news.

Assuming more journalists will dig deeper into this issue. Somehow I can't see a bunch of young women getting paid next to nothing having a problem speaking up against what went on around here. I'm not quite sure who yet, but people will pay for this.

The NFL needs to investigate this.  Is this just limited to the Redskins, probably not.  It's probably even happening at the college level also.

In the current climate of #MeToo, this could be a big deal.

This could become a big distraction all season.  The Skins could be penalized with fines or loss of draft picks.  The government could get involved.

Depending how this plays out, this could blow up into having serious consequences for the Skins.

I think most of us would love a scandal to force Dan out.  If it were to get to that point, it will be painful road to get there and the team will suffer tremendous cost.

48 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The NFL needs to investigate this.  Is this just limited to the Redskins, probably not.  It's probably even happening at the college level also.

In the current climate of #MeToo, this could be a big deal.

This could become a big distraction all season.  The Skins could be penalized with fines or loss of draft picks.  The government could get involved.

Depending how this plays out, this could blow up into having serious consequences for the Skins.

I think most of us would love a scandal to force Dan out.  If it were to get to that point, it will be painful road to get there and the team will suffer tremendous cost.

Draft picks would be tough to dock. Fines and firings seem more like it.

41 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Damn. And just as I was starting to feel good about the team again after a second strong draft. This leadership. There's always something.

The cycle we live in, my friend.  Wholeheartedly agree, and have a lot of confused and more embarrassed emotions than anything to even be associated as a fan with the organization that fostered the behavior.

Sad to see some of the idiocy in this thread.  I know this is ES and all, but damn.  Kind of day I'd hate to be a mod and appreciate all you guys do.

What is the big deal? If these girls didn't want to pose nude then they shouldn't have.  Were they being forced to do all of this? Seems like a bunch of nonsense to me. Just quit and report it to the league. It didn't bother them until 5 years later? SMH, wake me up when training camp gets here. 

Archived