What to do at LG?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What should Skins do at LG?

• In Kouandjio we trust
    • Move Ty Nsekhe
    • Find Vet to compete with Kouandjio- best man wins
    • Our starting LG is not currently on the roster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2018 at 04:55 PM

5 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I think he was committed to a mental health facility by a judge very recently. I'm not sure he is even out yet, let alone ready or able to be on a football team. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23715587/richie-incognito-back-home-hopes-return-nfl

He's been home for a month now... and apparently has made it known he wants to play football again. 

I am really apprehensive about jumping at him.  I'm not worried about his play, he's 34 but he's still a good ball player, and he missed 18 months which may have saved his body a bit.  He missed it for a terrible reason, but missed it non the less.  He's clearly got some stuff going on in the attic and I don't know that I would want that coming here.  I could see him and Swearinger or Foster having a major issue with their personalities clashing... not sure it would make it worth it for a stop gap guy that likely is only here for a year or maybe two.  

28 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Why in the world would they bring in a POS like Incognito? The guy is bat **** crazy and not worth the headaches. They need to stay as far away from this piece of trash as possible. 

Because it takes our biggest need and addresses it.  Incognito gives us one of the better O-lines in football once he puts pen to paper.  

Like I said before, I'm very concerned about it, but I would understand why they would want that football talent on the field.... off the field is the problem.  

2 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

not sure it would make it worth it for a stop gap guy that likely is only here for a year or maybe two.  

When I first heard incognito was available, I was all for it.  But after reading about the latest issue, I would pass on him.  The man is a loose cannon who could snap at any moment.  It would be one thing to bring in a troubled pro bowl caliber player in his late twenties, because the upside is you could get 6 to 8 solid years out of him.  The upside for us is a couple years of solid play, but the downside is a significant disruption to our team chemistry, which I feel is the best we have had in a long time.  The potential benefits do not outweigh the risks imo.  Pass.

56 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Because it takes our biggest need and addresses it.  Incognito gives us one of the better O-lines in football once he puts pen to paper.  

Like I said before, I'm very concerned about it, but I would understand why they would want that football talent on the field.... off the field is the problem.  

With all due respect this is the absolute worst excuse to bring a piece a garbage like this guy in. He is a known homophobic, misogynistic, racist piece of human waste. A few days/weeks in a posh rehab center is not changing that.

Yes, I am sure there are other players we don't know about with the same ignorant traits. But we can only make decisions on what we know. And we know this guy is a absolute trash. I do not expect them all to be perfect. No one is. But I personally don't want someone who is a known lowest form of human life there is on this team.  

I could care less how much better he could possibly make the team (I would argue his potential impact is being overvalued here as they do have people to play LG, just not ideal players yet.) As much as I love this team, it's just a game. If he were the only option and we would lose without him and we were assured a SB victory with him, I would still not want this piece of garbage on the team.  

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

With all due respect this is the absolute worst excuse to bring a piece a garbage like this guy in. He is a known homophobic, misogynistic, racist piece of human waste. A few days/weeks in a posh rehab center is not changing that.

Yes, I am sure there are other players we don't know about with the same ignorant traits. But we can only make decisions on what we know. And we know this guy is a absolute trash. I do not expect them all to be perfect. No one is. But I personally don't want someone who is a known lowest form of human life there is on this team.  

I could care less how much better he could possibly make the team (I would argue his potential impact is being overvalued here as they do have people to play LG, just not ideal players yet.) As much as I love this team, it's just a game. If he were the only option and we would lose without him and we were assured a SB victory with him, I would still not want this piece of garbage on the team.  

Didn't say I would do it... just why THEY might see it as an option.  

I'll say again, it would seriously concern me... and likely a move I would not make myself.  

58 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Ok, let's pretend that the FO has blackballed Richie Incognito for a moment. What other options are out there?

Potential Camp Cuts:

Bills (glut at G and C, have to move on from at least one maybe 2 imo):

- John Miller(24 yrs old, 2015 3rd R)

- Vlad Ducasse (30 yrs old)

- Ryan Gory (27 yrs old)

Cards (glut at G):

- Evan Boehm (24 yrs old, 2016 4th R)

Broncos:

- Max Garcia (2015 4th R)

Boys:

- Looney

Titans:

- Pamphile 

edit - apparently Pamphile was signed by the Titans this offseason .... for 1 yr at 1.4M. He will be first man up for Titans O line. He started 15 games last year for the Bucs. 

Why didnt we sniff this guy? wtf. 

https://titansized.com/2018/04/04/tennessee-titans-sign-kevin-pamphile-underrated/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2018/7/2/17527740/colts-roster-bubble-jack-mewhort

I'm hoping for Jack mewhort.  Let's hope nelson, smith, kelly and slauson make it out of colts preseason healthy.  Then throw a 5th to the colts for mewhort.  With the talent on the rest of the o line, mewhort doesn't have to be a star, but can be a solid contributor.   And he is young, we can lock him up as a long term solution if he pans out.  Health is obviously an issue, as he missed chunks of the last two seasons with knee issues, but he was relatively healthy the prior five seasons between college/pro.  Well worth a 5th round pick imo.

@Koolblue13 @KillBill26 Eh ... I'm not enthused about trading a 5th rounder for a guy who, according to the article, "struggled with injuries over the past two years." I don't want us sacrificing a draft pick for a guy who may not see the field for half the games. Now if he gets cut, that's a whole different ballgame...

Based on @Why am I Mr. Pink?'s list, I would hope to snag a guy from either the Cards or Bills since those cuts would be based less on performance and more on the other talent they have on the roster

2 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Based on @Why am I Mr. Pink?'s list, I would hope to snag a guy from either the Cards or Bills since those cuts would be based less on performance and more on the other talent they have on the roster

Where does everyone get the impression that Buffalo has offensive line depth?!

They traded Cordy Glenn (LT)  to the Bengals, their starting Center (Wood) and guard (Incognito) both suddenly retired within weeks of each other.

And they only drafted 1 o-line in the 5th round.

Thats a young, inexperienced and patchwork line. 

What am I missing here?

2 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Looks like that would probably be Ducasse. If any of the others are cut, especially Boehm, you got to consider the probability we actually are better off with going with the devils we know.

On 7/6/2018 at 9:21 AM, goskins10 said:

I'd really like to know where you heard this from.  McCoy, a black guy, loved Incognito. 

The only teammate to ever complain about Incognito is Martin, and he was just put in a mental facility and maybe charged with crimes for threatening to shoot people. 

2 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I'd really like to know where you heard this from.  McCoy, a black guy, loved Incognito. 

The only teammate to ever complain about Incognito is Martin, and he was just put in a mental facility and maybe charged with crimes for threatening to shoot people. 

Yea, having a black friend means you can’t be a racist.  But let’s just ignore that and make the assumption he is not. There is enough other ignorance that demonstrates without a shadow of a doubt he is a useless piece of **** as a person. Not who this team needs in my opinion. 

On 7/9/2018 at 4:40 PM, Master Blaster said:

It came from the Martin investigation.  There was a lot of reporting and information that he would haze Martin using vulgar terminology, and he apparently went after the Dolphins assistant trainer, targeting his Japanese heritage.  One instance he said he was going to retaliate for the Pearl Harbor attacks. 

A lot of what Martin claimed clearly came from his own personal perspective.  If you read some of the reports, Martin has MAJOR insecurity issues, so I have to believe a good portion of the claims had a level of intensity added to them.  He absolutely felt threatened, and felt that it went too far, but I don't believe Incognito was the only one dishing it out, and I don't believe the Dolphins locker room was the only place this stuff was taking place.  I have to believe a lot of the sport locker rooms around this country have similar antics within them that go unreported, because it's almost just 'accepted.'  That there is A LOT of vulgarity included within those walls that the general public is not exposed to, and honestly can't handle.  Incognito is the definition of 'that guy' in a football locker room.  The majority of the things he said, I've personally heard within my H.S. football locker room back when I was playing.  I've heard most of those things in every day facets of life growing up, from school hallways to the bar, hanging out with friends.  I'm not justifying it, just trying to point out that this is probably more commonplace than people may want to admit, especially in that type of a setting.    

That said, I agree that I don't think Incognito is a fit here.  If he didn't have the baggage and history he does, I'd be all for bringing him in as a 2 year bridge player, but with what he brings beyond the field of play... it's just not worth it.

4 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

It came from the Martin investigation.  There was a lot of reporting and information that he would haze Martin using vulgar terminology, and he apparently went after the Dolphins assistant trainer, targeting his Japanese heritage.  One instance he said he was going to retaliate for the Pearl Harbor attacks. 

Yes I actually read the texts between Martin and Incognito one afternoon. Like most things it was completely overblown by the media. 

They entirely ignore the multiple

times a week Incognito messages Martin just to ask how he’s doing and if he wants to hangout. 

It may come as a surprise to some

but how he communicates is how a lot of athletes communicate. Doesn’t make it right, but he’s not unique. 

On 7/11/2018 at 2:29 PM, Master Blaster said:

Yes I actually read the texts between Martin and Incognito one afternoon. Like most things it was completely overblown by the media. 

They entirely ignore the multiple

times a week Incognito messages Martin just to ask how he’s doing and if he wants to hangout. 

It may come as a surprise to some

but how he communicates is how a lot of athletes communicate. Doesn’t make it right, but he’s not unique. 

So since a bunch of other guys do it but don't get caught, that makes it OK for him. That is what you are saying. You can only take action on what you know. The team knows he is a POS. No reason to bring him in. There are other guys who can play LG that are not garbage. 

The item above can be had but giving enough money. He wants to play football so he is making it look good. Not to mention, the lesson he learned from being bullied? Don't hate a guy just because he bullies you! Get to know them as they are just misunderstood! Especially since when he had the chance he then bullied someone else! 

What a role model! Not sure why you are defending this piece of human waste. 

Archived